S 4
T 4
W 5
A 4
LD 9
Sv 3+

Abilities

Death From Above

Lone Operative - This model can never have a Warlord Trait.

Interminable Determination - You can re-roll failed wound rolls of 1 for this model when attacking a CHARACTER during the Shooting phase.
Descending Death - In the turn that this model arrives on the battlefield via its Death From Above rule, if it is equipped with a "Hellshot" Heavy Sniper Rifle, change the Type of the "Hellshot" Heavy Sniper Rifle to Heavy 3. 
No Escape - In your shooting phase, after this model has shot with its Master-crafted Instigator Bolt Carbine, if it is not within Engagement Range of any enemy units, it may make a normal move as if it were your movement phase. This move must be towards the nearest CHARACTER. This may not occur in a turn this model arrived on the battlefield via Death from Above. 

Weapons

"Hellshot" Heavy Sniper Rifle - 36'', Heavy 1, S7, AP -1, D2 
May ignore Look Out, Sir. 

May replace "Hellshot" Heavy Sniper Rifle with Master-crafted Instigator Bolt Carbine

Paired Combat Blades

Essentially a superlative character hunter. I imagined him as essentially dropping from high altitude with his Grav Chutes, blasting his targets from above with his Hellshot as he descends. 

tumblr_mtjyn86hKw1s079ezo2_r2_400.gif

Interdictor Squad

Same Statline/Box/Key Words as Suppressors

M12, WS3, BS3, S4, T4, W2, A2, LD7, SV3+

Equipment: 1x Special Issue Bolt Pistol, 1x Powerblade (Gauntlet mounted blades)

Powerblade: Strength User, AP-2, D1, +1 Attack for each blade, Unmodified wound rolls of 6 are resolved as D2

Options: Any model may replace it's pistol with a Neo Volkite Pistol or a second Powerblade for 3pts.

Special Rules:

Something Something Sneaky: 1x per battle each unit may use the smoke screen strategem for 0CP. Normal restrictions for one use per turn.

Strategem: 1CP to re roll wound rolls in the fight phase

Edited by zero88

Primaris Comms Officer

M6 WS3+ BS2+ S4 T4 W3 A3 LD8 SV3+

Elites Choice 70pts/3pl

Master Crafted Bolt Rifle

Comms Relay: If this model is within range of the <AURA> Abilities any Friendly <CHAPTER> Models then in your Command Phase you may pick another Friendly <CHAPTER> Unit within 24" of this model. That unit counts as being within range of all <AURA> Abilities that the Comms Officer is within Range of.

Primaris Comms Officer

Elites Choice 70pts/3pl

Comms Relay: If this model is within range of the <AURA> Abilities any Friendly <CHAPTER> Models then in your Command Phase you may pick another Friendly <CHAPTER> Unit within 24" of this model. That unit counts as being within range of all <AURA> Abilities that the Comms Officer is within Range of.

this would be a nice nod to the comms HQ from horus heresy as well. I like it.

Primaris Comms Officer

Elites Choice 70pts/3pl

this would be a nice nod to the comms HQ from horus heresy as well. I like it.

Building out on the "Primaris are like the Legions" thing.

Rik

Here is my attempt.

Trained by both their chapter's Librarius, and the agents of Belisarius Cawl, Exorcists stride into the harshest warzones to banish the taint of chaos. These officers bear powerful Nullifier array upon their heavy Gravis plate which combine multi-spectrum targetting and comms jammers with experimental tech derived from Cawl's experiments with Blackstone. Mundane foes find their comms and targetting systems have betrayed them while their own eyes decieve them and shouted commands lost on a silent wind. Where an exorcist walks, arcane and diabolical defences become unreliable. Against psykers and creatures of the warp, these powers are truly devestating.

Primaris Exorcist (HQ)

M: 5" WS:2+ BS:3+ S: 4 T:5 W:6  A:4 LD: 8

Wargear: Null Stave, Absolvor Bolt Pistol, Frag,Krak & Psyk-out Grenades

Null Stave Range/Type: Melee S:+2  AP: -1 D:1 Abilities: Invulnerable saves may not be taken against wounds caused by this weapon. Against models with the DEMON or PSYKER keyword, increase the damage characteristic to 2.

Nullifier Array: During the controlling player's command phase, this model may choose one of the following abilities. This ability lasts until the controlling player's next commmand phase.

Communications Disruption: If an enemy unit attempts to use a stratagem within 12" of this model, roll 1 D6. On a 4+, that unit may not be affected by any stratagems this player turn.

Targeting Disruption: Enemy units that declare a shooting attach against a friendly unit within 12" of this model suffer -1 to their hit rolls.

Etheric Disruption: All units (Friend and Foe) within 12" of this model mustb re-roll successful invulnerable saves.

Blackstone Aura: Psykers (Friend and Foe) within 12" of this model must subtract 1 from psychic tests.

Faction Keywords: Imperium, Adeptus Astartes, <Chapter>

Keywords: Infantry, Character, Primaris, Mk X Gravis, Exorcist

Some really creative ideas here... nicely done!

I am particularly interested in the various ideas for new HQs and other "minor character" options.

Being in the military, despite the fantasy/SciFi setting of 40K, I like it when I can see some parallels to units/tactics we actually use in the real life.

One of the most common (and deadly, historically speaking) weapons we have in the infantry (my Military Occupational Specialty) is the light/medium mortar.

While Astra Militarum have Mortars in their HWTs, I think Astartes would make it into a one man weapon system, so here is my idea for a Primaris mortar unit:

Extinguishers (Gravis Armor, Heavy Support choice)

2-5 Extinguishers -------- WS3+ BS3+ S4 T5 W3 A2 Ld7 Sv3+

1 Extinguisher Sergeant -- WS3+ BS3+ S4 T5 W3 A3 Ld8 Sv3+

WARGEAR:

-Bolt Pistol, Frag/Krak Grenades

-Astartes Mortar -- Two ammo options to choose from when you select them to fire:

(1) Concussion Shell -- 36" Heavy 1 S2 AP0 Dmg1 (May target units not visible to the bearer; any non-vehicle/non-Titanic unit hit by shell has -1 to hit for all attacks until the next friendly Shooting Phase)

(2) Inferno Shell -- 36" Heavy D3 S4 AP-1 Dmg1 (Blast, Ignore Cover, May target units not visible to the bearer)

SPECIAL RULES:

-Angels of Death

-Deliberate Bombardment -- If the entire unit shoots at the same target, then the squad may re-roll any to Wound rolls by the Astartes Mortar against targets with a majority Toughness of 4 or less.

Edited by L30n1d4s

Primaris Maximus - a new and far improved pattern of armour losely inspired by Centurion designs, no longer sacrificing mobility for superior durability and armaments. The product of Cawl's secret labours in the forges of Mars.

M7" WS3+ BS3+ S5 T6 W6 LD7 (Sgt 8) A3 (Sgt 4) SV3+

Unit Cost: 300 points

1 Maximus Sgt, 2 Maximus Troopers. Can take an additional 3 Troopers.

Wargear:

Each model is equipped with an Onslaught Gatling Cannon (slung under arm), 2 Shoulder Mounted Krak/Frag Missile Launchers, 1 Maximus Power Fist

Maximus Power Fist: Str X 2, AP -3, D4

Keywords: Imperium, Adeptus Astartes, Primaris, Maximus Armour, Battle-Suit, Core, Teleport Strike, <Chapter>

Special Rules:

-Maximus Armour - models in this unit reduce the damage received by 1 to a minimum of 1. In addition, models in this unit suffer no penalty to shooting heavy weapons after moving.

-Advanced response Optics - Models in this unit always fire overwatch when declared as the target for a charge, and do so without a CP cost.

-Wide Platform - the unit's considerable size makes it hard to safely teleport into a chaotic Battlefield. This unit's Teleport Strike can only place the unit in the controlling players's Deployment Zone.

This is my idea for a bad ass Primaris unit. I looked at the Sisters Battle Suits for Inspiration, a unit of 3 of those is 240 points and you've all seen their impressive wargear and stats, as well as the fact they are Core and can be buffed to re-roll all hits and all wounds.

Edited by Ishagu

• 2 weeks later...

It's been previously covered by the rules in various states, but I think codifying it as a unit would be cool;

Greyshield Brotherhood

Greyshields fight in mixed genetic units on the way to their parent chapter and often learn from each other along the way, sharing knowledge and such.

Essentially, one PRIMARIS INFANTRY/ BIKER CORE unit could be upgraded to a Greyshield Brotherhood unit.

The special rule would be that they can replace their chapter tactic with any other main or successor tactic. Maybe once per game or for the battle, to show their learnings from fighting alongside other gene-sons for potentially years at a time.

I'd probably envision it as a stratagem rather than a straight up unit. They'd still benefit from buffs from characters, but it would be a fun way to say "Oh these Outriders trained with some sons of Jaghatai" or "These eliminators fought alongside a Raven Guard successor as they were enroute to their parent chapter."

Probably a little abusable in terms of min-maxing, but what isn't?

Also steals a little from the Deathwatch stratagem, but the narrative is similar.

Primaris Attaché

Like an Inquisitor, may be taken as a 0-1 attachment in an Imperial army, taking up no slot.

Equipment and Stats: As Primaris Lieutenant.

Abilities:

Strategic Advisor: Basically a rip-off of the Strategic Coordinator from the GSC Nexos. Allow one unit to redeploy, and regain CP - 6+ to regain a CP, 5+ if he's within 6" of your Warlord (Unlike the Nexos, gets 5+ on either player using CPs, but requires him next to the Warlord).

Basically, he's there to advise non-Astartes on maneouvres etc. Also, we need to do something with all those Primaris Lieutenants we have lying around.

Primaris Oculus (Elites)

Stats: As Apothecary and similar.

Abilities:

Panopticon Array: CHAPTER units within 6" of this model may use the Auspex Scan Stratagem for free (but only once per phase). Chapter units within 6" ignore cover against targets within 18".

This one is basically a guy with a massive auspex.

Primaris Abductors (Elites)

With the return of Roboute Guilliman, an emphasis has been placed on gathering intelligence. One way of doing this is by capturing enemy leaders for questioning or study. They have proven particularly popular with the Deathwatch and the Dark Angels.

Stats: As Reivers. Phobos Armour, as Reivers, options for grappling hooks and grav chutes.

Gear: Shock Mauls, Frag Grenades, Shock Grenades, and Stun Pistols.

Shock Mauls: As Power Mauls.

Stun Pistols: As Heavy Bolt Pistol, but with the added rule - If an enemy unit has been hit by a Stun Pistol, it cannot Fall Back in its next Movement Phase. 

Stratagem: Take him alive! - Basically as per the Space Wolf brain eating stratagem.

Edited by bluntpencil

• 2 weeks later...
Primaris Oppresor 

Inceptor statline 

Unit size 3

Weapon: Reaper Ironhail autocannon: Heavy 6 -1ap D2

Retribution Dreadnought

Redemptor statline

Weapons: 

1 - Heavy Ironhail autocannon 4d3 s7 ap-2 D3

2 - Twin Icarus heavy stubbers 

3 - 2 stormbolters or fragstorm launchers

4 - Redemptor Close combat weapon

Gravis drop pod

Drop pod statline

Transport 6 gravis marines

Weapons twin onslaught gatling cannons or twin heavy bolters

Primaris Exterminators

Gravis statline

Unit size 3

Weapon Onslaught gatling cannon

Special rule: Shoot twice if stationary

Edited by ST.Lazarus

Primaris Pacifiers

Ever since Space Crusade, marines with Gatling guns have looked awesome - but they’ve never properly ade it into 40k. It’s time to fix that.

Essentially these are guys in standard MkX armed with Onslaught Gatling Cannons. They’d be a heavy support choice equivalent to hellblasters but producing dakka instead of plasma.

Potential special rule: “I ain’t got time to bleed”. The unit has a 6+++ due to just somehow pretending that bullet wounds don’t matter.

@ST.Lazarus

For the Drop pod, I’d say Primaris Drop pod, capacity 6, Gravis counts as two models. Keep it in line with the Impulsor.

I’d agree but there still needs to be a way to transport 10 Intercessors into position. Personally I’d prefer a open topped skimmer that would travel with the Primaris Landspeeders as support.

Agreed, an open topped Storm Speeder, maybe call it Storm Speeder Land. Transport 6 Phobos marines, it is less killy, and more disruptive. Lose the turret weapons, add a scrambler like the Land Speeder Storm used to have, and the Infiltrators currently have. Storm Bolters or Tempest Bolters on the Sponsons, and put an upgraded Cerebus Launcher up front that is 18" Assault d6 S4 AP0 D1 Blast, and either -1 to hit or can't set to defend or fire overwatch. Maybe a stratagem for the other with one being stock. Disembark and charge would be great too.

Another thing I want to see, in an elite slot an outrider bike with a chariot style side car, that can transport 1 infantry character that is not Gravis and does not have a jump pack. I mean, if they will not give Korsarro Khan a bike, at least thus is the next best thing. Rules-wise, change infantry to biker for the character, auras work as if not disembarked, can shoot and fight as if not disembarked, +1T for being on a bike, and the driver tanks wounds for the character. Character takes a MW on a 6+ if biker is destroyed if it did not move in the last movement phase, increased to a 4+ if it did move, and d3 on a +4 if it turbo boosted. A stratagem that allows an embarked Captain or Chaplain to extend the 4++ to the driver for a turn would be great too.

Or, if Chaplain on a bike was not a thing, Chaplain on an Invader ATV would be cool. Replace the heavy weapon with a pulpit, and boost the range of his prayers and auras. I mean, I could see a Master of Sanctity going that route.

Also, Gravis Chaplain with Power Fist with attached Bolter and Crozius. Modify the Assault Launchers bit from the Aggressors, and make it a reliquary with voxcasters. This Chaplain should be grim, but loud. Like, qfter the battle, a squad sergeant telling him they couldn't hear their Bolters firing over Chappy preaching, kind of loud. Wouldn't that make a great Interrogator Chaplain?

Then there is my biggest request, a Techmarine, or Master of the Forge, in a custom Warsuit. Lose the stealth and Concealed Positions, put Heavy Bolters or Grav Guns where the stubbers are on the Invictor, replace the grenade launcher on top with one that prevents set to defend and overwatch, or with buffed auto launchers that give the benefit of the strat for a Smokescreen unit to himself and one or two other vehicle units. Put the Plasma weapon from the Redemptor on his gun arm, or VOLKITE, Sidearm options should be a Multimelta or Heavy Flamer, with either sidearm able to be used as a pistol in melee.

Love the idea of a Character on the back of an ATV.

Even though Orks have got there first with the zappy-weirdboy-squig-trukk-amajig I'd still be really impressed with a Librarian on the back of one.

Or a Captain and Lieutenant combo, Double HQ choice with a Khan's Glaive type option on the Captain and the Iron Halo covers the entire model.

For the Techmarine/Invictor crossover giving it an up scaled version of the Servo-Harness would be amazing, Heavy Plasma and Heavy Flamers, plus a bunch of Claw and Mechadendrite attacks in combat then give it some really beefy repair rules.

Rik

Love the idea of a Character on the back of an ATV.

Even though Orks have got there first with the zappy-weirdboy-squig-trukk-amajig I'd still be really impressed with a Librarian on the back of one.

Or a Captain and Lieutenant combo, Double HQ choice with a Khan's Glaive type option on the Captain and the Iron Halo covers the entire model.

For the Techmarine/Invictor crossover giving it an up scaled version of the Servo-Harness would be amazing, Heavy Plasma and Heavy Flamers, plus a bunch of Claw and Mechadendrite attacks in combat then give it some really beefy repair rules.

Rik

Give it repulsor plating instead of legs and we have a recovery vehicle. Send down the mule!

Primaris Expulsors

Vanguard light mortarmen for indirect support when they are up doing their Vanguard thing

Fixed squad of 3, standard Primaris statline. Everyone carries a bolt pistol and some sort of drum fed light mortar.

FRAG - Range 36" - Strength 4 - AP 0 - D2 - Heavy D6 (Does not need LOS)

INCINDIARY - Range 36" - Strength 2 - AP -2 - D1 - Heavy D6/Poisoned 4+ (Does not need LOS)

SPECIAL RULE - Fire For Effect: 1x per battle change the type characteristic of all the units mortars to 'Heavy D3+3'. Immediately after firing this unit suffers D3 mortal wounds (hot tubes)

Concealed Positions: Same as other Phobos units

Primaris Expulsors

Vanguard light mortarmen for indirect support when they are up doing their Vanguard thing

Fixed squad of 3, standard Primaris statline. Everyone carries a bolt pistol and some sort of drum fed light mortar.

FRAG - Range 36" - Strength 4 - AP 0 - D2 - Heavy D6 (Does not need LOS)

INCINDIARY - Range 36" - Strength 2 - AP -2 - D1 - Heavy D6/Poisoned 4+ (Does not need LOS)

SPECIAL RULE - Fire For Effect: 1x per battle change the type characteristic of all the units mortars to 'Heavy D3+3'. Immediately after firing this unit suffers D3 mortal wounds (hot tubes)

Concealed Positions: Same as other Phobos units

A smoke round would be better than incendiary. Hit an enemy unit to impose -1 to hit to their shooting, no overwatch, no set to defend.

Flares would be good too. Hit an enemy unit to make them lose all benefits of cover.

I really want to see an indirect fire weapon on an Impulsor chassis. I want it to be at least S5, and a lot of shots. Balance it, but make 2 enough to put the hurt on mobs of Ork Boys and castled-up Tau. S5 so it wounds all those T5 orks on a 4+.

First, release suppressors multi partkit with las-talon option and an indirect fire option that fires somekind of tremor shell that debuffs movement.

Also because flying infantry, indirect artillery fire will cause all kinds of rage on the internet.

For a totally new unit. An Elite option;

Primaris Breacher Bladeguard Veterans in extremis armour

M Ws bs s t a w ld sv

4 3+ 3+ 5 5 3 4 8. 2+/5++

Armed with siegefist and breacher bolter

1 in 3 may upgrade the breacher bolter to a incendium cannon (tactical warsuit flamer).

Siegefist, melee s×2, ap-3, D:4, -1 to hit.

Breacher bolter

- normal; assault 4, s5, ap-1, d1

- breacher shell; assault 2, s6, ap-2, d3

Special rule: teleport strike, vehicle keyword, -1 damage to minimum of 1.

So basically, a primaris version of terminators and centurions in 1 Packard for 100 points a model ;-).

Edited by Angelus Nex