Beam's Crusade -- Palatine Destroyer Conversion

Beams

So, I wish I could take credit for the Idea, but I went: "Paragons are... disappointing, but my Sacresants were not? It would also be really cool to have something fast, like Zephyrim or Seraphim, to take objectives..." and then when I was talking to my brother about our armies, and how it's kind of lame that they took Calvary (Rough Riders) from Imperial Guard to give to Ad Mech, of all armies?  I was like, "Sisters are basically french knights! Like, if they were going to give Cavalry to anyone, why not the French Knights?" 

So then I looked through the AoS units, until I found one that I liked. At first, I was going to use the Chaos/Slaves to Darkness Chaos Knights but felt they'd take too much work to get rid of the symbols, and that the horses look slightly off? So I kept looking until I found Lumineth Dawn Riders. The Horses are less bullky, more streamlined, and have less spikes and paraphenlia that would have to be shaved off. 

So I googled it to see if anyone else had done it, if it was do able, and it looked like it was. So I went to the store, grabbed a box and started cutting up the pieces. Once the green stuffs dry to connect the torso to the legs, I will start painting these Zeryphim, hopefully I can use them in my next game to replace the very disappointing Paragons, and to help bully some objecives.

20210712 090217 (2)

20210712 090201 (2)

20210712 084455 (2)

Edited by Beams

Heyo!

I think the modelling/conversion is fantastic.  

I'm a bit baffled though as to how you intend to 'force' them into a paragon warsuit.

-Paragon warsuits are 8"...cavalary type stuff tends to be 10-14" of movement.

-The bases you are using are off

-Paragons are T5...I suppose you could say that being on a horse increases T by 2.

-Paragons are W4...kind of a stretch that saddling a horse gives +3 wounds....

-Then the big problem...how do you fit 2 storm bolters and a heavy bolter / heavy flamer / multi-melta onto the horse's rigging?

Heyo!

I think the modelling/conversion is fantastic.  

I'm a bit baffled though as to how you intend to 'force' them into a paragon warsuit.

-Paragon warsuits are 8"...cavalary type stuff tends to be 10-14" of movement.

-The bases you are using are off

-Paragons are T5...I suppose you could say that being on a horse increases T by 2.

-Paragons are W4...kind of a stretch that saddling a horse gives +3 wounds....

-Then the big problem...how do you fit 2 storm bolters and a heavy bolter / heavy flamer / multi-melta onto the horse's rigging?

I'm not?

They are Zeryphim. Power Lance instead of Power Sword, but also swords on their hips, 12" Movement. Only gun is a holstered pistol.

I dislike Paragons greatly. They are to replace the Paragons that I had, because I had a very bad experience with Paragons, and refuse to ever take Paragons ever again.

Edited by Beams

Well then that solves that problem! Carry on!

(Bases might still be a problem though).

Yeah, the bases are a little larger than standard Zephyrim, but if I go any smaller, on bases they will definitely fall over! Since we mostly just play casual games, it shouldn't be an issue, except maybe fitting them in when I deepstrike. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Excellent conversion work there, I hadn' noticed the similarites between the Sororitas and the Frankish knights. Now I am going back over my sisters seeing them with a new eye. Honestly, I think just this bit of conversion work is inspiring me to make a small detachment of Zephyrim/Seraphim cavalry, the Order of the Iron Crown, perhaps? Sticks with the Charlemagne theme...

Although, considering that Charlemagne was the first Holy (Roman) Emperor, and styled himself and what he built after the Roman Empire, perhaps I should just be calling it '40k themed' instead...