Spectrus killteam

I am participating in the GWGT in Orlando coming up in August. And after watching some videos on YouTube and studying the terrain layout It looks like in a lot of games there will be very little shooting turn one unless you have a fast flying unit. So my thought was having the flexibility to use brotherhood of veterans and assault turn one if possible especially against armies that don’t want to be assaulted. I know Admech definitely wants to use all it’s crazy shooting stratagems so if I could charge them turn one through a building where they cannot target me due to line of sight I may delay their advance. My solution is a spectrus squad deployed forward with infiltrators incursors and a couple reivers. Brotherhood of vets and white scars could get them into combat early with advance and charge. The reivers are there for the strat that denies obsec and stops actions. I could even combat squad to have two units. I just wouldn’t get to BOV on one of the units.

Use the Chaplin strat that lets them use litanies later in the turn, stick and 9 vets kitted out with shields and your choice of combat weapon inside and tie him up turn 1, that would be my first choice to really get in his face, take the beacon on the Chaplin and pull something big and scared up field to join in the chaos.

People forget drop pods are a thing, make them pay for that mistake! ;)

If you really, really just want to 1st turn charge do the following.

Advance a primaris chaplain on bike into a central position. Use commanding oratory for +2 charge litany. Give him vox espiritum for 9 inch aura (and his enormous base).

Land 2 drop pods with 2 5man combat squads each of your liking. Probably power swords and some bolters some shields.

7 inch charge them.