New lord release

Dread

So i saw that there will be a lord model released the 24th? I think and available for 9 days after. I really like it but worried about price. $35 ill get him any more ill be out. Just cant justify any more, really hard to justify 35 honestly. Anyhow here is the pic.

W7i-Aa9dxf1x9-EIHg.jpg

What do y'all think about him?

I can honestly say i have enough Necron lords to sink a tombship... this one is pretty average actually, i will be saving my $55 for half a box of models later on down the road...

nice that they're offering him up but i could think of better models to put up for limited run redo's ...

Mithril

Pose is meh, and the staff of light is cool but who takes a Staff of Light on any character except a cryptek, like, ever? 

I like his crown, but like Mithril, I too have far more overlords than I know what to do with--Sarnakh, Kani, Rezak, Chronozak, Trazyn, and that's just what's painted and not counting Szarekh and his subordinates, or my Senor Skorpekh.

I'll probably pass on him, which is a shame since he looks cool, but what can be done, eh?

I'm okay with the sculpt. It's a bit static, but I like the Orb (could be closer to the dynamic action on the Chronomancer glowy globe) and the Staff is good.  I don't like the head at all though. But what I do like is the Orb/Staff is a unique combo. (Although there is an older one that is quite nice).

I just ordered him, hoping I can reposition his head or swap it out.

Please let us know, because that's exactly what I hope to do. (Honestly I may just skip it and go to the start collecting box for that kind of pose, but the 'collector' in me would like this.)

I just ordered him, hoping I can reposition his head or swap it out.

Please let us know, because that's exactly what I hope to do. (Honestly I may just skip it and go to the start collecting box for that kind of pose, but the 'collector' in me would like this.)

One issue is that its going to take 120 days plus to get to me so you may want to order anyway ;)

Having looked at the proper photos on the GW site it's really not my favourite Overlord. I'm passing on this one. I just got the combat patrol, with the old plastic Lord with scythe. He's going to be my Leader, with the scythe bit replaced by a spare Void Dragon head, representing the Voltaic staff.

Having looked at the proper photos on the GW site it's really not my favourite Overlord. I'm passing on this one. I just got the combat patrol, with the old plastic Lord with scythe. He's going to be my Leader, with the scythe bit replaced by a spare Void Dragon head, representing the Voltaic staff.

That is exactly what I was planning. I looked at the 'special' lord, and it looks a bit like those old training models they used to come out with, and I looked at the Combat Patrol box and thought... I would actually use this lord... and the immortals/bikes.

Seeing it on the GW website from a different angle, direct on and it looks awful. This is a hard pass from me.

I'm not sure what's going on with GW really, how did this get through quality control? It's awful.

slightly off topic but going back to your Necron Overlords, what gear are you usually running with them?

I saw someone say they wouldn't take the staff of light, but it's my go-to weapon at the moment for my overlord on foot with the veil of darkness to teleport my warriors where I need them.

So how are you guys running yours?

I’m also looking at voltaic staff and res orb. I’ll probably give the veil to a chronomancer or some other guy. Maybe a royal warden or psychomancer.

I like the voltaic staff because of the Tesla mortal wound strat. An overlord is relatively hard to remove so you ought to be able to keep doing it, and that way you also aren’t putting your Lord too much at risk.