Ork Combat Patrol

Marshal Loss

So 20 boyz, 3 deffcoptas, deffdread, and 2 characters? Thats pretty good

Just one character, right? The mega armoured Warboss.

That's what I am seeing, the other 'character' is the Nob leading the boyz.

Still pretty good.

I think what's throwing people off is that it's two units of 10 with a nob for each, instead of one unit of 20.

Still pretty good.

I think what's throwing people off is that it's two units of 10 with a nob for each, instead of one unit of 20.

Could be - to be fair I had only noticed 1 Nob and through the other was one of the Boyz :S

Depending on the options (if there are any) for the Boss, multiple boxes would even be viable for the startings of a horde with support.

My only concern for the Boyz box is 9 boys and 1 nob. If that's the case they won't scale up well unless people are running M"S"U orks.

Small beans though. I do think though that orks are the only army whereby squad leaders are noticeably different to the rest of the squad

So 20 boyz, 3 deffcoptas, deffdread, and 2 characters? Thats pretty good

Just one character, right? The mega armoured Warboss.

Still pretty good.

Ahhhh now that makes a tonne of sense

If I was starting Orks I think this would be a great box to get. My only concern is that the only other combat patrol with such new models is the sisters one and we haven’t seen even a hint of it’s release whereas the ad mech one (full of old models) was available straight away when the codex dropped. It’s possible they’re delaying any combat patrol boxes with new models in so we could be waiting a while for this Orks one.

My only concern for the Boyz box is 9 boys and 1 nob. If that's the case they won't scale up well unless people are running M"S"U orks.

Small beans though. I do think though that orks are the only army whereby squad leaders are noticeably different to the rest of the squad

I count 20 orks, 2 of which look Nobby in size

Ai but I'm on about the Boyz box itself. As the combat patrol box is you run two mobs of 10 or a mob of 19 - there doesn't seem to be the option of a 10th boy as per the old box.

Buy 4 new Boyz boxes you'll have 36 boys and 4 nobs. Hope that makes sense.

Ya, he's saying that making a squad of 20 is going to be tough since you'll have 2 nobs; the current box has 10 Boyz and 1 nob in comparison.

If I was starting Orks I think this would be a great box to get. My only concern is that the only other combat patrol with such new models is the sisters one and we haven’t seen even a hint of it’s release whereas the ad mech one (full of old models) was available straight away when the codex dropped. It’s possible they’re delaying any combat patrol boxes with new models in so we could be waiting a while for this Orks one.

Wait is the sisters box not available? Grrr, the Ork box isn’t coming for ages is it…

Wait is the sisters box not available? Grrr, the Ork box isn’t coming for ages is it…

Most releases should drop September/ October we'd hope. I'm hoping the combat patrol kits are available separately.

Have sisters got their tank and banner bearer yet?

No tank or banner bearer yet for Sisters. At least not in the US online store.

Likely the combat patrol will come with that then, it’s not like they have released everything and skipped the patrol. Just COVID delays and brexit so hopefully they will catch up one day but we have sisters, thousand sons and grey knights before the rest of orks

That was my worry. It could just be coincidence that the sisters box has newer models in and hasn’t been released yet but they haven’t even previewed it and they had no issues producing and releasing the ad mech one which was released after the sisters dex. It’s probably just tinfoil hat but maybe they don’t want to eat into the savings of people buying newer kits if there’s a bundle available with a saving.

20 boys is good for a starter box but I do hope they still allow mobs of 30 for boyz - not least because I have 120-140 boyz already (depending on how I build some of the pile of shame) so smaller mob sizes would affect list building.

IIRC the beast snagga boyz (cant remember the name) article comparing to boyz specifically said something about only letting these have up to 20 in a mob so there could be hope for this. The only issue I see is the eventual Boyz release will just be 10 models vs the current which has 11 (I've tended to use the Nobz legs to make more lootas/burnas/heavy shootas etc). Not the end of the world.

20 boys is good for a starter box but I do hope they still allow mobs of 30 for boyz - not least because I have 120-140 boyz already (depending on how I build some of the pile of shame) so smaller mob sizes would affect list building.

IIRC the beast snagga boyz (cant remember the name) article comparing to boyz specifically said something about only letting these have up to 20 in a mob so there could be hope for this. The only issue I see is the eventual Boyz release will just be 10 models vs the current which has 11 (I've tended to use the Nobz legs to make more lootas/burnas/heavy shootas etc). Not the end of the world.

From the Troops section of the actual codex: Snagga Boyz are 10-20, regular Boyz are 10-30, Gretchin are 10-30.

From what I remember, the Necron combat patrol took a while to be released after the book came out. That didn't include any new models. It came out at the same time as the marine one, which is the old vanguard stuff plus an impulsor.

So basically I don't think there's any pattern. Combat patrols tend to come out with their codex but sometimes don't. I guess the examples of ones that haven't come with the codex have been from before they decided to do CPs (marines and crons) and the sisters, which there's no good explanation for.

I do hope the Warboss in the box comes with more options than just the axe; I always liked the look of a Power Claw and Big Shoota.

Just the axe on his profile so it looks like there’s only that in the kit, sadly.

I do hope the Warboss in the box comes with more options than just the axe; I always liked the look of a Power Claw and Big Shoota.

Just the axe on his profile so it looks like there’s only that in the kit, sadly.

Very unfortunate. Though the quality of character models is great these days, their lack of options regarding their equipment is troubling.

Ya, he's saying that making a squad of 20 is going to be tough since you'll have 2 nobs; the current box has 10 Boyz and 1 nob in comparison.

Could be like the beast snaggas boyz, where one model can be made as a nob or a standard ork.