Ork Combat Patrol

Marshal Loss

Death Koptas seem to be about the same size as the Assault on Black Reach ones. Rotars are the same length but some extra gubbins stick out.

It's a nitpick when they were completely different? One came with pushfit/easy build model variants and both a starting scenario and complete rules for the game; clearly targeted at people new to the hobby as a whole.

If the combat patrol/start collecting really were these starting points for brand new hobbyists thats being claimed, why aren't the marine ones filled with the dark imperium and easy to build kits? Why not have the easy to build plague marines in the death guard one?

Its nitpicking to start an argument based on precise word usage, doesn't matter if you're correct or whatever its still bad faith in a casual thread where no one has been told to be careful with words.

The combat patrols and start collecting boxes are inconsistant, that's all there is to it. Most of them have full kits but are for factions that don't have full kits. There are two kinds of marine combat patrols, the regular one which is mono-pose and the chapter specific ones that need to be compatable with upgrade frames so there's no standard being broken by the Ork one.

Orks have always been a beginner army so it makes sense for them to get this kit. It should just have been priced lower.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

I got the New Ork Codex the other day and noticed they had put a whole page in there with the Combat patrol box (weird to see as it's practically an advert for the box) and explaining how it's a good start to an Ork army etc... I think this box is solely meant as a start collecting box but it's simply called Combat patrol box instead...

Mithril 

I got the New Ork Codex the other day and noticed they had put a whole page in there with the Combat patrol box (weird to see as it's practically an advert for the box) and explaining how it's a good start to an Ork army etc... I think this box is solely meant as a start collecting box but it's simply called Combat patrol box instead...

Mithril

The new combat patrol boxes replaced the start collecting boxes ;)

Mithril

The new combat patrol boxes replaced the start collecting boxes :wink:

I agree, Hence my thoughts, it would be an obvious conclusion to see easy to assemble and single load out options on a start collecting box to ease the confusion of "what to build"... for beginners and veterans alike :sweat: 

Mithril 

I picked up my combat patrol and I was thinking back to that animated video and the Boy with the shoulder mounted big shoota. Maybe there IS a new multipart kit coming somewhere down the road and he’s in that?

Unlikely I know and I’m probably clutching at straws but it’s possible…

• 2 months later...

From Dave C on Dakka:

The combat patrol gets separate releases on the 8th of January 

Warboss Mega Armour £23.50 
Deffkoptas £36.50 
Ork Boyz £29

Wasn't expecting that. It does change my thinking on the Ork Battleforce as I didn't want too many of the new mono boyz but wanted some more Deffkoptas. Hmmm.

From Dave C on Dakka:

Deffkoptas £36.50 
Ork Boyz £29

Wasn't expecting that. It does change my thinking on the Ork Battleforce as I didn't want too many of the new mono boyz but wanted some more Deffkoptas. Hmmm.

Likewise, i wanted some more Deffkopta's as well but didn't want those extra monopOrk's ...

Tempted to get another Mega armoured warboss :wub:  that's one Cool model...

Mithril  

From Dave C on Dakka:

Deffkoptas £36.50

Ork Boyz £29

Likewise, i wanted some more Deffkopta's as well but didn't want those extra monopOrk's ...

Tempted to get another Mega armoured warboss :wub: that's one Cool model...

Mithril

Aye, he’s great. Was thinking of making a mean big Mek out of one but I guess the base size is wrong and a KFF would get an advantage from that.