Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ork Combat Patrol

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 817 posts

I got mine today and I have to say the mould lines are so miniscule it's fantastic. Great addition to the regular ladz!

I was sceptical at first like many, but opening the box has made me rethink. Add a couple of regular boyz boxes to this will create some awesome looking uints.
  • Mandragola likes this

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,645 posts
  • Faction: 40k - Orks & Deldar

I haven't got my box yet, I hope someone that paints em up might like to post a pic of them next to a unit of "Old Boyz" so we can see how well they'll blend in ... happy to hear about low levels of Mould lines sweat.gif

Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,904 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Death Koptas seem to be about the same size as the Assault on Black Reach ones. Rotars are the same length but some extra gubbins stick out.

It's a nitpick when they were completely different? One came with pushfit/easy build model variants and both a starting scenario and complete rules for the game; clearly targeted at people new to the hobby as a whole.

If the combat patrol/start collecting really were these starting points for brand new hobbyists thats being claimed, why aren't the marine ones filled with the dark imperium and easy to build kits? Why not have the easy to build plague marines in the death guard one?

Its nitpicking to start an argument based on precise word usage, doesn't matter if you're correct or whatever its still bad faith in a casual thread where no one has been told to be careful with words.

The combat patrols and start collecting boxes are inconsistant, that's all there is to it. Most of them have full kits but are for factions that don't have full kits. There are two kinds of marine combat patrols, the regular one which is mono-pose and the chapter specific ones that need to be compatable with upgrade frames so there's no standard being broken by the Ork one.

Orks have always been a beginner army so it makes sense for them to get this kit. It should just have been priced lower.

Edited by Closet Skeleton, 14 September 2021 - 10:06 AM.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,645 posts

I got the New Ork Codex the other day and noticed they had put a whole page in there with the Combat patrol box (weird to see as it's practically an advert for the box) and explaining how it's a good start to an Ork army etc... I think this box is solely meant as a start collecting box but it's simply called Combat patrol box instead...

Mithril 

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,788 posts

I got the New Ork Codex the other day and noticed they had put a whole page in there with the Combat patrol box (weird to see as it's practically an advert for the box) and explaining how it's a good start to an Ork army etc... I think this box is solely meant as a start collecting box but it's simply called Combat patrol box instead...

Mithril

The new combat patrol boxes replaced the start collecting boxes ;)
  • mithrilforge likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,645 posts

Mithril

The new combat patrol boxes replaced the start collecting boxes msn-wink.gif

I agree, Hence my thoughts, it would be an obvious conclusion to see easy to assemble and single load out options on a start collecting box to ease the confusion of "what to build"... for beginners and veterans alike sweat.gif 

Mithril 

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,401 posts
I picked up my combat patrol and I was thinking back to that animated video and the Boy with the shoulder mounted big shoota. Maybe there IS a new multipart kit coming somewhere down the road and he’s in that?

Unlikely I know and I’m probably clutching at straws but it’s possible…

Dumah

Dumah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 705 posts
You could always kitbash it!

I write things:

What Chapter Am I: A Fan Fiction Guessing Game

The Squiggly Beast that Could

Orks Iz Best

Beakiez iz okay, too...

2 user(s) are reading this topic