I'm Michael and new to the Forum, playing Horus Heresy since book three though - thats when mah Raven-Boys saw the light of day! =]
There's an event comin up at the end of the year and i'd like to know your opinion about my universal list, that i'm planning to field.
The Event has certain "rules" for listbuilding, but most of them are irrelevant for my RG, except - No Relics and AA can only be taken by ICs, so no Artificer-Sergeants (except the ones that already come with it, like the Chooser of the Dark Furys).
Please tell me what you think =]
Raven Guard 2500 pts (Decapitation Strike)
- Preator with Artificer Armor, JumpPack, Paragon-Blade, Digital Lasers (goes with the Destroyers)- 185pts
- Apothecary, JumpPack (goes with the Dark Furies) - 60pts
- Destroyer Squad (10), JumpPacks, 2 Rad-Missile Launchers, Sergeant with Power Fist - 295pts
- Veteran Tactical Squad (10), Drop Pod, 4 Combi-Meltas, Meltagun, Melta Bombs, 2 Power Axes, Sergeant with Combi-Melta and Raven's Talon - 330pts
- Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought, 2 Kheres Assault Cannons - 180pts
- Legion Tactical Squad (10), Drop Pod, Aditional Wargear, Sergeant with Power Fist - 195pts
- Legion Assault Squad (10), Melta Bombs, 2 Power Axes, Sergeant with Raven's Talons - 275pts
- Dark Fury Assault Squad (8) - 265pts
- Seeker Squad (7), 7 Combi-Plasma, Land Raider Proteus (Dedicated Transport), Dozer Blade - 435pts
- Leviathan Siege Dreadnought, Leviathan Storm Cannon, 2 Heavy Flamer, Siege Claw - 280pts
I've had a few games with this list and so far it worked pretty well even with my Sergeants being "inferior" to the ones from my opponent.
Only thing that i'm not 100% happy with is the Veteran Tactical Squad... It does pull his weight in every game, but i dont like it being this expensive vor one-wound (DropPodding) 3+ save guys =/ although thes are pulling a lot of enemy fire from my jumpers in general. Maybe i just drop the 2 axes... but they worked so good against Terminators... aaargh xD
One thing i don't want to change is the Tactical Squad - i like it that way. =]
Best regards and greetings from germany,
Edited by MichaelCarmine, 22 July 2021 - 01:17 PM.