Collector planning to start playing once the pandemic abates

I'm planning to build my army around what models I have:

1 Typhus

1 Daemon Prince w/wings & hellforged sword

1 Malignant Plaguecaster

1 Plague Marines !>7 incl one champion with daemonic blade & plasma pistol, 1 blight launcher, 1 icon bearer, 3-4 bolter & plague knife, {1 2 plague knives}

5 Blightlord Terminators 1 with reaper autocannon

1 Helbrute w/reaper autocannon & Thunder Hammer

20 X Poxwalkers

1 Miasmic Malignifier

Thoughts?

Id suggest a battalion, and a fortification network detachment for getting that all in. Split the poxwalkers into 2 units of 10, everything else remains the same.

If you want to expand from that, I'd suggest seeing if you can find the easy to build plague marines to make what you have into two 5 man squads, that way, you can run the list above with the poxwalkers as one large unit. More blightlords, building 2 as flails (only one flail in the kit I think so you'd have to use the spare part from your current kit for the other) to make a ten man squad would be a good unit I think.

Welcome to the gaming side :thumbsup: I can't offer much help as I don't play Death Guard, but there are plenty of others who do that can help :thumbsup: It looks like you have a good core to an army so you should be able to get something workable, but much depends on other factors such as how you might like to play or what your regular opponents could be :smile.:

Hi and welcome to the forums - though you've been here a while you've not posted much, so that's pretty new! 

Nice collection so far, it'll be great to see them on the table. I'd suggest starting with small forces of roughly 25-35 Power Level until you get a hold of the rules and the game. One of the new players in my club has started DG and is finding a lot to remember with the massive amount of special rules etc. 

Pop on over to the Death Guard Section of the forum to get more advice on army building, including how to get the most out of various units in the Unit of the Week series, and post some pics of your army!

• 3 weeks later...