Where to start with Skitarii?

So, I'm just thinking of starting to get in to the Adeptus Mechanicus focusing more on the Skitarii side of things.

What would be a good way to start developing one's collection?

Also what would one likely want to work with Kill Team?  I know the specific new Kill Team information isn't out yet, but some of it will likely be influenced by what is available now.

Skitarii core troops are pretty easy to get your hands on and you will want a healthy number, then we got sydonian knights ( of both flavours) great minis and points but the $$$ price tag is... less then great. Some flavour of sicarians to add some choppy and a hq be it skitarii marshal who is both great rules wise but also super easy to convert or a tech priest of some flavour. Add in a transport and a dunewalker or two and you got yourself an army. After that we you can look at the riders or the pteraxii to expand your collection, tho again the $ to point ratio makes then not great to start with. 

Personally i would go with 3x box of skitarii, 1x dune walker, 1x sicarans, 2x dragoons as a solid all around start.