Waaagh! Good Gork, yeah!

dice4thedicegod

Another couple of squigboyz done! Just 4 more squigboyz and mozgrod skragbad and it’ll be time for the charge of the squigbrigade!

Boomas to right of them,

Boomas to left of them,

Boomas in front of them

Volleyed and thundered;

Stormed at with shot and shell,

Boldly they rode and well,

Into the jaws of Death,

Into the mouth of hell

Rode the squig hundred.

Flashed all their choppas bare,

Flashed as they turned in air

Sabring the gitz there,

Charging an army, waaagh!

All the world wondered.

Plunged in the battery-smoke

Right through the line they broke;

Vostroyan and Valhallan

Reeled from the choppa stroke

Shattered and sundered.

Then they rode back, but not

Not the squig hundred.

1121633_sm-.jpeg

Thinking about finally taking them out for a 1000 point spin on the weekend. Thinking (CP is for humiez who think too much):

Snakebites patrol and outrider to bring:

1cp

Mozgrod (warlord)

Painboss (big gob) grot orderly

Big Mek in mega armor (ded shiny shoota) and tellyporta blasta

10 Boyz

5 kommandos

Megatrak scrapjet

3 squigboyz

3 squigboyz

Nob on smasha squig

Killrig (spicy gitbonez), squiggly frazzle.

Keep it simple for the first time !

Very Nice,

your force is rocketing along at a speed freaks pace :laugh.:  which is very appropriate...

down the road i may end up getting some of those Squig Boyz, they look pretty cool and would make for some great Klan colour matching (if your into that sorta thing :yes:

Cheers, Mithril

Ha ha - having a game in sight is good motivation to get the paint krumpin!

On which note, this painboss could probably use some blood spatter and details but he’s ready for the table!

1122228_sm-.jpeg

What is the green recipe used here?
Just astra militarum green contrast- nothing fancy!

(Over white primer)

Edited by dice4thedicegod

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m wondering about adding a deft dread or two… probably all klaws! Anyone used them? Seem pretty good for 85 points!

They are my favorite model and I always include a unit of 3 in every list no matter what. I build them 2x Klaw 2x Skorcha for all purpose. Gives them 5 attacks and 2d6 auto hitting flamer attacks.

I’m wondering about adding a deft dread or two… probably all klaws! Anyone used them? Seem pretty good for 85 points!

They are my favorite model and I always include a unit of 3 in every list no matter what. I build them 2x Klaw 2x Skorcha for all purpose. Gives them 5 attacks and 2d6 auto hitting flamer attacks.

Gotta agree, it's loads of fun to tinker with Deff Dreads and Killa Kans.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

WoW You came back with a BANG!!  Awesome looking Stompa, I was thinking of putting mine together and painting it for the Call To Arms Paint Challenge (July 1st is the kick off)

Q- How hard was he to put together !?... i checked my instructions when i got mine (nothing is numbered in it :ohmy: I eventually found someone had posted the instructions on reddit with a whole  Number  list written on it. 

The second Pic shows the red really nicely :thumbsup: Is it red contrast??.. 

Cheers, M    

13 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

WoW You came back with a BANG!!  Awesome looking Stompa, I was thinking of putting mine together and painting it for the Call To Arms Paint Challenge (July 1st is the kick off)

Q- How hard was he to put together !?... i checked my instructions when i got mine (nothing is numbered in it :ohmy: I eventually found someone had posted the instructions on reddit with a whole  Number  list written on it. 

The second Pic shows the red really nicely :thumbsup: Is it red contrast??.. 

Cheers, M    

Thanks!   It was a pretty easy kitty to assemble (with the numbered instructions from reddit:) ).    The only thing I ended up wishing I’d maybe done, was paint in subassembly… not because of any hard to reach spots but because it’s so big and heavy that I felt like the primer would wear off from me holding it (as there’s no base, I just grabbed the feet).

There’s a bit of red contrast on the weapons but the huge skull on the belly is army painter dragon red spray, with some highlighting and agrax wash.

another good thing about the stompa - lots of bits.  I’m orkyfying my battlewagon with them (WIP):

C0C0EFE7-97A6-440A-A031-7CE57393A2BE.jpeg