Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Genestealer Cult as Rebels...not alien hyrbids

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,391 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

The concept of this came from one of Auspex Tactics videos where he had ran a poll about various factions and one faction that popped up was the genestealer cult where he mentions "they feel more like just some rebel forces than a xenos cult uprising" or something to that affect.

Got me thinking, how far could you go with that? I mean, Neophytes are easy by all accounts really but other units become a bit more challenging. The idea being is to represent a force of rebels who may be organised and have resources but don't exactly have the resources that they coherently need except for the more skilled and elite fighters among them.

Would also give a cool reason to make a Revolver Ocelot stand-in model for the Kellermorph; he does juggle 3 guns after all!

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,189 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

You could probably fluff around including an Acolyte or Aberrant unit by converting them into 'plain' ol' Mutants, since most worlds have them as an extremely oppressed underclass who'd be ripe to rebel.

After those the only model you'd really struggle to find a place for is the Patriarch.

Everything else can be easily painted/proxied as normal humans.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 31 July 2021 - 02:33 AM.

gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts

You could probably fluff around including an Acolyte or Aberrant unit by converting them into 'plain' ol' Mutants, since most worlds have them as an extremely oppressed underclass who'd be ripe to rebel.

After those the only model you'd really struggle to find a place for is the Patriarch.

Everything else can be easily painted/proxied as normal humans.

Patriarch and purestrains. Proxied models can suffice for them.

Agree on the rest.

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

Rogue

Rogue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 958 posts
  • Faction: Red Brotherhood and Gorgons
Could you do something with various Necromunda factions and Guard variants? Like, Goliaths or Catachans as aberrants, Eschers as acolytes, that sort of thing.
  • N1SB likes this

sml_gallery_48988_15094_12010.png sml_gallery_48988_16024_10350.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_13535.png ETL_Medal_02.gif gallery_48988_15465_5689.png ETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gif

Painted this year: jackal alphus, kellermorph, hypermorph, three jackals, five acolytes, ten neophytes; gravis captain

I have a very small Cult/math-hammer blog here: https://redbrotherho...ixsite.com/cult

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,120 posts

Yea, fully possible to just have them as regular disgruntled miners. Just don't use patriarch, purestrains or aberrants. Maybe not the biophagus etc., unless you want a real scum and villany uprising, then as mentioned above the aberrants would be great mutant workers. 

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pnggallery_58096_13272_2704.jpg

Xenos XX\

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users