Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big Mek Skraphide's Klankas - A Crusade Journal

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

tentagil

tentagil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts

Started a crusade force with the new codex and I ran this list against my buddies Death Guard on Saturday. It was a blast and I am so looking forward to more games with my Orks.

BigMek Skraphide's Klankas

Combat Patrol - 50 PL

BigMek in Mega Armour - 6 PL

- Kustom Mega-Blasta

- Power Klaw

- Kustom Force Field

Knarg's Boyz - 5 PL

Boss Nob

- Power Klaw

9 Slugga Boyz

Scrak's Boyz - 5 PL

Beast Sangga Nob

9 Beastsnaga Boyz

Da Grots - 2 PL

10 Grots

Skraphide's Dread Mob - 18 PL

3 x Deff Dreads

-2 x Dread Klaw

-2 x Skorcha

Brika's Kanz - 7

3 x Killa Kans

-Rokkit Launcha

Braka's Kanz - 7

3 x Killa Kans

-Rokkit Launcha

Put the Dreads in the Tellyporta so I could drop them in on Turn 2.

He was running:

Lord of Contagion

Malignant Plaguecaster

9 Plague Marines

20 Poxwalkers

10 Cultists

3 Bloat Drones

He kept his Drones in Reserve as well.

Was a recon mission, First round was uneventful as we had dense enough terrain that we were both able to move forward and stay mostly in cover. I advanced Brika's kanz up to the middle of the board and got the Boyz and Beast Snaggas on some objectives to score the following round. Grots followed one set of boyz to hold the objective once they moved on. He moved his warlord and psyker forward wrapped in a blob of poxwalkers on to an objective. His plague marines and cultits moved did the same to another objectic, essentially mirroring my boyz and grots.

Orks V Death Guard Battle Field 7/30/21

Round 2 the fireworks started. I moved Brika's Kanz forward and then dropped the Dreads into his backfield. Between the Dreads skorchas and the Rokkits from the Kanz, I wipped the Pox Walkers off the board, and then charged in with the Dreads, 1 of them making it to engagement range. Took out his Lord of Contagion with a flurry of Dread Klaws. He followed that by smiting one Dread and nearly killing it in shooting from the Marines. They finished it off on the charge that followed.

Dread over Lord of Contagion

Round Three I started moving boyz foward, leaving grots to babysit an objective, with the terrain they were nearly completely hidden from site by the terrain. Got the second 2 Dreads into combat, and whiffed his attacks badly. He killed the second Dread in combat, but I managed to kill 4 marines as well. Then he dropped the 2 Drones into my backfield and thankfully failed most of the shots at my boyz and Big Mek, thanks to that handy dandy KFF. The third drone dropped near the Dread/Marine fight.

Dread takes on Plague Marines

Round Four the boyz and beast snaggas turned around and went for the Drones, pistols got lucky and did a wound each. And Braka's Kanz nearly wipped one Drone. Then Brika's Kanz charged into the Marines fight, the boyz the Snaggas charged a Drone each, and the kanz tried by failed their charge. I ended up losing the third Dread and two Kanz, but also wiped the Marines, The Beast Snaggas knocked their drone down to 1 wound, the boyz didn't do as good, but the Nob put some wounds on. When he turned around to fight he managed to slaughter the boyz, but the Beast Snaggas killed their drone and consolidated onto the second.

Boyz vs Drone

Round Five saw the Beast SNaggas and Braka's Kanz wipe the second drone, and the last of Bricka's Kanz got locked into a fight with the third Drone, doing some serious damage to it.

Game ended 40-25 in the Boyz favor.

Ramshackle, the boost to toughness 5 on the boyz, and the Str 5 and invul on Snaggas all played a part in winning this for me as my guys stayed around long enough to get things done. I also had some lucky roles and dropping three Dreads into his backfield as the Kanz moved up was like a hammer and anvil that allowed me to do some crippling damage to his army very early in the match and then contested an objective the entire game. Da Grots did their job and held an objective the whole game, while my Big Mek didn't do much other then offer the protection of his KFF for a single round and sit on another objective.

All in all it was a fairly close and really fun games. With the orks actually proving to be pretty scary and surprisingly killy against and army that is notoriously hard to kill. Next match will likely be against Sisters with Celestine and lots of flamers. So we will see how that goes for me.

Edited by tentagil, 02 August 2021 - 07:18 PM.

• toaae and Triszin like this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,475 posts
Great report and great pics. Congratulations!

Are you starting at 50 power and escalating from there? We started at 25 and went up 25 per month. I struggled at 50 lol
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,510 posts
Great report! I’m building towards a Crusade Waaagh but want some of the unreleased models, so will be a while before I hit the table. So will be following your progress with great interest!

Can’t wait to hear about the Sisters battle as they’ll be my primary foe (as that’s the army my mate is building for Crusade).

Looking for a replacement Storm Speeder GW flight stem - please PM me.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_48988_15151_867.png

tentagil

tentagil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts

Great report and great pics. Congratulations!

Are you starting at 50 power and escalating from there? We started at 25 and went up 25 per month. I struggled at 50 lol

The crusade started a few months ago at 25, I just didn't join until now. They offered to let me start at 25, but I've been playing orks for years so had plenty of models to jump right into a 50 game. We will probaly stay at 50 for another few months as well as most of us are only gettin in like 2 games a month if we are lucky.

This list is a little gimmicky, since its relying so much on the Dreads and Kanz to get work done. Against an army with more anti tank weapons it wouldn't do as well. I plan on adding more boyz to my order of battle after my next game so I have to versatility to switch between hoards of boyz or walkers depending on the opponent. Then I'm looking at adding bikes and buggies in the long term. I actually ran these guys as Evil Sunz for the extra movement and I want access to their relic.

tentagil

tentagil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts

Work has been a little crazy, so haven't gotten another game in yet, but started assembling my Beastsnaggas and have also started on an actual model for Big Mek Skraphide. (i proxied an old warboss for my last game).

Combinging bits from the Ambot kit and the Mega Nobz kit. Along with greenstuff and other spare bits from my box.

Big Mek WIP

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to mount the Kustom Force Field. May just need to add some additional plating to the back to create a mounting spot. I may also go ahead and build additional guns for him as the Mega Nob arms have a really decent friction hold with the peg system it uses.

Edited by tentagil, 13 August 2021 - 03:53 PM.

• Dumah and Malakithe like this

tentagil

tentagil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts
Mek completely assembled and primed in gun metal so I can hopefully start painting him later this week.

Big Mek

Then a primed Beastsnagga for scale
Big Mek scale

tentagil

tentagil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts

Life went in a direction that didn't allow for much 40k in the last few months. But finally trying to get back into it. Along with the list in the first post I've started working on a second list looking at the speed mob rules that came out last year. Its not the most opimum list, but I've using what I've got and looks like it should be fun to race around the table with.

Combat Patrol - 50PL

Outrider Detachment

Evil Sunz

Speed Freeks Speed Mob

HQ

Defkilla Wartrike - Rezmekka's Redder Armor, Shokka Hull, Roadkilla

Fast Attack

Warbikers 6x + Boss Nob w/ Powerklaw

Warbikers 6x + Boss Nob w/ Powerklaw

Kustom Boosta Blastas

Megatrakk Scrapjet

Rukkatrukk Squigbuggie

Skokkjump Dragsta

The amped up wartrike should be scary and will likely be used as a character hunter. Plowing into things, does mortal wounds, attacks first, and then does more mortal wounds after the opponent attacks. He's going to end up doing an average of 2 mortal wounds on a charge, and if he doesn't kill his target on his attack he will do an average of 2 more after they get their hits in. And between Big Red Button and the Redder Armor, nothing is going to outrun him.

The bikers are running around objective secured to grab objectives as well as blasting things from range. With the Boss Nobs in there if they need to hit something hard on a charge.

Then all the buggies will just cause havoc and go after targets of oppurtunity. The Squigbuggies indirect fire is going to be fun hiding behind terrain and raining down squishy squiggly death. The others will all do their thing and I will cross my fingers for lots of explosions.

Between ramshackle, smoke cloud, and the 5+ inv everything is getting from Adrenaline Junkie, the majority of the army is going to be hard to fricken kill. And I can likely be ontop/engaged with anything I want turn 1.

• Malakithe likes this

tentagil

tentagil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts

Finally got around to painting Big Mek Skraphide. I figured black because he's ded 'ard, and red in the hopes he can go fasta. Equipped with Powerklaw and a Kustom Mega Blasta, with the option of the Kustom Force Field. My original plan had been to give him swappable weapons, but I found the paint scrapping too annoying so they are glued on.

BigMekPwrArm

• andes likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users