AT Battlescribe

Does anyone have a clue what's going on with the AT Battlescribe data file?

I was getting a bit frustrated with it today, as it's not been updated since March. Which means all of the Loyalist Legios updates are missing.

So I went on a bit of a dive and discovered that none of the developers appear to have done anything on it since April, when the primary two developers formulated a list of tasks which Loyalist Legios brought about. But nothing appears to have happened since then.

Another one of the things slated for work before they stopped appears to be an inclusion of the custom legio rules from DoR, but again. Nothing.

Some of the editors for BS hang out on B&C but i think they generally congregate around github? (not really sure what that is tbh though :D )  mostly coming from one of the Heresy guys who used to be prolific round these parts. 

Id guess as they are all volunteers that they just got distracted or lost interest for some other reason? 

I've been looking around Github, and it's a bit like the marie celeste, it was all go, and then nothing. 

It appears that one of the last things to happen was someone new joined, did a big edit, and in particular removed all of the code for the 'Show Structure' stuff. (A change I personally agree with, I hate the structure thing.)

This appears to have caused a bit of friction, and the lead dev reinstated it all, there was then a bit of fiddling with households, and the Warmaster data was copied from the War Com articles I think. Then. nothing. (https://gitter.im/BSData/adeptus-titanicus?utm_source=badge&utm_medium=badge&utm_campaign=pr-badge&utm_content=badge)

Urgh yeah the structure thing in BS is annoying as hell, does not surprise me there is some drama there, at least one of the writers for AT makes really awkward lists, thankfully with a small number of units i just point out all my titans once and slot em together, partially because i track their records but more than a little because BS sucks for AT.

I think BS will become more important as things like Titerminal disappear. They announced a shutdown last week over the IP issue, although that can't be the issue here as they shut up shop months ago.

It's just really weird to follow, there's loads of bug reports unanswered, enhancements drafted, but not being progressed.

It's all volunteer based so it just looks like no one is actively maintaining it now, either they don't have the time or the motivation anymore. Basically anyone can join and propose changes but really should start with small stuff as an introduction and work through it. I was thinking of putting work in to it but right now any spare time I have goes in to hobby time making an AT army.

Data file development chat has moved from Gitter to discord for most stuff, you might get more of a response there but it looks like AT chat has been basically dead since April/March on discord as well.

I think BS will become more important as things like Titerminal disappear.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that they had had a cease and desist. Was that the issue, do you know? I had actually seen something similar stated about Battlescribe on the AT Facebook, but didn't know if it was true. My understanding is that Battlescribe cover a lot more than just AT in terms of GW, so if they had had a C&D that would presumably cover more than just AT?

They haven't. The developer team for the AT file have just stopped, back in March. There's nothing wrong with Battlescribe, or the othe data teams. It's just AT.

Titan Data Sheets have voluntarily pulled their app in response to the Gw guidance, and are making approaches to be licensed

An update. I kept digging around this, and ended up getting an invite into the Battlescribe Discord.

It appears that the guy who tried to update the Repo back in January/February and deleted all of the structure point stuff, only for the main developer to roll it all back, has spent the intervening period trying to wrest control for the development.

There's been a recent coup, and the old dev has been ousted. With him gone updates can begin again, and there may be a new file within days.

Great news, i went to use BS the other day for a list as i was away from my records and had obviously "updated" to the reverted version which was a huge backwards step back to barely useful. Especially as our group is doing a campaign weekend in September so i suspect a flurry of BS use is coming :D 

The Repo has been updated and is in the wild! I understand it has been brought almost up to date with the Loyalist legio rules, but not Crusade Legios as far as I can see, nor wargear. The strats look ok at first pass, but there are some bugs.

If you find a bug, report it, so it can be fixed!