Disgustingly Resilient

Iron Sage

I would be ok if they would gave Poxwalkers back a 5+++ or dropped their cost. A 1 point reduction would give me another Deathshroud, fair trade to me anyway.

The way I look at the new DR vs the “classic” DR is this, sure it doesn’t help against 1D weapons, but it takes at least twice as many shots. Usually 1D weapons have 0 or -1AP, which means we’re are surviving most shots or lose a couple models, better odds then a 5+++. On top of that, they can survive a lascannon shot, win-win, I mean theyre shootings that at a PM, go for it.

Don’t get me a wrong, I liked those times DR swung a game, but now we can play on “averages” rather then “luck”. And with all the OP codecies coming out, we can play more strategically and that’s how I like to play.

Besides the Poxwalkers the only thing I want changed is MBHs be cheaper and maybe a spewer on a winged DP, I’m super cereal about that, are they worried a spewer is that big of a game changer?

What??? Poxwalkers are insane. They should probably go up in points not down lol

It’s insane that I have to bring other (non-HQ) units in my army to even field them, so I am forced to spend points on units I may not want. I don’t believe anything in the entire game moves slower then Poxwalkers nor have a worse armor save. They have no shooting and can only preform one action that takes up one of three secondaries to even use. That one secondary is only useful in a few missions, so during a tournament will not be chosen very often.

There are a couple advantages to them like never having to take a moral test, which is quite handy, if there are any left. Then if they get into combat they can bring some back or spend CP to get a few back. If we spend some CP and/or choose a specific company they do get better.

All in all we are taxed heavily to bring at best a mediocre unit, seriously compare them to guardsmen. A guardsmen cost roughly the same points, can shoot (or shoot twice), move further ( and move move move), perform actions, better save (and take cover), able to become fearless, etc. Advantage clearly goes to the guardsmen, again for roughly the same points cost.

So to me, a reduction in cost or a 5+++ seems reasonable. Now thinking about it, a higher morale would be nice too so they are not as acceptable to leadership based actions, they are mindless after all.

There is zero chance poxwalkers go down in points.  They are very good for being only 5ppm.  Removing 20 obsec and fearless models at T4 (and can be buffed to T5!) with a 6 fnp and multiple ways to bring them back is no easy feat for most armies.  They're one of the best units in the entire codex.  I would gladly take them instead of guardsmen if I could with my IG.

I know they are not going to be changed, I’m just saying their current FNP doesn’t make up for the new DR rule. They didn’t get the damage reduction rule and still got their FNP changed to a 6+++, doesn’t feel right game wise. I think they should have kept their 5+++ and they would be a better unit for their cost.

I played against the new GK yesterday, lost by 1 point, could've won by 2 if I wasn't greedy. But when you seen 7 BLs evaporate in 1 psychic phase, you REAAALLY start to miss the classic DR, especially since your opponent now gets it instead (in a way). Edited by Balerion84

I played against the new GK yesterday, lost by 1 point, could've won by 2 if I wasn't greedy. But when you seen 7 BLs evaporate in 1 psychic phase, you REAAALLY start to miss the classic DR, especially since your opponent now gets it instead (in a way).

Sounds like it's time for my DG to become proxy GKs :teehee: