Quick question regarding Liber Astartes/Index Astartes

I'm very new to B&C, though I know the general swing of things, and I had a question:

I plan to expand the lore and info of the official White Templars space marine chapter, as I find them interesting and we know very little about them, but I'm not sure if I would be able to post such expansion(s) as an Index Astartes post, as that section of B&C is dedicated to homebrew chapters, not official ones. (I would format it very similarly to a homebrew chapter post)
So, would that be against the rules/guidelines of Index Astartes?

If this is is already answered somewhere else, then I apologize for not finding it.

As long as it's your own writing and lore, you'd be 100% welcome in the Liber Astartes section, even if it's an expansion on an official chapter - over the years there have been several similar projects (for other chapters) both on an individual and group basis

Looking forward to seeing your stuff :tu:

As long as it's your own writing and lore, you'd be 100% welcome in the Liber Astartes section, even if it's an expansion on an official chapter - over the years there have been several similar projects (for other chapters) both on an individual and group basis

Looking forward to seeing your stuff :thumbsup:

Thanks!

And I hope I can do at least a decent job on it.

As Doctor Perils said, we've had numerous examples of hobbyists fleshing out official Chapters with their own DIY treatment via an Index Astartes or similar article. You can see a listing of most of them here (under the "Official" header). Unfortunately, some really good examples were lost in a crash we had a few years back so those links no longer work (or have been replaced with a "No file found" entry), but others remain.

Another option, though not preferred, is to post a DIY article about an official Chapter in the forum named for the Legion from which it is descended. For example, though the final version of my article about the Angels of Vigilance now appears in the Liber Showcase forum, it was originally posted in the Dark Angels forum because it was created as part of a challenge in that forum. Some believe that the White Templars are descended from the Imperial Fists, but their lineage isn't known for certain. This would allow you to post such an article in any of the "First Founding" forums or even the main Space Marines forum, though many would question why it isn't in the Imperial Fists forum or the Liber Astartes forum (the latter of which being the preferred location for a DIY effort).