What are some of your favourite Index Astartes?

Minigiant

When I was more active on this board (2017) it was still relatively quiet. In the last three/four years I have clearly missed a lot.

I want to get inspired, I want to get caught up

What are some of your favourite Index Astartes that have ever been shared?

I know the Castigators will be included in that so lets just skip right past that.

Hopefully it will inspire us all, and be a good source for newcomers to scour through

Edited by Minigiant

"Best" is highly subjective, but you'll definitely get some results for "favorites" (also subjective, but not as open to debate).

Unfortunately, a number of very good articles that have been presented here over the years have been lost to time - lost in crashes or purged by members.

Of those that remain, the best starting points are those that have been submitted to the Tabula Astartes (link takes you to listing of DIY articles) and the Liber Showcase. You might also take a look at the Dark Angels forum for the various submissions to the Brotherhood of Angels challenge in which members created Successors of the Dark Angels Legion. That challenge was held in 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2017.

Among my personal favorites are those that @Aurelius Rex published in the unfinished Dornian Heresy as well as some that appeared in Legio Imprint 2: The Eye of Terror.

A few of my favourites, some of them seriously show my age…

Commissar Molotov's Castigators (don't feel even slightly bad about mentioning them again… :P)

But there were also some really great Chapters that were also part of Mol's Astartes Vocates group by other talented fellows; Barret's Thousand Swords, Nine-Breaker's Angels of Perdition, etc.

Octavulg's Ice Lords and Bronze Prophets

Ferrus Manus' Arctic Lions

Grey Hunter Ydalir's Blazing Sons

Ace Debonair's Stonebound and Red Lords

Brother Argent (Silver Phoenix)'s Leopards Argent

Group projects by the Liber: Dark Sons, Lions of Alba

Flintlocklaser's Steel Ghosts

Ferrata and SCC also did some great stuff back in the day.

Not all of these are finished IAs. And there are plenty, plenty more that I've liked over the years, these are just off the top of my head...

My favorites are those whose themes are so interesting, they compel me to contribute ideas. These include:

and others.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

My favorites are those whose themes are so interesting, they compel me to contribute ideas. These include:

Minigiant's own Denizens of the Deep (Lovecraftian Marines),

Thank you. Here is the link for Version 2

InAction's Star Wardens (cowboy Marines),

I remember these they were so cool. Just reread it, it is a shame they are going for a name and colour change but each to their own

Edited by Minigiant

There are lines from The Scribes of Veneticus that I still think about and try to emulate some parts in my professional work.

I have to ask for you to expand on this one, it is just a bunch of bulletpoints

It has momentum. Usually long origin stories are bad because they wrap up and leave you with no information about what’s going on with the chapter now. You don’t have that problem with your chapter, your whole article is unresolved tension and that’s what people like about it, it’s got something going on.

This guy only did an origin story and that’s good too, because he made it go fast, it’s frenetic. It doesn’t feel like it’s already in the past.

use of the carriage return isn’t bullet points, it’s poetry. It’s e e cummings.

- Believe it or not, Scribes of Veneticus is my most spiritual film.

- Uh why is- uh- elaborate on that

- No