Oll Persson in The Walking Dead

Just123456

I don't know if people would think that differently of him to be honest. I mean he is perpetual, but he is also an amazingly skilled / lucky in the sense that he had been fighting in wars since before recorded history and he had not died in conflict once. If he ended up in a zombie apocalypse situation, his perpetualness would probably protect him from infections due to zombie bites, but it would probably never come into play since no zombie would ever get a bite out of him. Thus he would also avoid any suspicion towards him since nobody could ever see him first being bitten and then getting better.

I don't know if people would think that differently of him to be honest. I mean he is perpetual, but he is also an amazingly skilled / lucky in the sense that he had been fighting in wars since before recorded history and he had not died in conflict once. If he ended up in a zombie apocalypse situation, his perpetualness would probably protect him from infections due to zombie bites, but it would probably never come into play since no zombie would ever get a bite out of him. Thus he would also avoid any suspicion towards him since nobody could ever see him first being bitten and then getting better.

Where is it said he has not died a single time?

Oll would do what he's always done, he'll blend in. They probably would take no notice of him beyond the skill sets he brings to the party.

Are you developing a story about Oll in this setting, or are you just speculating? If it's the former, you need to get specific and get specific quick. If it's the later, I'm shutting this thread down, as it doesn't meet our mission statement.

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

Good points... please continue with details on what you wish to achieve. A rough draft to your story would be nice... even a very, very rough draft:yes:

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

He is sent to The Walking Dead universe after Horus obliterated him. He is confused as to how he is not dead as Horus should have been able to put him down for good, even with him being a Perpetual. He comes across Clementine in her house, brings her with him, and when he gets to Hershel's farm he saves Shawn and Kenny's son but he has to amputate Shawn's foot. And when he gets to the pharmacy store and meets Larry who wants to throw out Kenny's son, he beats the crap out of him, and he saves Doug and Carly. When he comes across the cannibals at the dairy farm, he kills them since while he is a good guy, I doubt he would want cannibals eating people. And when they get to the point at Crowford With Molly and the people who throw out anyone who doesn't fit their perfect group, he goes with the good ending. And instead of being bitten the way Lee is, he is forced into a situation where Clementine and the others see him resurrecting. He goes into the next seasons with Clementine. But him being a Perpetual won't be revealed until near the end of the first season. He lives through all the seasons, but not without his secret eventually being revealed.

He would have no problem putting down bandits, even all alone and outnumbered 30 to 1, unless they had him cornered on all sides with machine guns, snipers and traps and he only had his Athame.

Oll Persson would choose all the good options, except for letting the Cannibals at the dairy live.

How would he be around and a Perpetual after Horus obliterated him? Good warp entities save him and send him to The Walking Dead universe.

And let's be real, while there are reasonable Imperials, even the radical Imperials would want the humans in The Walking Dead universe to join the Imperium, and kill everyone if they did not. Even the Imperium before the Horus Heresy can be brutal.

Edited by Just123456

Okay.... I'm back with a few things to consider. Keep in mind that these are just my views and not things I feel you must do, or even should do, but just things to consider.

He is sent to The Walking Dead universe after Horus obliterated him....

How would he be around and a Perpetual after Horus obliterated him? Good warp entities save him and send him to The Walking Dead universe.

It looks to me that you're setting up Oll as an omniscient, all knowing and fully skilled protagonist ready to do everything and anything. In other words, a Mary Sue. It would be more interesting and consistent to simply look at the Walking Dead setting as just another apocalyptic period in the forgotten history of Old Earth. Considering Oll's age at this point, he's already way ahead of the power curve in terms of skill sets and life experience.

Obliteration is what it sounds like, end of existence. Nothing survives of Oll at that point. In addition the idea of "good" warp entities is anathema to the setting. The warp is a sea of emotional energy with some of that energy coalescing into self awareness. It is a universe devoid of concepts of good and evil. Even assuming some sort of "good" entity, even the most powerful among them (the so called chaos gods) can't simply toss some soul into another universe. They require outside forces to assist in opening portals between the warp and other realities. It also requires extensive expenditure of resources and lives.

Keeping this story as simply an episode in the life of Oll Persson rather than dropping him in from the far future of another reality will be simpler. It will make for better character development and dramatic story telling.

He would have no problem putting down bandits, even all alone and outnumbered 30 to 1, unless they had him cornered on all sides with machine guns, snipers and traps and he only had his Athame.

Careful here. Oll was never depicted as a one man army. That's not to say that overcoming overwhelming odds in a combat situation never happens. It certainly does, but it's not a common thing. Do some research on this and be careful how you pursue it, or.... there's that Mary Sue thing again.

He's got his Athame.... no. Even the Terminator had to procure clothes and weapons when he was dropped into the past.

https://youtu.be/dFzwGg46waM

Oll Persson would choose all the good options, except for letting the Cannibals at the dairy live.

In good story telling as in life there are seldom good options in bad situations, only the best bad option.

And let's be real, while there are reasonable Imperials, even the radical Imperials would want the humans in The Walking Dead universe to join the Imperium, and kill everyone if they did not. Even the Imperium before the Horus Heresy can be brutal.

You'll need to explain this further. How does this fit into your story?

That's what I have for now. Sounds like a lot of criticism, I know. However, the general plot outline is fine. Still a lot of details need filling in. Good luck.

Oh, no. Oll Persson will not be omniscient. He doesn't know crap about the universe he is in.

Oll Persson not depicted as a one man army? Kind of. He staggered back a Cabal Alpha Space Marine With a punch, and the Marine had psychic abilities buffing him, and he was "stronger than any human, stronger than any Perpetual". And the Horus Heresy has said a single Space Marine defeats a hundred human soldiers single handedly. Though that part with Oll Persson punching the Space Marine was out of the ordinary.

But he is not going to be an Eldar Harlequin. He is not going to dodge machine gun fire after the bullets go. But he can defeat multiple people at the same time with his hands.

The Walking Dead is a universe where there is no Zombie Genre. Zombie fiction is in Warhammer 40k. You don't ever hear the characters in The Walking Dead use the word zombie since they have not come across zombies before in anyway. They cannot be in the same universe. But I might change that.

What about the Athame acting up sending him to The Walking Dead instead of warp entities? And he won't have the Athame. He lost the Athame.

A lot of Imperials won't care what happens to Clementine and the other characters. And those that do would eventually want them to join the Imperium and kill them if they did not, if they got back to the Imperium. What I said before. Oll Persson is far more reasonable and morally good than most Imperials.

Edited by Just123456

He staggered back a Cabal Alpha Space Marine With a punch, and the Marine had psychic abilities buffing him, and he was "stronger than any human, stronger than any Perpetual".

Cabal Alpha Space Marine?...... What is that? I'm not familiar with this scenario. Where does that come from. Where is your quote from?

The Walking Dead is a universe where there is no Zombie Genre. Zombie fiction is in Warhammer 40k. You don't ever hear the characters in The Walking Dead use the word zombie since they have not come across zombies before in anyway. They cannot be in the same universe. But I might change that.

I don't think this is relevant or even true. Zombies in relation to the walking dead is actually a motion picture genre term with know no relation to historical legend or fact. The term "zombie" was borrowed from Haitian folklore because it was a more familiar term. The incidents depicted in The Walking Dead would simply be a blip and probably something completely forgotten by Imperial time, and certainly the cinematic and folklore histories where the word and meaning came from.

What about the Athame acting up sending him to The Walking Dead instead of warp entities?

The athame is not a conscious entity, but a weapon of multiple but still limited use. I don't think this scenario is any better.

A lot of Imperials won't care what happens to Clementine and the other characters. And those that do would eventually want them to join the Imperium and kill them if they did not, if they got back to the Imperium.

Is this going to be part of your story? Oll takes these folks back to the 40Kverse?

Oll Persson is far more reasonable and morally good than most Imperials.

Probably so.

He staggered back a Cabal Alpha Space Marine With a punch, and the Marine had psychic abilities buffing him, and he was "stronger than any human, stronger than any Perpetual".

Cabal Alpha Space Marine?...... What is that? I'm not familiar with this scenario. Where does that come from. Where is your quote from?

I don't think this is relevant or even true. Zombies in relation to the walking dead is actually a motion picture genre term with know no relation to historical legend or fact. The term "zombie" was borrowed from Haitian folklore because it was a more familiar term. The incidents depicted in The Walking Dead would simply be a blip and probably something completely forgotten by Imperial time, and certainly the cinematic and folklore histories where the word and meaning came from.

What about the Athame acting up sending him to The Walking Dead instead of warp entities?

The athame is not a conscious entity, but a weapon of multiple but still limited use. I don't think this scenario is any better.

A lot of Imperials won't care what happens to Clementine and the other characters. And those that do would eventually want them to join the Imperium and kill them if they did not, if they got back to the Imperium.

Is this going to be part of your story? Oll takes these folks back to the 40Kverse?

Oll Persson is far more reasonable and morally good than most Imperials.

Probably so.
The part with Oll Persson staggering back a Cabal Marine is in the Perpetual audio book. The Cabal Marine who disguised himself as John when hunting Oll Persson.

And He won't bring them back to his universe.

The Athame can stop working right. Not everything in Warhammer works right all the time. Especially when it comes to the warp, and the Athame was built using warp strength.

Edited by Just123456

Ah:happy.: ..... I vaguely remember the scene in Perpetual that you're talking about, but I don't recall the details. I'll have to look at that again. I'd still be cautious about a direct comparison between Oll and an Astartes.

These terms you keep using, "Cabal Marine", "Cabal Space Marine", "Cabal Alpha Space Marine":unsure.: I think you are referring to Alpha Legion Space Marines.....yes? The Cabal didn't have Space Marines. If you are referring to Alpha Legion as allies to the Cabal, I'd rethink that idea. It's still up for debate on whether or not Alpharius and Omegon bought into the acuity story hook, line and sinker. Even if they did, they have their own agendas and aren't going to simply ally themselves to some Xeno club they happen to have some similar views with. Anyway, the Alpha Legion is so steeped in the lies within lies, plans within plans obfuscation mentality that I wouldn't believe any of them if they said that day is light and night is dark. 

Clearly the athema has other uses in places where the wall between the warp and reality are thin, but I don't see any references where it can be turned off to any practical degree.

I'll get back to you on the audio drama reference when I can.

Either way, the Cabal agent was stronger than any human and Perpetual. And that is strength beyond anything Oll Persson should be able to do.

Would any of the characters fear Oll Persson upon learning about him being a Perpetual? Yeah, the zombie apocalypse is going down, but fear of what you don't know and understand is around even with that.

What about Tzeentch screwing around with the Athame right when he is able when Oll Persson is in the wall between reality and the warp. Would that work?

Edited by Just123456

I think you'd be better off portraying the story as an event from Oll's past. His history is left pretty wide open and references to his past are left pretty vague.

It would also open up the opportunity to write it as a series where Oll pops up in various universes that could conceivably be part of the 40k universe's history. After all we know almost nothing about the history of the universe before shortly before the Heresy. Pretty much any sci-fi universe could theoretically be inserted into 40k history with very little hand waving involved, as none of them are set nearly as far into the future.

I think you'd be better off portraying the story as an event from Oll's past. His history is left pretty wide open and references to his past are left pretty vague.

It would also open up the opportunity to write it as a series where Oll pops up in various universes that could conceivably be part of the 40k universe's history. After all we know almost nothing about the history of the universe before shortly before the Heresy. Pretty much any sci-fi universe could theoretically be inserted into 40k history with very little hand waving involved, as none of them are set nearly as far into the future.

Excellent points all:thumbsup:

Either way, the Cabal agent was stronger than any human and Perpetual. And that is strength beyond anything Oll Persson should be able to do.

I'm fairly sure it was an Alpha Legionnaire. I'm still vague on details, so I'll have to go back and listen again.

Would any of the characters fear Oll Persson upon learning about him being a Perpetual? Yeah, the zombie apocalypse is going down, but fear of what you don't know and understand is around even with that.

That would be a real mess for Oll. I still think it would be best that they didn't find out. Remember Oll's age. He's been at this immortal game for a very long time, so he knows how to blend in and not get caught.

What about Tzeentch screwing around with the Athame right when he is able when Oll Persson is in the wall between reality and the warp. Would that work?

Even the chaos gods don't have slight of hand tricks to manipulate the warp. It would take some major efforts on both sides, especially on the physical realm side.

What would you all think of Damon Prytanis having a wife and children who were Jewish and he and them were sent to Auschwitz and they were separated and he wanted to get them back and would have been able to but did not want to risk him being revealed as a Perpetual and he died in Auschwitz and resurrected with his corpse far outside and joined the military and about a year later he was looking for his family and at the time he found them they were dead?

And he promised he would not let any of his family die again to protect his deepest secret and had his tattoo number permanently etched to him with as a reminder and a punishment for himself. The Cabal etched the tattoo onto his arm.

And he is around the age of Oll Persson. Oll Persson is the oldest Perpetual and around 45,000 years old as the Perpetual audio book and Saturnine said. And he was one of Jason's Argonauts.

Edited by Just123456

• 2 months later...

Excellent points all:tu:

I'm fairly sure it was an Alpha Legionnaire. I'm still vague on details, so I'll have to go back and listen again.

That would be a real mess for Oll. I still think it would be best that they didn't find out. Remember Oll's age. He's been at this immortal game for a very long time, so he knows how to blend in and not get caught.

Even the chaos gods don't have slight of hand tricks to manipulate the warp. It would take some major efforts on both sides, especially on the physical realm side.
So? What do you think of Oll Persson being born 17,000-22,000 years ago at the time of the 21st century? That is what Saturnine and the Perpetual audio book said. And Oll Persson is the oldest Perpetual. Edited by Just123456