Side-by-Side Size Comparison: New Plastic Krieg & Old Resin

N1SB

Anticipating questions about how the new plastic Death Korps of Krieg Guardsmen in the recently released Kill Team 2021 boxset measure up to the older brothers from the Forgeworld resin ones, here's a side-by-side photo:

gallery_57329_13636_44633.jpg

Our Warhammer Manager happened to actually play Krieg already, had the old resin ones, actually displayed these in case people asked. Helping him share this info with everyone now.

So this will be probably be argued over for a while - which models are better, etc., but I actually like the beefier lower shin wraps and lasguns than on the resin Krieg, but the resin heads/gas masks, hoses, and chest gauge pieces looked nicer.  Also, the deeper cloth valleys in the folds, and the curves/sweep of the cuffs on the resin minis look nicer.  I prefer having the second metallic pauldron from the plastics though, and the more rounded helm looks better to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the best I could with the time I have.

ezB8kQYl.jpg

0OPTvfHl.jpg

MxeURgTl.jpg

cBMuvFXl.jpg

Heads are much more in proportion compared to Cadian; Scion opinion may vary depending on how bulky the Scion helment is supposed to be. I don't have any unconverted Scions with bare heads, but I can do a comparison next week when stuff is off the sprue (heading out for a few days). The Kriegers are definitely more slender, seem a bit shorter. More in scale with Skitarii proportions.

Here's the best I could with the time I have.

ezB8kQYl.jpg

0OPTvfHl.jpg

MxeURgTl.jpg

cBMuvFXl.jpg

Heads are much more in proportion compared to Cadian; Scion opinion may vary depending on how bulky the Scion helment is supposed to be. I don't have any unconverted Scions with bare heads, but I can do a comparison next week when stuff is off the sprue (heading out for a few days). The Kriegers are definitely more slender, seem a bit shorter. More in scale with Skitarii proportions.

The fact you seem to think that Kriegers seem shorter is heartening. I was worried they’d tower over Firstborn Marines, or seem too large compared to thins like the LRBT and its variants.

Scale comparison to other minis from tale of painters octarius review.

Review_Kill_Team_Octarius_Tale_of_Painte

Definitely seem more in scale with GW's more recent human models, ala blackstone fortress traitor cadians and skitarii, i.e. smaller heads and boots. But slightly more bulky than forgeworld krieg, and same scale guns as other guard unlike the smaller forgeworld krieg guns. TOP also notes the krieg arms are flat joints and interchangable, so could be kitbashed.