Mad Greeks Khalkotauroi

MadGreek

Finally getting paint on my Primaris Marines. Gonna put them here as I get them done to keep myself motivated. Will be Primaris units and (probably) Firstborn Marine units built using Primaris models. Don't expect much, not a great painter, just enjoy converting and painting for my own satisfaction.

First up, Captain Aeolus Aiolos of the 3rd Company. Aeolus means "quick-moving, nimble" in ancient Greek. Since the 3rd Company will be primarily an assault themed company I thought it a fitting name for the Captain. Company Color is yellow, thus the yellow and white striped Crest. Dark Imperium Captain with Head / Sword (and scabbard) swapped out with bits from Red Warden Miniatures, and Chapter logo from Pop Goes the Monkey. Base from Dragon Forge.

Spelling of name changed to reflect more ancient Greek spelling vice the Latinized version.

Captain Aeolus 3rd Company

Edited by MadGreek

Excellent work on CAPT Aeolus' model. The name seems ironic or sarcastic, considering he's in Gravis armor; it may be more appropriate for an Aggressor.

Thank you. Yeah, I get that about the name, and wasn't thinking along those lines when I named him. The backstory in my head - he was a successful assault Marine before being promoted and moved to the 2nd (Gravis armored) Company. When the 3rd Company, my primarily assault company, needed a new Captain his assault acumen saw him promoted to that spot, but he retained his Gravis armor. He is not necessarily on the front lines anymore.  

Edited by MadGreek