Thoughts on dark gold armour for Templars?

Kastor Krieg

I'm looking to do a fairly "Primaris revival" Templar force and paint them in a specific "dark-gold-on-black-instead-of-pure-black" pattern. Same shoulder pads, trim and so on, just a lot of that special gold airbrushed over black, gradiented towards it.

Thoughts? :)

Over on IG, Sinan Atamer has some lovely Templars using gold much more heavily than normal.

I've also been using more gold than usual on mine - both my Marshals are in full gold armour - with the arrival (fingers crossed) of a new Helbrecht mini they'll become his bodyguards.

arutQz0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Big picture.

image0.jpg

Anyways, Dark Gold is basically what I went for on my Dorn.

I mainly used the FW gold paints but the base was Liquitex Iridescent Bronze. After that it was more or less:

• Castellax Bronze
  • Thallax Gold
  • Druchii Violet wash (the gloss version might work better but I didnt have it - you can see what this does best near the backpack vents)
  • Valdor Gold
  • Nuln Oil Gloss recesses specifically
  • Valdor Gold on large, flat sections otherwise, drybrush over darker gold sections as a highlight

Imho, if you want a dark gold that still looks gold without veering into bronze, washing brighter golds with purples gets the best results.

Edit: Shot of his back which shows the different shades of gold off better:

image0.jpg

Edited by Slips

Over on IG, Sinan Atamer has some lovely Templars using gold much more heavily than normal.

I've also been using more gold than usual on mine - both my Marshals are in full gold armour - with the arrival (fingers crossed) of a new Helbrecht mini they'll become his bodyguards.

arutQz0.jpg

He is an old Local player of our group. Also a great guy btw and have a great army. His style is good