Contemptor - to missile or not to missile

Plague _Lord

• 2 weeks later...

Magnetise would be the best answer - though that isn't always best for conversions. Remember that it's easier to say that the models doesnt have a CML than it does. You can always model it then choose not to use it. Harder the other way round. 

In terms of effectiveness...CML's are decent if you dont have another way of getting that firepower. It'll make the dread a more juicy target, but it'll have higher output. I agree with Karhedron that sticking more weapons onto a unit you've already paid the chassis cost for is more effective. 

Sort of related question: does anyone know if the CML will fit on the thousand sons contemptor (regular one not osiron)? It seems to me like the headdress thing would get in the way.

Don’t have it in hand; based on the 360 view I think it will fit no problem, but the ornamentation looks like it would get in the way of missiles firing from it, if that makes sense. YMMV but such things would drive me crazy.

Edited by Juggernut

Sort of related question: does anyone know if the CML will fit on the thousand sons contemptor (regular one not osiron)? It seems to me like the headdress thing would get in the way.

I'd say slap on the Typhoon Missile Launchers from the Land Speeder. You'll be able to mount them on the top of the hull sticking out from behind the headress and over the shoulders.