Thought a list might be worthy of discussion, as various fraters have touched on bits and pieces in different topics under different headings, and it can be hard to keep track of what's going on if you don't follow developments with chaotic fanaticism. I've divided information into "confirmed", "probable", "possible", and "rumoured" at my own discretion. Where possible, I've linked sources. I might type out stat changes by hand when I have time, but for now have just included hyperlinked pictures.
Some "confirmed" changes are not ironclad, and it's possible things will change, but I think it's safe to assume that statlines will be largely consistent across books, with some exceptions (e.g. DG Possessed have T5, vanilla CSM Possessed will in all likelihood receive their other stat changes but stay T4).
- Chaos Space Marines, Chosen, Terminators, Havocs, Plague Marines, Rubricae, Noise Marines, Khorne Berzerkers, Raptors, Warp Talons, Bikers, Fallen to all receive +1W.
- Daemon Engines moving to 3+ WS/BS
- Forgefiend stat changes: old | new in Codex: TS
- Maulerfiend stat changes: old | new in Codex: TS
- Heldrake stat changes: old | new in Codex: TS
- Defiler: Defiler cannon goes to flat 3 damage, attacks do not degrade (source: Codex: DG and TS)
- Possessed stat changes: old | new in Codex: DG (note the T5, which is probably unique to DG)
- Chaos Spawn stat changes: old | new in Codex: DG & TS.
- Helbrute stat changes: -2M, +1A (loses HA), -1D on incoming damage (sources: Codex: DG and TS)
- Predator datasheet separated into "Annihilator" and "Destructor" variants (sources: Codex: DG and TS)
- Death to the False Emperor being removed - probable (does not appear in Codex: DG/TS)
- Hateful Assault being removed, all CSM gaining +1 attack instead - probable (does not appear in Codex: DG/TS, +1A received instead)
- Cultists losing ObSec - probable (does not appear in Codex: DG/TS)
- Cultist units allowed 1:1 with CSM (e.g. basic CSM, Chosen, Possessed) - probable (based on restrictions in Codex: DG & TS)
- Veterans of the Long War will be changed to 2CP and only work on infantry - probable ("Eternal Hatred" in Codex: DG, "Wrath of the Wronged" in Codex: Thousand Sons)
- Dark Hereticus powers will remain largely unchanged - probable (based off "Lore of Vengeance" in Codex: TS)
- Linebreaker Bombardment and Killshot removed - probable (based off Codex: DG & TS)
- QOL stratagem changes (e.g. changes to relic stratagem, inclusion of WL trait acquisition stratagem, smoke launchers removed from datasheets and turned into a stratagem) - probable (all but certain)
- Existence of Boon Table for Crusade, which appears unchanged (other than ability names) in both Codex: DG and TS - probable
- Chaos Lords and Daemon Princes 0-1 per detachment (based off Codex: DG & TS) - probable
- Various Daemon Prince stat changes (e.g. +1S for Sword & Axe, -1AP + only 1 attack per Talon) - highly probable (based on C: DG and TS)
- Terminators/Havocs/CSM being restricted to the weapon options available in the box (see now-locked topic for information)
- World Eaters codex in 9th (Dosjetka, Valrak)
- Possible model releases in 9th, from Dosjetka:
Let me know anything if I've missed anything, or made any mistakes, and I'll fix it. If the topic stays active I'll update the first post as information or rumours arise over the coming months.
- What do people think is more likely: legion supplements in another campaign book/Charadon II sticks around? Supplement: Traitor Legions? Individual supplements for each legion?
- Thoughts on what our doctrine/contagion/cabal point equivalent will be?
- Which models do you think are most likely to be released alongside the 9e book, if any? What needs to be replaced the most?
Edited by Marshal Loss, 24 August 2021 - 09:26 PM.