Can we still summon daemons?

Tzen

Morning fellow disciples of Magnus. 

In the new codex, there is no mention of being able to summon daemons. I know in the daemons codex it says any champion of chaos can do so, I am just wondering if this crosses over to our new codex?

I am wanting to paint up some Pink Horrors, but a little hesitant if it isn't allowed any more. 

The new Daemon book might get rid of summoning but currently the daemon rules let you summon and are the only rules for tzeentch daemons.

Its allowed technically but summoned units are added to your army so would break Cabalistic focus and stop you using Cabal points so its really no different from just alllying in daemons which you'll still be able to do once a new daemon book comes out. So there's no reason to worry about daemons and marines being able to fight in the same force but if you want to soup you have to give up the bonuses designed to make monofaction armies attractive over soup.

Hopefully they'll bring out rules for mono-god mixed armies but I can't promise that will happen.

At the moment, Thousand Sons can still summon daemons using the rules found in Codex: Daemons. This may change when the 9th edition Daemons book is released.

summoned units are added to your army so would break Cabalistic focus and stop you using Cabal points

Incorrect, per the latest core FAQ, page 2:

‘IF EVERY UNIT IN YOUR ARMY’ RULES

Many armies have abilities that only apply if every model in your  army has a specific keyword. For example, many units in Codex:  Space Marines have the Combat Doctrines ability, but this rule only applies if ‘every unit in your army has the Adeptus Astartes  keyword’ (with a few listed exceptions). The condition of ‘every unit  in your army’ is checked once, after you have selected your army, which happens at the end of the ‘Muster Armies’ step of the mission sequences used in a mission pack, and such rules either apply for the duration of the battle or they don’t. If the condition is satisfied at the end of this step, then those rules will apply throughout the battle, regardless of whether or not new units are added to your army during the battle that might not satisfy this condition. Similarly, if at the end of the ‘Muster Armies’ step, this condition  is not satisfied, then it will not apply for the duration of the battle,  even if during the battle you suffer casualties to the point where all  your remaining units would start to satisfy the condition.

You can summon units without losing access to contagions, cabal points, etc.

Edited by Marshal Loss