Ebon Chalice Palatine Bomb

Anyone tried anything like this? I want to give it a shot.

Take a Palatine and give her word of the Emperor.

Have another character with Terrible Knowledge warlord trait.

Deploy the Palatine in an Immolator with Dominions; make your scout move as the battlefield determines.

Turn 1 Command Phase:  Declare word of the emperor and spend your 6 from Terrible Knowledge to get 6" range.

Turn 1 Movement Phase:  disembark Palatine from the Immo 9" + advance roll. You can spend command reroll if the advance roll is really crap.  This should have gotten you as much as 6" (scout move) + 9" (disembark) + 4" (advance roll) + 6" (miracle die range). = 25" invuln shut off range.

The shooting for your priority targets now no longer has to worry about invuln saves.

If the opponent realizes what you're up to, he's going to deploy more defensively / further away, in which case, HURRAY!

Anyone tried anything like this? I want to give it a shot.

Take a Palatine and give her word of the Emperor.

Have another character with Terrible Knowledge warlord trait.

Deploy the Palatine in an Immolator with Dominions; make your scout move as the battlefield determines.

Turn 1 Command Phase:  Declare word of the emperor and spend your 6 from Terrible Knowledge to get 6" range.

Turn 1 Movement Phase:  disembark Palatine from the Immo 9" + advance roll. You can spend command reroll if the advance roll is really crap.  This should have gotten you as much as 6" (scout move) + 9" (disembark) + 4" (advance roll) + 6" (miracle die range). = 25" invuln shut off range.

The shooting for your priority targets now no longer has to worry about invuln saves.

If the opponent realizes what you're up to, he's going to deploy more defensively / further away, in which case, HURRAY!

It's a grey area if you can even use Word of the Emperor from inside a transport. Technically the Palantine isn't on the table to use WOE in the command phase. It'd be a bit like using it before coming in on an outflank.

Secondly, it only works on melee attacks.

Well would you look at that!  

Pardon me while I go back to reading school!

Its OK 9x19 Parabellum; we all appreciate our fellow payers working on new tactics even if they turn out not to be workable. Kudos on both pushing that envelope and also working on using an Order that isn't Bloody Rose. :biggrin.: