What is the right profile for this conversion?

Hello brothers, I've recently stumbled upon this fantastic kitbash and felt the urge to recreate it myself:

4FOZ5rn.jpeg

All necessary bits are ordered and I'm keen on buiding my own version, but so far I've mostly dabbled in conversions without much consideration for the rules or army building. So my question to you is: How would you make this model work within the framework of Codex Space Marines? Does any supplement come to mind? The one in the picture seems to be a Blood Angels Captain (or successor?) - is that a purely cosmetic choice or is there some inherent synergy with this loadout?

Looking forward to your input! Once the bits are on my table, I will post some photos on my progress as well. 

Edited by Markov Gheist

I'd say a smash captain with combibolter, power axe, jump pack, and relics/traits that make him +1T to account visually for the gravis suit

Gotta get my hands on the codex asap to figure out how this works in detail, but thanks for the pointer! I'm leaning towards a BA successor or even Death Company – the skull mask would fit greatly with that. Another option would be to use it as a proxy for Astaroth, but that wouldn't quite account for the gravis armor I suppose...

Captain

Chapter Master

Jump Pack

Angel Exemplar

-Imperium’s Sword

-Artisan of War - Mastercrafted Weapon

Angel Artifice

Master-Crafted Relic Blade

Storm-bolter

Not legal but fun - Boltstorm gauntlet instead of Storm-bolter

+1 to this, I've found Imperium's Sword and Relic Blade to be better than the Thunder Hammer option most of the time. You still hit that magical Strength 8 in the first round of a combat and you get more hits too.

Rik

Awesome, thanks everyone for contributing! Since I can't give him a Boltstorm Gauntlet, I will probably replace the left arm with a different ranged weapon. Anything that comes to mind? I reckoned an Inferno Pistol would fit nicely for BA.

Edited by Markov Gheist

Awesome, thanks everyone for contributing! Since I can't give him a Boltstorm Gauntlet, I will probably replace the left arm with a different ranged weapon. Anything that comes to mind? I reckoned an Inferno Pistol would fit nicely for BA.

You can go with a Grey Knight arm for a wrist mounted Storm bolter. Otherwise an Inferno pistol is a decent choice if you want ranged, or give him a Storm Shield, a Custodes Shield would look really awesome on him.

I'm a big fan of Combi-Meltas on Marine Characters lately.

A melta hitting on 2+ is great it's useful for softening things up, can put some serious hurt on a character that fails any invulnerable or chip some extra damage on a nearby vehicle.

Rik