Power Armor abdomen ; what color?

It should be the second like this balck and red example:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99070108006_SoBImagifierLead.jpg

Torso is armor. 

Actually its painted as leather (very dark brown) in the official scheme to match the gloves. It is black (OoML always had black gloves) for heraldric purposes but is a different material.

Duncan's tutorial explains.

Custom schemes can do whatever they want. There's no reason why a scheme has to be armour 1 colour and everything else another colour.

I thought of it as a corset worn over the actual ceramite armor. In a few videos I’ve seen GW’s painters talk about intentionally painting it differently than the armor as a softer material to match the gloves.

You can just paint it just like the armor or, if you only want to vary it slightly, do something a little different with the highlights or shade.

It should be the second like this balck and red example:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99070108006_SoBImagifierLead.jpg

Torso is armor. 

That is what I do.

I have seen it done on Official Citadel Miniatures both ways, just look through some of the older Codices.

It should be whatever you want. It can match the armour. Or it can be some other color.

If you look carefully at the latest 'Eavy Metal schemes, you can see that the abdomens are painted a slightly different color, looking more like a cloth or leather corset worn over the armour.

gallery_26_6416_0.gif

99120108033_SoBCelestiansDominionsDUAL02

gallery_26_6416_0.gif

99120108033_SoBSquad01.jpg

gallery_26_6416_0.gif

It's very obvious on the Sister Superior Amalia Novena miniature:

gallery_26_6416_0.gif

99120108020_SisterAmaliaNovena01.jpg

gallery_26_6416_0.gif

With Celestine and her Geminae Superia friends, the abdomen is clearly not the same color as the gold armour:

gallery_26_6416_0.gif

99120108008_TriumvirateoftheImperium06.j

Many players, though, like to have the "corset" match the rest of the armour, and it's conceivable that some orders might prefer to have their corsets match the rest of the armour. Ultimately, it's entirely up to you.

Thanks for the responses, guys.   I know, of course, the proper answer is "They are your minis, paint them however you like"  But these little nuances give me OCD and keep me awake at night.

Well I suppose we can go with this then? :lol:

TL;DR: Officially it's leather, so it can be either one, just make sure it's clearly not the same as the armour

Thanks for the responses, guys.   I know, of course, the proper answer is "They are your minis, paint them however you like"  But these little nuances give me OCD and keep me awake at night.

Well I suppose we can go with this then? :laugh.:

TL;DR: Officially it's leather, so it can be either one, just make sure it's clearly not the same as the armour

Unless the Canoness Superior in charge of your Order is herself OCD and wants the look of the corset to precisely match the look of the armor. :wink:

Little late, but I will throw in with the fact that (despite my own ladies having metal corsets), that the abdomen armor actually evokes brigandine vibes, which is interlocking plates with a cloth covering on top. The plate rivets are visible on top of the cloth. Food for thought, paint them however you like