"Warhammer TV is unavailable in your location"?!

Kastor Krieg

Just a quick question for Canadians:

Is anyone in Canada able to access Warhammer +?

I only seem to be able to access Warhammer - 

(which is just a bunch of sad middle aged men cursing through a bunch of Friday night 40K games. Not suitable for younger viewers.)

LOL

"You kids these days and your Warhammer+ and your digital this an' that's. Bah, i say! Back in my day when you arrived at the local Games Workshop your opponent would, jump out from behind a display and flog you to within an inch of your life with the 'dreadsock'."

"Pah! You kids don't know how easy you've got it! In my store your opponent would flog you with the 'dreadsock' then the store owner would strap you down and flog you again with the rulebook!"

"Fooah... In MY store you could actually buy... BITS!"

"Ooamph! Yes, yes!"

"Guah, quite right!"

"Mhm, mhm."

EDIT: Sorry, i couldn't resist.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

What the hell is the point of selling the subscription to WH+ to people and at the same time denying them the animations, the Louise Sudgen Masterclass tutorials and the battle reports, etc - the main bloody draws of the purchase - and still charging the premium price, for just the app and some White Dwarf reprints plus the occasional bonus?

GW, why do you discriminate me for living in one of EU countries (Poland)?!

How many other countries are so affected? Buyers beware, don't get conned into WH+ subscription, read the fine print. You might find yourselves cheated into a subpar purchase if you miss the notification.

QfqCUHq.png

VPN?

"You kids these days and your Warhammer+ and your digital this an' that's. Bah, i say! Back in my day when you arrived at the local Games Workshop your opponent would, jump out from behind a display and flog you to within an inch of your life with the 'dreadsock'."

"Pah! You kids don't know how easy you've got it! In my store your opponent would flog you with the 'dreadsock' then the store owner would strap you down and flog you again with the rulebook!"

"Fooah... In MY store you could actually buy... BITS!"

"Ooamph! Yes, yes!"

"Guah, quite right!"

"Mhm, mhm."

EDIT: Sorry, i couldn't resist.

Our local game store certainly didn't put the F in FLGS back in the day.

Owner would watch us like a hawk if we picked up a rulebook before buying it. Too much reading of the rules and/or lore and he'd come snatch it away before demonstrating the correct way to look through a new book. Complete with showing us how we were allowed to say "ooh, that looks cool" or "hey, interesting" before putting the book down or buying it.

He'd also demand that we bring him food if we wanted to use his tables.

Was that "Warhammer -"?

Can anyone confirm that you have to be subscribed for two years to get the model? I have heard rumours that people trying to cancel the re-charge in a years time were told they cant if they want the model.

The model is your reward for staying subscribed for a year, seems obvious to me if you try to cancel prior to then you don't get it. Although if this is for people who've already paid for the year in advance it's probably just an error that hadn't been foreseen; like the site only takes into account when you signed up and when you cancel. 

If you subscribe for a year you get the model after 9 months so....

Wait what? Really? 

Yeah it was mentioned in one of the earliest preview articles, if you pay for the year sub in advance you get your model after 9 months.

I have sent them an email because right now I cannot see anyway to cancel the re-charge next year, all I get is this. It may just be trying to cancel the whole thing right now when I am trying to cancel the ongoing re-charge.

NaT6wwP.png

Edited by Black_Knight

You only get it after 9 months if you previously had an active Warhammer App subscription.

Had I known before, I would have subscribed to the app first >_>

That’s what I did, since they mentioned it multiple times in the articles and the initial stream.

Signed up for the app beginning of aug (got charged), upgraded (got charged again, but got the app sub refunded).

So I actually got the month for the app free as well ;)

I also thought at the start they said Yearly subs got it at 9 months too. We were discussing it on here.

Not that I‘m aware of, the yearly sub only gives two free months.

As a special thank you to existing subscribers, if you convert your Warhammer 40,000: The App subscription to Warhammer+ within the first month, you’ll get your hands on your chosen free miniature* three months earlier than anyone else.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/08/11/warhammer-is-packed-with-amazing-shows-and-features-heres-how-youll-access-them-all/

Seems like you have it mixed up somehow

I found the old post, you are right at having to be pre-subscribed.

I also have read on multiple articles that the model is for staying subscribed for one year so lets see what GW translates that as. They got into trouble with the Kill Team Scenery bundles, hopefully they aren't going against trading standards a second time.

Edited by Black_Knight

Just an update for a location where warhammer tv is supposedly unavailable (France). I just subscribed and it seems to be working just fine on the app (on my phone) I haven't tried to view it on a browser or an amazon firestick, but I guess it should be all right. I'll let you know after testing it more thoroughly

Sorry for the double post, but little update as I had time to try it on different platforms.

So even though it's normally unavailable in France.

I've been able to watch the contents of warhammer tv on :

android ap (phone)

firestick tv app

browser (laptop)

I have a samsung tv but there's no app for it, so you can watch it on the tv's browser, but with no option to put it on full screen (though I might try to plug a keyboard and mouse to the tv to see if I can get more controls than with just the remote)

Angels of Death has subtitles in French (don't need it but its cool if I want to watch it with my son)

Other shows don't

looking forward to tomorrow's new episodes