"Warhammer TV is unavailable in your location"?!

Kastor Krieg

For those saying VPN, as it is tied to your postal address, for the miniature, it is "region locked" that way, like Amazon Prime.

Thing is, when watching Prime or Netflix, the list of available shows and movies you see is restricted by your physical location (your IP), not your billing address; when you go travelling you'll see the list of pictures available there, not the one from home... Hence the use of VPNs

For those saying VPN, as it is tied to your postal address, for the miniature, it is "region locked" that way, like Amazon Prime.

Thing is, when watching Prime or Netflix, the list of available shows and movies you see is restricted by your physical location (your IP), not your billing address; when you go travelling you'll see the list of pictures available there, not the one from home... Hence the use of VPNs

A VPN will let you watch from anywhere. A postal address will let you subscribe.

A VPN and a user name / password for the service will let you watch from anywhere without subscribing.

There do not appear to be any limits on concurrent logins. Access to the service is controlled through a simple token scheme, which looks to be set indefinitely.

FWIW I am in the USA and I still can't get Warhammer tv to work on my Samsung smart tv. It is the only way I want to watch those shows and the shows simply freeze and stop working within 30 seconds on the tv. 

There’s an app on the App Store for mobile devices.

Unfortunately that doesn't help it to work on my Samsung smart tv. Why watch something on a tiny cell phone versus a 60 inch smart tv?

Assuming you've done a hard reset of your smart TV.

It appears US streaming services are geographically load balanced, your streams originate from different places where you live. In the East, videos appear to be streamed from an Equinix data center in Virginia, and the service itself appears to be operated by Akamai. Streams also appear to be device specific - they've optimized video for the viewport on the device being used to watch the stream.

For streaming to work at scale, ISPs need to optimize delivery through a process called peering, where they set up direct routes to the origin servers. This isn't something companies proactively monitor for, there are lots of streaming applications and not every one of them is deployed properly. Sometimes you have to yell at your ISP to get them to do anything.

Get the smart phone app and try streaming on the same network as the TV. If there's a problem, call your ISP to report it and also file a ticket with GW stating which network you are on. This makes both parties aware of the problem, doesn't guarantee anything will be fixed.

If the smartphone app works without issue, you have to look at your TV and the app. Try uninstalling the app, hard reset the TV, and reinstall the app. If the problem persists, it might just be a problem with the app itself. In targeting specific devices - instead of resolutions - developers sometimes screw up royally. I have a low tolerance for this and would just delete the app, but you can complain to Warhammer for support. GW should have a support agreement with whoever built this that will get you connected to a tech to figure it out.

I don't personally trust streaming services with my home ISP. Verizon has had so many problems over the years, it's not even funny. Could not watch MLB TV for 2 years without major problems. All of my devices run through a VPN, including the TV, and that eliminates a lot of these mystery issues.

I don't know if it's related but BBFC ratings are tricky to get recognised in France, Poland and South Africa (or at least they were).

Or rather, they have different restrictions on digital video content.

This is due to some international child protection legislation that was being passed.

It's possible that the animated content may not be rated for those countries, and because they could be considered as children's cartoons it's still under negotiation?

Edited by StraightSilver

Does anybody know if the Warhammer TV will be available as an APP on Xbox or an app on TV.  Sorry if i am not explaining this well.  What i meen is will i be able to watch it on my smart tv as watching it on my phone sucks

Unfortunately F11 doesn't do anything for me (MS Surface Pro), and I'm stuck with address bar and tabs :down:

Double tapping or double clicking on the video while it's playing also takes it into full screen.

Lifesaver, thankyou. I could've sworn I tried this :facepalm:

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else still having login issues on android?

I did initially, but when I switched my default phone browser to Chrome, it let me log in properly, then I could set my default back to firefox.

Not sure if that's relevant to your issue.

Edited by Darkwrath121

If you have an Apple mobile device:

you can download the app from the App Store

go into the settings for your device and select your name which contains your subscriptions - select Warhammer App and check Warhammer +

logout out of the app and then log back in again - you should be good to go

:)

Anyone else still having login issues on android?

I did initially, but when I switched my default phone browser to Chrome, it let me log in properly, then I could set my default back to firefox.

Not sure if that's relevant to your issue.

Thanks, thats very relevant so will try that

Update: worked perfectly, thanks!

Edited by Dark Shepherd