2k heavy terminator list feedback requested

Bulwyf

So my friend who plays TS asked me to come up with a list for him. I intentionally left almost all of the pysker stuff out so he can pick and mix. 

++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [100 PL, 8CP, 7 Cabal Points, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Cults of the Legion: *No Cult*

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

+ HQ +

Ahriman [9 PL, 3 Cabal Points, 160pts]: 5. Otherworldly Prescience, Warlord

+ Troops +

Rubric Marines [6 PL, 1 Cabal Points, 105pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Inferno Bolt Pistol
. 4x Rubric Marine w/ inferno boltgun: 4x Inferno boltgun

Tzaangors [4 PL, 75pts]: Herd banner
. Twistbray: Tzaangor blades
. 9x Tzaangor w/ Tzaangor blades: 9x Tzaangor blades

+ Elites +

Chaos Leviathan Dreadnought [13 PL, -1CP, 220pts]: 2x Grav-flux bombard
. Two twin volkite calivers

Helbrute [7 PL, 135pts]: Power scourge, Twin lascannon

Scarab Occult Terminators [21 PL, 1 Cabal Points, 445pts]: 2x Hellfyre missile rack
. Scarab Occult Sorcerer: 22. Weaver of Fates, Inferno combi-bolter, Rites of Coalescence
. 7x Terminator: 7x Inferno combi-bolter, 7x Prosperine khopesh
. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Soulreaper cannon

Scarab Occult Terminators [20 PL, 1 Cabal Points, 430pts]: 2x Hellfyre missile rack
. Scarab Occult Sorcerer: 22. Weaver of Fates, Inferno combi-bolter

Scarab Occult Terminators [20 PL, 1 Cabal Points, 430pts]: 2x Hellfyre missile rack
. Scarab Occult Sorcerer: 22. Weaver of Fates, Inferno combi-bolter

++ Total: [7 Cabal Points, 100 PL, 8CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I feel like this would work for him. You have 90 wounds of terminators that are objective secured to chew through. He has some anti tank in the Levi and helbrute. He can babysit his own objectives with the Rubrics and Tzaangors. Walk up the board with some termies and drop the rest in to grab objectives. Feedback appreciated. I'm trying to make a list with models he actually has as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

if you swap the leviathan for a contemptor dread with twin volkites and a cyclone missile launcher, it gets you enough points to add the hellfire missile racks to all 3 terminator squads.  

In fact, you'd still have some points left over for some incremental upgrades.

That combo is likely going up in pts in the upcoming CA, I wouldn't do that yet. 

if you swap the leviathan for a contemptor dread with twin volkites and a cyclone missile launcher, it gets you enough points to add the hellfire missile racks to all 3 terminator squads.  

In fact, you'd still have some points left over for some incremental upgrades.

That combo is likely going up in pts in the upcoming CA, I wouldn't do that yet. 

Double volkite contemptor is a beast, and will still be worth it at 170pts. 

List is ok. You need to think of what cult you're using. For lots of terms I'd go with Time, but duplicity also works as you;re really slow. You have 3 big obsec blobs, yes, but they're slow and cannot take all objectives. 5 rubes or 10 goals will also not hold an objective against anything actually trying to take it. 

Also, why Vanguard over a batallion? Vanguard is to avoid troop tax entirely, however you've taken troops and not maxed elites. 

I'd go:

Duplicity. Drop all troops, split 3x 10 terms into 1x10 with coalescance and 4x 5. Add exalted warlord with master misinformator, dilettante, crystal and prism, then weaver and presage. Racks on all terms. Pick mutate landscape secondary

Time: Drop troops, split terms into 2x10 and 2x5. Get exalted with dilettante, weaver, presage, crystal, prism. Get racks on all terms. First thing to drop is the levi. 

Optimise current list:

Drop levi, Add 1x5 rubrics and above exalted, swap to battallion detachment to gain 3CP.