+ Some Things Are Best Left Forgotten Discussion +

apologist

My FNQSLGS doesn‘t have ANY of the Adeptus Titanicus Knight models in stock :( 

I‘d like to know  a bit more of the Wormwood Sons, if possible.
There are some nice chtonic and heretek vibes there that continue to draw my interest in an u healthy way..

This is the symbol of House Mortimer how would people describe it if it was in a document listing Knight Houses' colours and symbols? 

HouseMortimer1.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Do anybody know if the Knight Houses that are a name and nothing/little more that appear in White Dwarf 126 (UK) have been taken up by anybody in the community? Planed to have them in my list and if they are already given colours by somebody I see no reason why not use theirs.

@Apologist based on their similar colours would you like House Beaumaris to be close to the Death Eagles (1)? 

@Xin Ceithan did I understand it right that House Duval was split between the Pentarchy and the Partisans

Edited by Gamiel

Yes, though not in a sort of even split, more like meandering / fracturing

I’d imagine them along the lines of a spirit court or maybe the traditional Greek pantheon or such.

Since the knights are supposed to be the guiding Loa / Gods and the pilots just their incarnation/ avatars, they sort of had their own portfolio and area of interest / duty , oaths and alliance before the War. Add in some vague visionary input and they aren’t a cohesive force at the best of times. Then their High Baron gets killed…the one figure everyone (grudgingly) respects enough to pull together along the same line , for some time…

So they go after their own lines, at least at first. One might start along the Red Fish and oppose the Orthodoxy but fight the Riven Lords the next month because he feels bound to defend the local community which chose it as it’s patron spirit / saint than loyalties to a far off Imperium or Primarch. Or the other way around…

But that has always been their way, so it is not a real issue inside the house, at least at first. Ares and Athena squabble all the time…

From the outside, they probably gain an increasingly reputation as wild cards or unpredictability (when your Mecha wanders off to fulfill some task for the Spirits) but from their POV there is no other way.

It’s like the battle of Troy, without Zeus reigning them in .

Which leads to all kinds of troubles / stories…

The House fought in defence of the league during the War of the Beast because it was a common enemy from all sorts of interests and motivation but here they are totally torn between their own motivations and values

Does that make sense?

It makes sense. I think an imperial scribe would summarise it as "split between the Pentarchy and the Partisans" in a short presentation

Not many authors in the administration, I’d guess

I'm beginning to feel that I am soon finished with this

Not finished but how do this look? What should I change before posting it on facebook or instagram? (beside adding more houses, will ad some canon ones and the ones in my post above):

+ =][= To Inquisitor Nichola Rémy-Remigius: we have been able to translate/decode/repair some of the file/s you sent us. Something we discovered was that it was not just one file but a layer of files, connected by datalinks. It’s a presentation of the Knight Houses involved in the M33 incident we are researching. The main document stat that there was 153 Knight Houses in the conflict – that’s a higher number then the one given by the Degrera source, and a smaller number then what the Mongori source state – and give a presentation of each of the supposedly involved houses with name, colour, coat-of-arms, and a sentence or three of other information about the house. Each of those presentations have a datalink (or had, as not al of them are functioning, we hope to be able to repair those broken datalinks or find ways around them) to a larger presentation, with pictures in some cases, of the Knight House in question. We have not been able to translate/decode/repair the whole main page with all 153 listed Houses but here are copulation of some of the presentations we have been able to translate/decode/repair. More to come my lord and if any of them catches your interest we will begin to translate/decode/repair that house’s longer presentation.

:

House Arkiel

Colours: Purple, green

Coat-of-arm: a red rose on white. Often each knight-pilot highly personalised their shield with extra decorations.

A house of artists, artisans, and art patrons, known for their fast knights, both regarding reaction and running speed. Their unwillingness to destroy things of beauty, even when it was made by traitors and the most efficient way to stop the enemy, made them censured.

House Rustovitch

Colours: Red, green, gold

Coat-of-arm: a green dragon rampant on red.

Arrogant and aristocratic warrior-scholars. Their claims of nobility tainted by cruelty and indifference toward those they consider lesser.

House Lasambre

Colours: Black and blue. Golden details common.

Coat-of-arm: A gold crowned black eagle displayed, wings elevated, with a gold ankh in its right claw and a sabre in its left claw, on blue background.

Close to ecclesiarchy, their claims of piety ring false with their arrogance and tendency for politicking.

House Bêtes Noires

Colours: Green and black.

Coat-of-arm: a black wolf’s head superimposed over a blue engrailed saltire on green.

Tribal kings over the techno-barbaric people of their homeworld. Fight more like pack predators than well drilled warriors. =][= +

And was wondering if anyones here would like to have their Knight House appearing in the list? If so give me their colours, coat-of-arms and and a short (two to four sentences) presentation of the house

House Trainor first appeared in the old White Dwarf 126  (1990) so I thought it to be fitting that it appeared in the War of the False Primarch, I'm basing their colours and coat-of-arm on Klorian Saiche 's, since while he is a Freeblade he is not one by choice so I think he would not change his colours or coat-of-arm. And I was wondering if people have any suggestions on how to describe his coat-of-arm?

4166a54dd8924ed099fba2dabe316e74.jpg

House Trainor first appeared in the old White Dwarf 126  (1990) so I thought it to be fitting that it appeared in the War of the False Primarch, I'm basing their colours and coat-of-arm on Klorian Saiche 's, since while he is a Freeblade he is not one by choice so I think he would not change his colours or coat-of-arm. And I was wondering if people have any suggestions on how to describe his coat-of-arm?

"Gules a lozenge sable pierced by a lance sable reversed on an embattled counter embattled bend argent, cottised gules" ... or something like that.

Gules = red

Sable = black

Argent = white [silver]

Reversed = lance goes down not up

Bend = diagonal band

Embattled counter embattled = crenellated lines on both edges of bend; usually only top edge is 'embattled'

Cottised = parallel lines running the length of bend; in this case the 'gules' must be noted again because most likely it is an 'addition' to the bend.

The specific arms here could be very personal to the individual: specifically the lozenge and/or lance, embattlements and cottise could indicate specific honorifics (or sanctions) not generally applied to everyone in the House... It would be kinda cool if the 'lance reversed' was not reversed on the other knights, for instance, indicating that Saiche has reversed the lance until he returns home.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

"Gules a lozenge sable pierced by a lance sable reversed on an embattled counter embattled bend argent, cottised gules" ... or something like that.

Gules = red

Sable = black

Argent = white [silver]

Reversed = lance goes down not up

Bend = diagonal band

Embattled counter embattled = crenellated lines on both edges of bend; usually only top edge is 'embattled'

Cottised = parallel lines running the length of bend; in this case the 'gules' must be noted again because most likely it is an 'addition' to the bend.

The specific arms here could be very personal to the individual: specifically the lozenge and/or lance, embattlements and cottise could indicate specific honorifics (or sanctions) not generally applied to everyone in the House... It would be kinda cool if the 'lance reversed' was not reversed on the other knights, for instance, indicating that Saiche has reversed the lance until he returns home.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

Thanks, that really help. And your comment about "specific arms here could be very personal to the individua" makes me realise that I don't need to be to precises or mirror it perfect (since it's established that Knight houses coat-of-arms evolve and we are more than 5000 years into the past) and I just saw a lecture about how older coat-of-arms could look very different at different times, even when it was the same person (not just family) who had it and how sons personalised their father’s coat-of-arm.

Today’s update from the front covers the broad strokes of Warzone Kadath – if you’ve got anything that would fit a battle over a Forgeworld (like, say, a Knight), then post ‘em up here :)

https://warofthefalseprimarch.blogspot.com/2021/07/updates-from-front-uncivil-war.html?m=1

Edited by apologist

+ =][= + To Inquisitor Nichola Rémy-Remigius: we have been able to translate/decode/repair some of the file/s you sent us. Something we discovered was that it was not just one file but a layer of files, connected by datalinks. It’s a presentation of the Knight Houses involved in the M33 incident we are researching. The main document stat that there was 153 Knight Houses in the conflict – that’s a higher number then the one given by the Degrera source, and a smaller number then what the Mongori source state – and give a presentation of each of the supposedly involved houses with name, colour, coat-of-arms, and a sentence or three of other information about the house. Each of those presentations have a datalink (or had, as not all of them are functioning, we hope to be able to repair those broken datalinks or find ways around them) to a larger presentation, with pictures in some cases, of the Knight House in question. We have not been able to translate/decode/repair the whole main page with all 153 listed Houses but here is a copulation of some of the presentations we have been able to translate/decode/repair. More to come my lord and if any of them catches your interest we will begin to translate/decode/repair that house’s longer presentation.
:

House Ankharström [Pentarchy]
Colours: Bright red as main colour, black as secondary.
Coat-of-arm: A white anchor on red, with black boards
The house both disdain and hate Astartes since at least the Horus Heresy and gladly fought against the Partisan Chapters. During the conflict they were dogged by rumours of friendly fire toward allied Astartes forces. Water and coastal fighters, their scions go around masked.

Creator comments:
*19th- and early 20th-century seamen-ish when it comes to culture, clothing and such. Names are Scandinavian/Nordic.
* The members of the Ankharström household go around masked when in public.

House Arakon [Pentarchy]
Colours: Green with some areas yellow, the yellow areas often having a green chevron.
Coat-of-arm: Yellow with a green chevron.
Grim, gregarious and noble. Allies of old to Legio Atarus and joined the conflict together with forge world Atar-Median. A notable number of knights left the main conflict against the Partisans to hunt down the House Rajha Knights that had appeared in the segmentum.
* canon

House Arkiel [Pentarchy]
Colours: Purple, green
Coat-of-arm: a red rose on white. Often each knight-pilot highly personalised their shield with extra decorations.
A house of artists, artisans, and art patrons, known for their fast knights, both regarding reaction and running speed. Allies of old to the Charnel Guard. Their unwillingness to destroy things of beauty, even when it was made by traitors made them censured.
Creator comments:
* Spanish, Portuguese and Filipino names.

House Arundel [Pentarchy]
Colours: Red and white.
Coat-of-arm: A red turtle shell on white.
Slow but steady, House Arundel’s Knights often sacrifice speed for heavier armour or stronger shields. Was often given garrison duty during the conflict, making them often fight raiders from the Void Barons and Riven Lords.
* canon

House Beaumaris [Pentarchy]
Colours: Purple and white
Coat-of-arm: a leather winged dragon head seen from the front.
Ork fighters, many of their Knights were equipped with flame and/or melta weapons. Are followed by “bards” (see full file for word explanation) and many of the scions are trained musicians.
* canon

House Belet-Seri [Pentarchy]
Colours: Black with electric blue details. Skulls and bone decorations painted on was common.
Coat-of-arm: Three skulls missing their lower jaw stapled on each other, on black.
Death cultists, of the sombre and scholastic kind. Request repeatedly to fight alongside the Red Talons and the Charnel Guard.

House Bêtes Noires [split between Partisan and Pentarchy]
Colours: Green and black.
Coat-of-arm: a black wolf’s head superimposed over a blue engrailed saltire, on green.
Tribal kings over the techno-barbaric people of their homeworld. Fight more like pack predators than well drilled soldiers. Was spread out in the Quirib sub-sector and had not really been informed about the conflict, many Knights joined the side that they first encounter.

House Col'Khak [Pentarchy]
Colours: Red and black.
Coat-of-arm: A capitalised gold Φ inside a gold archway with the arch having cog-teeth.
Sworn to the forge world Atar-Median and its Legio Atarus. Was usually seen fighting alongside fellow Atar-Median forces. Many of the scions have undergone extreme augmentations in the mirror of their Mechanicum patrons.
* canon

House de Amond [Partisan]
Colours: White and red/white diamond pattern.
Coat-of-arm: A red lozenge on white.
Group fighters, seldom seen alone on the battlefield. Found of games when not in their Knight-titans, most popular are chuiwan, croquet and jeu de volant – much of their planning and politics happens during those games. Show off their opulence with highly exotic pets.

House De Minh [Partisan]
Colours: Black with gold details.
Coat-of-arm: A gold cog on black.
Joined the Partisans after the orthodox forces mistook them for House Gyllenkugghjul and attacked them. From the forge/jungle world of Dai-Viet, all the scions are also trained tech-priests, with all the proper augments.

House Daedalans [Partisan]
Colours: Green and blue.
Coat-of-arm: A copper pair of compasses flanked by two red towers.
Masons and architects as well as warriors, schooled in sacred geometry and esoteric mathematics. Their knowledge makes them master of siege, both as attackers and defenders. Believers in counting-twice-cutting-once, they are sometime seen as slow and too cautious.

House Dunstan [Pentarchy]
Colours: Blue and yellow.
Coat-of-arm: On yellow a hammer with a smith's tongs beside it, both blue.
Hailing from a night world. At least half of the force sent to the conflict was quickly redeployed for a classified mission by Inquisitor Knut of the Ordo Malleus. Of the unitarian Omnissiah-Emperor faith, which made them unwilling to follow Arch-Cardinal Verashyon.
+ One of Mal. Inq. Bosel Zorn acolytes was from House Dunstan, and they were named regarding the Azagath-incident. Do the Dunstans know or have something that makes them extra useful for Malleus? Find out more. I want to know. / =][= Rémy-Remigius
* canon

House Feng-Xhu [Partisan]
Colours: Ochre yellow and green.
Coat-of-arm: A badger rampant on green, with ochre yellow bordure.
This Knight House was an unknown House until it was reported as being part of the False Primarch forces. Their Knights had a combination of primitive jury rigging and modifications and esoteric technology that it's believed was gifted to them by the False Primarch.
Creator comments:
* Imperial China-ish

House Finvovve [Pentarchy]
Colours: Orange and pink.
Coat-of-arm: A warhound titan head from the side. Variations of Legio Brutus’ symbol also common.
The "hound keepers", vassal House the warhounds only Legio Brutus from forge world Linus-III. Their role not only as support troops but to remind the Princeps not to give in to their god machines animalistic tendencies.
+ According to Assif-3 have Legio Brutus not existed since M36 but House Finvovve have survived. / a. Yoshi

House Gilliam-Briarbraddock [Partisan]
Colours: Steel grey and white.
Coat-of-arm: A knight chess piece in white on steel grey.
Following a strict and genuine code of chivalry, found of hunting and romance. It's believed that they sided with the False Primarch because they found the romantic idea of serving under a Primarch too hard to resist.
Creator comments:
* English-ish
* names should be long, old fashion and/or a bit silly.

House Grigoria [Pentarchy]
Colours: Dark red as the main colour, green as the secondary one.
Coat-of-arm: A white fleur-de-lis with the band in the middle in gold, on dark red. Many have halved their shield and show of their loyalty to the ecclesiarchy in some way on the other half.
Are religious, lustful, with both madness and genuine dancing in their eyes. The ecclesiarchy declared the False Primarch an abomination and therefore they will do their best to erase him and his followers from the Galaxy.
Creator comments:
* Russia-ish/slavic-ish, with a focus on the mysticism, religious mysticism, holy fools
* Each pilot is followed by their personal priest-advisor, with many of them have more than one, and soothsayer, flagellants, holy fools and similar, as part of their entourage.
* More or less each pilot has his/her own harem, that follow them as part of their camp-followers.
* House Grigoria is often driven by a religious fever when they fight, many of them suffer from mood swings and/or ritualistic behaviour. If you have seen Horror Express (if not, see it it’s good and it’s in the public domain so you can see it for free) so would both Father Pujardov and Captain Kazan be good examples of personalities that would fit in the House.
* For the converter: lots of chains hanging from their armour; icons, relics, and/or reliquaries hanging from or bolted/bound to the armour/weapons – no need to colour coordinate with the armour colours.
* For the painter: Have a icon painting in Russian style (showing the Emperor, one of His loyal sons, a saint or similar) covering one of the armour plates.

House Guvara [Partisan]
Colours: Red and orange.
Coat-of-arm: two downward pointing crossed swords over a broken chain, on orange background.
Idealistic and radically egalitarian, likely joined the False Primarch out of a belief that he could reform the Imperium into a form more fitting with their radical belfies. Berserk tendencies. Were found fighting alongside the Red Fish Chapter throughout the whole conflict.

House Gyllenkugghjul [Partisan]
Colours: Black with yellow details.
Coat-of-arm: Two yellow cogs biting into each other on black.
Hailing from the forge world Härjedalen. The house scions are grafted into the throne mechanicum and can’t leave their suit without a lengthy process. Joined the Partisans together with their homeworld. Often followed by Serberys Raiders.

House Hawkwood [Pentarchy]
Colours: Red and yellow.
Coat-of-arm: a feather winged lion head seen from the front.
Protectors-repairers of their homeworld’s water canals and see purification of water as something semi-holy. Made a declaration of vendetta against the Wormwood Sons for the latter’s radiation of large bodies of drinkable water.
* canon
Creator comments:
* Babylonian-ish
* some of the scions also have the title “gugallu”, this is not a title of war but one of high honour. The title bearers are trained in the higher arts of canals use, building, and maintenance, they are also have an understanding of irrigation agriculture.

House Helios-Selene [split between Pentarchy and Partisan]
Colours: Dark blue with decorations in the form of celestial symbols and star maps.
Coat-of-arm: A circle with the features of a human face, right side in gold with sunbeams coming out of it, left side in silver.
A nomadic Knight House whose “Knight World” is their fleet, the house’s leader is also the carrier of a Rogue Trader Warrant of Trade. Explorers and mappers, they are allies of old to the White Scars and their decedents, and their ships are often part of Explorator fleets.
Creator comments:
* Since they are "allies of old to the White Scars and their decedents" are some of them likley fighting alongside the Jade Talons.

House Hyperion [Pentarchy]
Colours: Black with their coat-of-arm covering parts of their armour plates.
Coat-of-arm: On red a white bend with yellow edges in which three black crescent moons are.
Hive worlders, giving them a mastery of underground and urbane combat. Students of poetry and mathematics, the later which they use both in range and close combat. It was their valiant defence of the hive world Kadumi that likely kept the Adane sector in orthodox hands.
* canon

House Indra [Pentarchy]
Colours: Red and green, with gold details.
Coat-of-arm: A vajra in gold/yellow on red
See astropaths as blessed since they have stood before the Emperor and each pilot is followed by an astropath-oracle. They fought against the False Primarch because if he acutely was the Emperor's son would their astropath-oracles have given them a sign of his coming.
Creator comments:
* Their scions are called 'raja/s' in their own tongue.
* Pre-colonial India-ish, 19th-centery orientalism-ish
* The rajas are ruling warrior-philosophers, trained in so much more than just war and have a distain for those that fail in their role as rulers, or during war despoil land, water or structure when other methods of war are available.

House Jubokko [Partisan]
Colours: Light green and dark green.
Coat-of-arm: A black tree with a red crown, a white dagger superimposed on the trunk.
Master foresters, consider ancient trees sacred. They have sensual and bloody rituals to honour the Emperor and their Knights. Are dogged by rumours about there being human sacrifices at the highest of those festivals.
+ The Degrera source have them as part of the Pentarchy. / a. Yoshi

Creator comments:
* Japanese, Gaulish and Gaelic names.

House Khilwat [Pentarchy]
Colours: Blue. Often covered in geometric designs in white and/or copper.
Coat-of-arm: A running white horse under a copper hamsa, on blue.
Subtitle, secretive and diplomatic, those scholar-warriors was Inquisitor Ormus preferred choice when he needed Imperial Knights.

House Kyojin [Partisan]
Colours: Red with turquoise details
Coat-of-arm: a copper lion-centaur with a sword in one hand springing
Master duellists gifted with both awesome charisma and frightening presence during battle. They hide their faces behind veils and the house’s Scions have been reported as “not fully there at all” when out of their armour. All their Knights are equipped with some kind of sword.

House Lasambré [Pentarchy]
Colours: Black and blue. Golden details common.
Coat-of-arm: A gold crowned black eagle displayed, wings elevated, with a gold ankh in its right claw and a sabre in its left claw, on blue background.
Close to ecclesiarchy, their claims of piety ring false with their arrogance and tendency for politicking. One of their representatives was always found near to Arch-Cardinal Verashyon.
+ Was/is marked for destruction in M36 because of them not denouncing the false Ecclesiarch Goge Vandire after his reveal as a heretic. / a. Yoshi

Creator comments:
* North African and Al-Andalusian names

House Lakar [Pentarchy]
Colours: Yellow with their coat-of-arm covering parts of their armour plates.
Coat-of-arm: Quarterly, 1st and 4th, on blue a white fleur-de-lis; 2nd and 3rd, divided into black and white square in a ceckered pattern.
Hailing from a mostly irradiated desert world. Their experience with rad-damaged environments and equipment to counter them made Lakar often used against the Wormwood Son. Their foppishness hides highly competent warriors.
* canon

House LCL [Pentarchy]
Colours: Bright yellow and black. Mechanical parts are in polished copper.
Coat-of-arm: An interlaced pentagram in yellow on black. Each Knight often highly personalise their tilting shield, instead of just showing the House’s coat-of-arm.
The Knight House of Venus, serving directly under the Conclave Venutiae. Equipped with arcane technology and the highest quality technology that Venusian nobility could buy. Social and political, while also always wearing highly decorative masks.
+ The now long-lost House LCL have been suggested to be the forerunners to the modern Guardi Arquebugieri. / a. Yoshi
+ That Venus saw the conflict as important enough to actually send their own forces to help stopping the False Primarch is something that bears investigating. Did they know something more than others? I want to know. / =][= Rémy-Remigius
* lots of bling, use bits from other GW kits. Should be in other colours than their main ones, they are showing off wealth, not colour coordinating.
* returning symbols are: three towered castle; hydra; gate; pair of crossed keys; a sword with a burning blad - sometime alone, sometime with an gauntlet holding it by the grip; hexagram; unicursal hexagram [exist as transfers in the HH DA transfer sheet]; lion (any attitudes); lion head (any attitudes); ♀; शुक्र; ॐ श्री शुक्र देवाए नमः।; pentagram of Venus;
* specialize in urban and underground fighting - something that often is the same thing on hive worlds like Venus.
* use arcane technology similar to the elders holo and shadow fields. Some whisper that it is not a question of archeotech or secretive Venus pattern tech but heretical xeno-tech.

House Leonidas [Partisan]
Colours: Bronze with some red markings.
Coat-of-arm: A red capitalised 'L' on bronze.
Famed duelists and snipers, who believed that only warriors are true people. They joined the side of the False Primarch more out of their sworn alliance with the Void Barons than anything else.
Creator comments:
* Antique Greece-ich, with a focus on the military, warrior and fascist (from our modern point of view) parts. Names are antique Greece-with-near-area-ich and Japanese-ish.
* The L in their coat-of-arm can be in any writing style (gothic, Disney, Times New Roman, etc.) and the bordure of the shield is often decorated, either with a simple red/white/black solid bordure or with some kind of meander pattern in those colours.
* markings and such on their armour are usually in red, white or black; any cloth is in red.
- Void Barons symbols are common (and can be in the Void Barons’ colours), showing their relationship and that they have fought together many times.
* while they might form shield walls against hordes do they prefer to fight as individual warriors.
* See non-combatants (that are just not too old, young or feeble to fight) as comparable to slaves in worth, and treat them such, in and out of combat.

House Lopan [Heretic horribilis]
Colours: Purple with many areas decorated with green flames.
Coat-of-arm: On purple a skull over green flames.
Allies to the Alpha Legion, claimed to be a freeblade house and tricked both Orthodox and Partisan forces to let them join battles. Further investigation is needed if there is a pattern to where they were sighted and what they did there.

House Mortimer [Pentarchy]
Colours: Yellow and purple.
Coat-of-arm: An unidentified purple monster lacking legs in a crescent shape, it’s back covered in axe-head shaped “spines” and a potbelly bulging just belove it’s head, on yellow.
Their homeworlds yellow toxmist make them masters of fighting in toxic environment and marks them with a constant smell of sulphur. Rumours about them eating the flesh of their notable enemies hound them.
+ The Mongori source has them as among the Partisan forces. / a. Yoshi
+ Their coat-of-arms are disturbingly similar to the symbol used by genestealer cults to show their foul loyalty. This bear further scrutiny. I want to know. / =][= Rémy-Remigius
* canon

House Mubarak [Partisan]
Colours: Green and yellow/black stripes.
Coat-of-arm: Split green and bent sinister yellow/black stripes. Many of the Knights have a personal symbol or figure in the green area.
A house only made up by Armiger Pattern Knights. Called “the little house” by many of their pears. Found of drinking and music. Split between their newfound need to follow the False Primarch in any way and their old alliance with the Firebreaks.

+ "Split between their newfound need to follow the False Primarch in any way and their old alliance with the Firebreaks", how do this fit with our newfound knowledge about the Firebreaks? Send information as sone as you have any. I want to know / =][= Rémy-Remigius

House Procon Vi [Pentarchy]
Colours: Black and silver.
Coat-of-arm: On blue, an eagle displayed clasping broken lance in white
Vassal House to Legio Solaria. Traditional, honourable and ritualistic. Was not only found beside Legio Solaria but also on many other battlefields during the conflict, wherever Solaria or the House own lords deemed fitting.
* canon

House Rajha [Heretic horribilis]
Colours: Yellow and black, with the black areas often decorated with yellow flames.
Coat-of-arm: Non known. Many different variations based on their colours or Legio Fureans’ symbols have been seen
Vassal House to of the traitor Legio Fureans. Raiders that were reported attacking both Orthodox and Partisan forces. Unknown if they were after anything more than reassures and/or bloodshed.
* canon.

House Rustovitch [Pentarchy]
Colours: Red, green, gold
Coat-of-arm: a green dragon rampant on red.
Arrogant and aristocratic warrior-scholars, their claims of nobility are tainted by cruelty and indifference toward those they consider lesser. Sworn allies to the Flesh Eaters since the War of the Beast.
+ Assif-3’s data-spools have a mention of a Knight House Rustovitch that was/is marked for destruction because of gene-crimes. The same house? / a. Yoshi
- Find out. I want to know. / =][= Rémy-Remigius

House Sethamon [Partisan]
Colours: Red and gold. Blue details common.
Coat-of-arm: An ankh encircled by an ouroboros.
Desert worlders, specialising in desert fighting and subversive combat. Their strange rituals and tendencies to have snakes everywhere made them unpopular among their allies. Given mostly garrison duty during the second half of the conflict after notable looses.

Creator comments:
* North African and Pharaonic Egypt names.

House Trainor [Pentarchy]
Colours: Red with the trim in gold
Coat-of-arm: On red a black lozenge pierced by a black lance on a white bend.
While being a Questor Mechanicus house they remain suspicious of them Adeptus Mechanicus. Their part of the conflict was mostly as part of the Annulus Umbra which they joined alongside the young Howling Griffins Chapter, with which they share a homeworld.
* canon
Creator comments:
* based their coat-of-arm and colours on Klorian Saiche who are from House Trainor and while he is a Freeblade he is not one by choice so I think he would not notably change his colours or coat-of-arm.

House Tubaal [Partisan]
Colours: Green and yellow-white.
Coat-of-arm: Green with a red cross with a great helm in grey superimposed in the middle.
Ambushers, skulkers and attackers of opportunity, called cowards by many on both sides. The house’s Knight Scions and their accompanying blood-kin all hide their faces behind helmets or iron masks. Supposedly have excellent information networks.

House Warwick [Pentarchy]
Colours: Green and purple
Coat-of-arm: A dragon head breathing flames.
From a jungle/swamp world. Live in portable “sauna houses” when on worlds with less humidity and/or heat than the scions and their people are used to. Tried to partake in any operation that would put them against the Marines Saturnine.
* canon

+ =][= +

This took a bit longer than I first intended. I tried to give each house a personality but also enough leeway for people to go where their inspiration takes them, some of them have a “Creator comments” when I just got some more ideas about them that I wanted to share even if that fenced in the creative freedom of other. I also tried to give both sides houses that are noble and houses that are vile. All the canon houses are Questor Mechanicus houses.

I think this is less than 53 houses (#blesseddoubt) and if the IU source is to be believed (#everythingyouhavebeentoldisalie) do that mean that there are more than a hundred other Knight Houses involved in the conflict.

I tried to be a bit simple in the description of the colours and coat-of-arms, partly because my lingua heraldica anglica is not that good (I’m better in it in Swedish) and partly because at least some of the Knight Houses we have seen seems to have a standard icon that is than modified by the individual Sicon. I can justify it IU by claiming that the scribes writing down it all were not trained heralds.

Any thoughts or comments? Edited by Gamiel

You have good imagination, but you really should proofread your works before posting them.

Typos, with my suggested corrections:

During the conflict they were dogged by rumours of friendly fire toward allied Astartes forces. Water and coastal fighters, their scions go around masked.

Are dogged by rumours about there being human sacrifices at the highest of those festivals.

You used "dodged" when "dogged" is more appropriate. "Scions" is misspelled in the first sentence.

Are followed by “bards” (see full file for word explanation) and many of the scions are trained musicians.

Many of the scions have undergone extreme augmentation in imitation of their Mechanicum patrons.

From the forge/jungle world of Dai-Viet, all the scions are also trained tech-priests, with all the proper augmentations.

The house scions are grafted into the throne mechanicum and can’t leave their suit without a lengthy process.

some of the scions also have the title “gugallu”, this is not a title of war but one of high honour.

Their scions are called 'raja/s' in their own tongue.

Live in portable “sauna houses” when on worlds with less humidity and/or heat than the scions and their people are used to.

I tried to be a bit simple in the description of the colours and coat-of-arms, partly because my lingua heraldica anglica is not that good (I’m better in it in Swedish) and partly because at least some of the Knight Houses we have seen seems to have a standard icon that is than modified by the individual Scion.

"Scions" is repeatedly misspelled as "sicons". In the second sentence, I replaced "the mirror" with "imitation"; in the third, I replaced "augments" with "augmentations".

Show off their opulence with highly exotic pets.

You used "of" when "off" is more appropriate.

The title bearers are trained in the higher arts of canal use, building, and maintenance, they are also have an understanding of irrigation agriculture.

"Canals" was misspelled as "cannels". I corrected the tense of "use", and replaced "maintains" with "maintenance".

Each pilot is followed by their personal priest-advisor,

You used "if" when "is" is more appropriate.

Their part of the conflict was mostly as part of the Annulus Umbra which they joined alongside the young Howling Griffins Chapter, with which they share a homeworld.

Added an "a", to correct the grammar.

Believers in counting-twice-cutting-once, they are sometime seen as slow and too cautious

You used "ones" when "once" is more appropriate.
Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

You have good imagination,

you really should proofread your works before posting them.

I do, but since I know what I meant do I not always notice spelling mistakes. At least if my proofread is close to the original writing 

Typos, with my suggested corrections:

Thanks and fixed.

Edited by Gamiel

Today’s update from the front covers the broad strokes of Warzone Kadath – if you’ve got anything that would fit a battle over a Forgeworld (like, say, a Knight), then post ‘em up here :)

https://warofthefalseprimarch.blogspot.com/2021/07/updates-from-front-uncivil-war.html?m=1

Since "Explorator forces were commonly harboured on Kadath prior to deep dives into wilderness space" is it possible that House Helios-Selene are there since they "their ships are often part of Explorator fleets".

Volnoscere theories:

• Volnoscere is a real Primarch, thrown out of the reach of the Imperium and never found. He knows about his father and his brothers thanks to far-seeing visions and dreams. At the same time he knows both much more about the Emperor’s plans and what really happened during the Heresy than any of his brothers and much less. While being a Primarch do his visions make it so that he is not always mentally in the here and now, but instead somewhere else, maybe as far away as the other side of the galaxy and/or in another era, this makes it hard for him to truly led the war. The Silver Stars are psycho-genetically unstable outside of his presence, and that was the reason Volnoscere original gene-sons was destroyed since without him they did became monsters.

• Volnoscere is a modified clone-construct of a Primarch, created by the sorcerous-science developed by Fabius Bile. Created by Bile, or one of his greater students, the whole thing is a both a ploy to weaken the Imperium and get as much gene-seed samples as possible, and a scientific study of how the creation will act and develop outside of laboratory milieu.

• Volnoscere is a the Primarch Russ thinks he slow before the Heresy. It did not take - either because Russ was slopy and if there is just a glimmer of live in a Primarch he will return, or thanks to forbidden arts (sorcery, xeno-craft, black archeotech, etc.) used by his few surviving loyal sons (or maybe some third part…) to resurrect him. He is here to take back his rightful place in the Imperium and revenge himself on the Sons of Russ (it was his manipulations that made the Pentarchy destroy the Spacewolves). What ever reason there was for the Emperor to ones send Russ after him is possibly (likely?) still there….

• Volnoscere is fully false, created by xenos, surrounded by brainwashed space marines, taken from scores of Chapters, made to believe that they are of the fictitious Silver Stars Legion. He has no real overarching plan and in truth lack the tactical genius that marks a Primarch. He is just there to spread chaos and destruction within the Imperium, for his xeno creators.

• Volnoscere is the body of Ferrus Manus, kept in animus by fanatic/mad Iron Hands using forbidden archeotech, in time the body regenerated a new head (either thanks to Primarch physiognomy combined with the unnatural circumstances or because of mad experiments by his necromancers). This new head have glimpses of Ferrus knowledge/understanding combined with things it has picked up, in both natural and unnatural ways, but is not Ferrus. It has powers that Ferrus never had and don’t even know that it was ones Ferrus Manus. Volnoscere "knows" that its one of the Emperor’s sons but don’t know, or really think about, why it disappeared and now has returned. It is not truly alive, nor dead, and need a special made armour and constant doses of alchemicals to stay in animus. The Silver Stars are mostly decendents of the Iron Hands and Blackshields that ones reanimated it and keept it hidden and secret from everybody else, but Volnoscere have an unconscious ability to make those that are near it share in its illusion (especially space marines) so any marine that stay to close to it for too long begin to believe that they are Silver Stars legionaries – this is how Volnoscere came with a Space Marine Legion from seemingly nowhere.

Edited by Gamiel

• Volnoscere is the body of Ferrus Manus, kept in animus by fanatic/mad Iron Hands using forbidden archeotech, in time the body regenerated a new head (either thanks to Primarch physiognomy combined with the unnatural circumstances or because of mad experiments by his necromancers). This new head have glimpses of Ferrus knowledge/understanding combined with things it has picked up, in both natural and unnatural ways, but is not Ferrus. It has powers that Ferrus never had and don’t even know that it was ones Ferrus Manus. Volnoscere "knows" that its one of the Emperor’s sons but don’t know, or really think about, why it disappeared and now has returned. It is not truly alive, nor dead, and need a special made armour and constant doses of alchemicals to stay in animus. The Silver Stars are mostly decendents of the Iron Hands and Blackshields that ones reanimated it and keept it hidden and secret from everybody else, but Volnoscere have an unconscious ability to make those that are near it share in its illusion (especially space marines) so any marine that stay to close to it for too long begin to believe that they are Silver Stars legionaries – this is how Volnoscere came with a Space Marine Legion from seemingly nowhere.

If, and I say "if" here, this theory is true, do the Red Talons know about this? If no, how would they react if/when they found out? If yes, maybe they really want to be there when Volnoscere dies so the they can destroy anything that could led back to them and/or the Iron Hands? If so maybe they are sabotaging for other Pentarchy members so they will not be there for the final battle?

Have any Knight Houses ben recorded fighting the this conflict? And any thoughts regarding them?

oh, don’t tempt me…:tongue.:

But there are those tiny HH Knights ,,,

So, from the maps there are three “major” forges involved 

Avarice  ( Morqub Sub; possible Partisan tendencies)

Heliopolian (Heliopolis Sub)

regarding Heliopolian so is here a facebook post about the forge world (so people don't need to scroll down the facebook flow to find it)

Appreciated!

But the link doesn’t seem to work ?!

In related news, I think we can assume the colours of FW Avarice are ochre / very light orange, white and black judging from the pics in  the IA: Firebreak? 

Appreciated!

Interesting, it works for me. Are you a member of the + Some Things Are Best Left Forgotten + Facebook group? If not, maybe that's the reason, that it only shows to members.

In related news, I think we can assume the colours of FW Avarice are ochre / very light orange, white and black judging from the pics in  the IA: Firebreak? 

Good point

Edited by Gamiel

Says “This content is temporarily not available” ..but, yes , since I am not on Facebook at all ( for professional reasons ) that might be a major stumbling block.

Here is what the post says:

[[DATA-SPOOLING]]

[[VOX-RECORD-LOADED]]
-
-
>>Helepolian
>>Gas Giant
>>Classification XXVIII Forgeworld
-
-
“Long before the imperium reached Helepolian, before the boots of terra-born warlords of transhuman, and godly pedigree walked her halls. Long before her back was broken - and the collapse - this mighty forge had toiled. Toiled ceaselessly, for years uncounted, for generations unremembered and numberless. This is not to say mankind did not dwell here, delving into the deepest foundry-labyrinths, or into the high, treacherous spires. The stain of human habitation remains.
Ancient Opus Machina are etched into the blackened iron bulkheads, such sigils predate even the Treaty of Olympus. Such a grandiose discovery garnered the attention of many, and many flocked to pillage Helepolian chambers.
Much like the navis-nobilite, or the cult-mechanicus, Helepolian’s children stood defiant in the face of he-upon-terra, resisting the assaults of the Xth astartes legion. When he-upon-terra loosed his custodian guard into Helepolian, those within the great forge detonated charges within multiple reactors, scattering irreplaceable ancient industrial works into the void - rendered worthless - molten slag.
The Helepolian-Covenant was signed, and the great Helepolian gifted the imperium treasures unseen, and - in time- the great reconstruction began.
Now, it is the 33rd millennium, the body-twisters have plagued us for years. Not one inch of our hallowed ground is given freely - without blood, and death. Blood and bodies are currency to be spent, all in service of repelling the great enemy. The degenerate, godless, Xeno-spawn Thurgth’Tang.
The Imperium has returned, in service of the godling Volnoscere…
Perhaps he might offer us aid.”
-Attributed to the personal vox-records of Field-Captain Sciron “Blackfish” Medu of The 207th Geneclad Lancers.
-Dated 820.M33.
-Recovered 837.M33
[[VOX-RECORD-END]]
-
-
The first Helepolian war dated approximately 838.M33, twenty-two years prior to the “official” beginning of the War of the False Primarch, dated 860.M33.
Current lore musings from myself regarding this particular war, plus the wonderful lore snippets from Edd Ralph label this war as the largest conflict of its time, no doubt eclipsed by the brewing civil war on the horizon. During this conflict, as stated by Edd, The chapters Firebreak and Jade Talons reveal themselves to be supporting Volnsocere, gutting a significant section of** Battlefleet Morqub**.
So, I’m laying foundations for the first Helepolian war in which the Partisan-Legion takes control of the ancient and indisputably powerful forge-world of Helepolian and her neighboring tithe-worlds.
The primary non-imperial belligerents of this war are the void-spawned Xeno race Thurgth’Tang, however with the combined might of numerous Astartes chapters and imperial elements, the race is swiftly exterminated over the course of a number of years.
This military coup enacted by the Firebreak and Jade Talons will be the closing actions of this war.
Edited by Gamiel

Appreciated!

In related news, I think we can assume the colours of FW Avarice are ochre / very light orange, white and black judging from the pics in  the IA: Firebreak?

Hey mate, I'm the author behind FW Avarice and Firebreak and it's a good assumption to make there. Officially they are seen to use those colours but one thing I'll point out is there more clandestine method's. There's nothing to say that there are groups 'hired' by the world that bear their own colours. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have for them mate