Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood Angels DoR - 3k

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Fangbanger

Fangbanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,184 posts
  • Faction: The 12th
Hey gang

I've been out of the Heresy for a while but looking to jump back in and would love thoughts on this:

-----------------------------------
Day of revelations - 3k

Hq:
Preator - Blade of Perdition, AA, Digital lasers, Iron Halo, Jump pack, MB

Damocles command Rhino

Elites:
3 x Apoth - Jump packs, Power sword

10 x Dawnbreakers - Blade of perdition, spears, MB's

5 x Cataphractii - All c.fists,
- Dreadclaw DT

Troops:
15 x Assault marines - Combat shields, P.fist, 3x P.axe

15 x Assault marines - Melta bombs, P.fist, 3x P.axe

15 x Assault marines - P.fist, 3x P.axe

Fast Attack:
Javelin - Cyclone ML, MM, 2x HK Missile

Javelin - Cyclone ML, MM, 2x HK Missile

Heavy Support:
Sicaran Arcus - AC, Skyspear warheads

Sicaran Venator - AC

Sicaran Venator - AC

---------------------------------

Pretty straight forward. The trouble I have is the core is going to be the preator, rhino, apoths, dawnbreakers, termies and javs. After this, it's just a case of having some ground forces (with the javs) to back the rhino up and lay down some shooting turn 1. Will what I have work? Is it better to just go all in on the drop and just hope the rhino makes it?

If you have a better idea for a ground force that can threaten turn 1 then I'm all ears.

I'd love a fire raptor and/or a levi, but points are so tight running 3 assault squads and the breakers. Plus everyone used to run levis and i'm guessing still do so nice to be a little different.

Thanks for checking!

Edited by Fangbanger, 26 August 2021 - 01:57 AM.

I done a space Wolves plog......http://www.bolterand...ngers-of-fenris
I done a world eaters plog.........http://www.bolterand...ld-eaters-plog/

MichaelCarmine

MichaelCarmine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 122 posts

To be fair, i do not play Blood Angels myself, though i like writing lists with them since i'm a big AC fan =]

If you want more DS security, you could try and fit some relatifely cheap, scoring Recon Squads with NuncioVox giving you aditional 12" no scatter bubbles.

Also, you get special rules in your RoW for firing after dropping. You don't seem to use this at all.

So why not include one or two Squads of Angels Tears with ACs, for example? Just 5 man, 5 ACs, 20 Shots with Pinning - for about 200pts.

And as a bonus, they offer a nice buff in melee, when combi-charging with your Assault Squads.

Also,also - a pair of Inferno Pistols in some of the Assault Squads would work well, i think. With pinpoint dropping, the short range shouldnt be a big Problem =]

...from what i've seen on the field so far at least. ^^

Edited by MichaelCarmine, 30 August 2021 - 02:29 PM.

Death Korps of Krieg
Horus Heresy: Raven Guard, Vlka Fenryka, Imperial Guard/Militia
Warhammer 40.000: Raven Guard, Space Wolves, Imperial Guard (Death Korps of Krieg & Tanith First and Only)
Anima Tactics: Wissenschaft, Empire, Azur Alliance, Church, Samael

Fangbanger

Fangbanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,184 posts
  • Faction: The 12th
Great thanks dude. I like the idea of Angel's tears. Maybe scouts could be a good shout too
I done a space Wolves plog......http://www.bolterand...ngers-of-fenris
I done a world eaters plog.........http://www.bolterand...ld-eaters-plog/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users