Support for my custodes

Ulfast

Hello. I´m wondering to bring in some need support for my custodes and I need your help. What I need is someone that can hold my backfield and take care of my objectives. I´m thinking to eather use 3 units of tempestus scions with a leader or 3 unit of sister of silence. What do you think or do you have any other option? 

I see both postive and negative things for each choice. I love the minatures for the sister of silence and they are not so much used and together with some psychic protection (with both Thousand sons and Grey knights with new codexes) is needed. But the are a small bit more expensive in points, to buy for real money and they are elite chose so no objective secure.

They scions also have lovely miniatures, are a bit cheaper to buy and are troops, which is nice. But they are a littlle bit weaker in surviabilty and miss some intersting strats.

For the record, both the SoS and scions, I´m thinking to use 3 units of 5 models in each. 

So what is your thoughts? I have a hard time to chose which units to get.

The Sisters will be a bit more durable, but less flexible. They can only walk around the board.

Scions have deepstrike, which is worth a lot. You won't actually have to deploy them, but can bring them down turn 2 when you golden boys have pushed forward. Or drop them in your opponents backfield.

I love both SoS and Scions, but the latter will give you way more utility. And with the strat support from the Guard codex and PA even a small unit can be pretty annoying to deal with.

Edited by sairence

What about battle forged? With the Talons of the Emperor you have no disadvantages with your Custodes. Especially against Thousand Sons, the Sisters of Silence are better. And you can still take an assassin with you.

Custodes have no all-army bonus at the moment, neither does Guard. All it costs you is 2CP for a patrol detachment to put the Scions in. And 180p for the 1HQ and 3 5-man squads.

I'm dubious about how valuable the Sisters actually are against psychic opponents. It's an 18" bubble of -1 and on units you want to have in the back to hold your objectives. Whenever I tried them, they were out of range or the aura wasn't large enough. Or it was fairly simple to remove them. I really want them to be useful in their stated role, but I haven't found an angle for that yet.

Now, if they had some characters...

Edited by sairence