Secondary objective questions.

Dominoris

I just want to make sure I am reading this right.  First off, when an objective has a unit performing an action, can that unit do anything else?

Take for example, Retrieve Octarius Data.  A unit can start the action at the end of your movement phase and the action is completed at the end of your turn.  Can the unit taking the action fire in the shooting phase?

Second, can I do more than one action per turn.  If so, can I do the same action more than once.  Again, assuming Retrieve Octarius Data, can I do two table quarters at once? 

Normally, a unit doing an action cannot do other things like shoot. There are strategems to override that in singular instances though.

And each "action," based secondary has different rules, so read each one for specifics.

For example, multiple units can raise banners on different objectives, but only one unit can conduct ROD for you in angiven turn.

It's inthe rulebook:

If a unit is destroyed, makes a Normal Move, Advances, Falls Back, attempts to manifest a psychic power, declares a charge, performs a Heroic Intervention or makes any attacks with ranged weapons after it has started to perform an action but before that action is completed, that action is failed. Otherwise, that action is successfully completed. 

Yes, the unit can do whatever it likes after starting the action, however doing any of the things listed above will cause that action to fail. Specific stratagems and abilities allow units to do other things when performing actions without that action failing.