Infernal Master - how many pacts per turn?

Ichar

My regular opponent and I were having a disagreement regarding the Infernal Master pacts. How many pacts can he perform in a turn? I read it that he knows 2 and can use one. If he takes the relic, he knows three pacts but can still only cast one. My opponents says that he knows 2, can cast 2, and can know and cast a third with the relic. What do you think? I really think the wording could have been clearer on the data sheet.

To me the rule reads clear, he knows two (or three with the relic) and he can make one each command phase, otherwise it would say he can make ‘each pact he knows’, not ‘a pact he knows’.

Agreed. Thanks for the answer. I just wish they would be a bit more concise on things like this.

Thing it, the book doesn't say how many times the Master can attempt to perform "a pact he knows", so I fully understand the confusion. The only restriction on making pacts is that it has to be one that has not been attempted so far this turn. Compare that with a Chaplain which says : "the model can recite one litany..."

It can really be read both ways, but I agree rules as intended is one pact per turn - which actually makes the armour pointless.