Dreadclaw possessed bomb?

lansalt

Unless I'm mistaken I think that FW Dreadclaws do not have the 5 man limitation for Possessed, and since it can now arrive T1 seems like a good way to move a 10 man unit with extra character support into the face of the enemy.

Is this viable? Has someone tested this?

It could work, yes, and you could put a Biologus putrifier with them, and even a HQ !

...But the main problem remains : we don't have any way to improve charge rolls, and 10 possessed + characters + Dreadclaw is a 500pts investment that would probably fail miserably the 9 inches charge... Even with a reroll it is something like 45% chance of succes...

While I haven’t tried it with the claw (as I don’t have one, yet) I have been running them in a drill with a Putrifier (w/arch) and a Blightspawn. I try to keep my lord and Tallyman close, giving them 40 attacks, hitting on 2’s, re-roll 1’s, wounding on 3’s, re-roll all wounds, and MWs on 6’s. In one turn I took out 2x10 orc units and 3 off his biker. Then he couldn’t charge cuz of the Blightspawn and I had cast miasma on them, easy MVP unit for me.

I’ve been wanting to summon a Poxbringer, I think that and putrescent vitality could put them over the top. Maybe too much, but I still want to try.