Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upcoming BL Stuff

• Please log in to reply
3207 replies to this topic

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,421 posts
Nick Horth has got a short story based on Vigilus in this months white dwarf. Nick has been absolutely superb in writing Age of Sigmar fiction and I for one am delighted he has at started on 40k fiction. It’s a space marine dakka dakka story which isn’t overly original or playing to Nicks strengths, but a good enough little story given the limited length he had to work with.
I’m enjoying the Vigilus fluff at the moment and reading the campaign book which is great so it’s nice to see it move into story form. Hopefully we get more from Nick, would love to see him tackle Dark Eldar or raiders, his elven pirates have been brilliant.
Also great to see short fiction appearing in white dwarf, hopefully it becomes a monthly thing. And if any other WD subscribers are out there, how friggin cool is the new cover for subscribers?? Lovely art.
  • DarkChaplain and Roomsky like this

Apothecary Vaddon

Apothecary Vaddon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,344 posts
  • Faction: n/a, don't do TT

HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHH SHADOWBREAKER

• Reyner likes this

Master Ciaphas

Master Ciaphas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,422 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Hail

I will second Requiem Infernal as one of the 2019 “must reads”. I finished Fire Caste the other day, having binge read all his shorts during Christmas. Peter Fehervari’s Dark Coil series is utterly amazing. It ought to have it’s very own thread. Now, if I just could get my mitts on “The Thirteenth Psalm” without having to buy the entire Inferno anthology vol. I I’d be well pleased...

Regards,
Master Ciaphas
  • DarkChaplain likes this

Never Forget, Never Forgive

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpghmpEPhP.pngIvRHEXT.png

hopkins

hopkins

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 913 posts

brace yourselves!

https://twitter.com/...096959647473664

@wraightc

It's been very quiet here. But that's because I've been VERY BUSY. Vaults of Terra: The Hollow Mountain is currently with BL's finest interrogator-editors. Watchers of the Throne II now underway. Also, expect something else in late 2019...

Edited by hopkins, 09 January 2019 - 09:49 PM.

• cheywood, Tymell, Kelborn and 3 others like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,302 posts
Noice
  • Xisor likes this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,421 posts
Brilliant can’t wait on that one. Vaults of Terra particularly the Crowl and Spinoza book have been top class reads.
  • Xisor likes this

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,425 posts

Dare one hope Siege of Terra novel as the late 2019 release? As far as we heard Chris was not doing the opening trilogy so probably it is something else.

Seems like Watchers of the Throne II might still make it out this year as well, that would be a surprise.

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,930 posts

Wouldn't at all mind a Mortarion Primarchs novel from him, or a Lords of Silence sequel.

• Reldn, Knockagh, Tymell and 1 other like this

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,477 posts
So Carrion Throne 2 and Emperor's Legion 2...really good news

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,391 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?
Dang it. Just when I thought my wallet could rest for a while. Sorry, bud.

And hell yeah to more stuff by Chris!

*holds breath*
I dare to hope for Blood of Asaheim 3 but it'll most likely be something different.
  • cheywood likes this

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,421 posts

Wouldn't at all mind a Mortarion Primarchs novel from him, or a Lords of Silence sequel.

A Mortarion book by Chris would indeed be welcome.

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,240 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion

Cannot wait for Shadowbreaker :D almost Emperors Legion 1 on Audible and thought it was excellent so looking forward to the sequel. 

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 763 posts

Dang it. Just when I thought my wallet could rest for a while. Sorry, bud.

And hell yeah to more stuff by Chris!

*holds breath*
I dare to hope for Blood of Asaheim 3 but it'll most likely be something different.

I had that same thought, but based on his twitter he’s still trying to find time for the Wolves. Seems pretty confident it’ll happen eventually at least. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Source: https://mobile.twitt...095297931309056

Edited by cheywood, 10 January 2019 - 01:26 PM.

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,391 posts

Yeah, I know but one might hope. ;)

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,457 posts
So let me get this straight...in 2019 we know for sure or with good probability that BL will be releasing:

Abnett - Anarch, Penitent
ADB - Emperor's Spears
Farrer - Urdesh
Fehervari - Requiem Infernal
French - SoT: The Solar War, third Horusian Wars book
Wraight - Carrion Throne: The Hollow Mountain, Watchers of the Throne II

What an absolutely vintage year for BL this is shaping up to be. The golden age is back
  • Petitioner's City likes this

mr.crusader

mr.crusader

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts

And don't forget about Steve Parker's Deathwath: Shadowbreaker! 

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,457 posts

And don't forget about Steve Parker's Deathwath: Shadowbreaker!

Only Steve Parker I have read was Gunheads and that was pretty damn good. Seeing a lot of excitement over this new Deathwach book so maybe I should check out the first one?

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,147 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Haven't read anything from Steve Parker yet but I'm looking forward to a story with T'au that's not from Kelly so I'm definitely going to get that one.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

mr.crusader

mr.crusader

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts

Seeing a lot of excitement over this new Deathwach book so maybe I should check out the first one?

Absolutely! Its one of the best 40k novels I've read thus far.

• caladancid and Orwell84 like this

No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,421 posts
Also likely to get another batch of novellas, more primarch books, the audio Our Martyred Lady, Celestine Is mere days away and an unknown I’m looking forward to called Honourbound.
2019 is indeed a time of wonder. Will I speak to my wife and kids at all this year?? Will I have time?? Can my eyes and ears take the number of words that are ahead? Will my business survive??
It will be hard though to top emperors spears, it being a 2018 release.... boom boom
2019 here we come!! Woop Woop 🙌

Edit: Removed reference to current real-world events.

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 22 February 2019 - 10:05 PM.

• DarkChaplain likes this

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 809 posts
I'll definitely be picking up Celestine in a week. Andy Clark is one of my favorite new authors, and I loved Shroud of Night and how Celestine in that book.
  • Dumah and Knockagh like this
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,174 posts

So let me get this straight...in 2019 we know for sure or with good probability that BL will be releasing:

Abnett - Anarch, Penitent
ADB - Emperor's Spears
Farrer - Urdesh
Fehervari - Requiem Infernal
French - SoT: The Solar War, third Horusian Wars book
Wraight - Carrion Throne: The Hollow Mountain, Watchers of the Throne II

What an absolutely vintage year for BL this is shaping up to be. The golden age is back

Has Urdesh been confirmed for this annum?
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,391 posts
Urdesh was the Iron Snakes novel, right?

I was wondering about its release.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,457 posts
Hmmm well Urdesh has not been confirmed as far as I know BUT... I "spoke" to Matthew Farrer on Twitter and it is well advanced but issues in his personal life have impacted on his ability to get it finished before now.

And yes it was originally supposed to be a Space Marine Battles book focused on the Iron Snakes and the war for Urdesh (spanning the time period of of both Warmaster and Anarch).
  • Xisor, Petitioner's City and Preliminary Bombardment like this

Orwell84

Orwell84

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 107 posts

Seeing a lot of excitement over this new Deathwach book so maybe I should check out the first one?

Absolutely! Its one of the best 40k novels I've read thus far.

Wouldn't go that far myself happy.png but the novel and two shorts are definitely worth the read. The novel's especially chilling in how the genestealer cult takes over the planet and ensnares ordinary citizens (and uses fertile women as Alien-style incubators). My only gripe - and this is common to all Deathwatch or multi-chapter stories - is that IMHO the First Founding is overrepresented. A DW story with only Third Founding or later chapters would be a refreshing novelty.

‘Do I refuse?’ said Perturabo, and his voice was a roll of thunder in the bright air. ‘My Legion bleeds. We bleed for our oaths and loyalty. On a hundred worlds we bleed and do not break. Do I refuse? My answer is written in the blood of the dead, in the iron of their veins poured into the mud as we do the will of the Warmaster. Do I refuse? No, emissary, but I feel the weight of the butcher’s bill you hand to me.’

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users