Announcement: Orktoberfest 2021

toaae

gallery_48988_17142_197253.png

+++ORKTOBERFEST 2021+++

Orktober 1st through Nobvember 30th

Listen up, ya gitz!

Orktoberfest 2021 is the inaugural event hosted in the Orks sub-forum, designed to boost the greenskin presence in the Bolter and Chainsword, foster community growth, and just get some more of Gork and Mork's finest painted.

The goal is simple: paint something Orky in the timeframe and share it on these hallowed boards.

Da Rules:

• Start Date: Orktober 1st (if ya can't figure out when dat is, ask a nob to knock ya upside yer 'ead)
  • End Date: Nobvember 30th, all day for all time-zones
  • Make a post in the event thread in the Orks sub-forum detailing your pledge, with a picture.
  • A pledge may be any single model, unit, or group of units, so long as they are either unpainted at the start of the event, or have no more than a single color basecoat.
  • When the pledge is complete, make another post in the event thread including a picture of the finished pledge.

And that's it! You may make as many pledges as you want, even adding more in as the event goes.

Da Spoilz

For making a pledge, you may place this badge in your signature:
gallery_48988_17142_38421.png

Those who complete their pledge will be awarded the following badges:

A Boy - for completing any pledge
gallery_48988_17142_19152.png

A Nob - for completing any pledge, of 300 points or more (across all pledges)
gallery_48988_17142_13912.png

And for the git that pledges for, and completes, the most points, they will have the honor of donning Da Boss badge:
gallery_48988_17142_22306.png

What now?

Orks are primed to receive their largest wave of new models in decades, so get to clipping, cleaning, and assembling those bad boys. Develop those schemes. Choose your clans. And get ready for

ORKTOBERFEST

Event Host's note: This is my first event, and I've purposefully chosen to keep it rather simple. The hope is that we get some more pictures of Ork models painted on the B&C, maybe some fresh traffic in the Ork sub-forum, and in future years I can expand it with more badges and other things. I just couldn't miss the opportunity to get an event going with all the new models coming!