GK 2000 (Magic and Metal)

Skywrath

Came up with what appears to be my default GK list. There is some consideration to run this list in the tournament. Thoughts?

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [58 PL, -1CP, 1,020pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Brotherhood: Rapiers

Detachment Command Cost

+ HQ +

Brother-Captain [8 PL, -1CP, 150pts]: 3: Unyielding Anvil, 4: First to the Fray, 5: Warp Shaping, Exemplar of the Silver Host, Foretelling of Locus, Master-crafted storm bolter, Warlord
. Nemesis Daemon Hammer: Nemesis Daemon Hammer

Lord Kaldor Draigo [10 PL, 180pts]: 1: Gate of Infinity, 2: Empyric Amplification, 4: Vortex of Doom

+ Troops +

Strike Squad [6 PL, 110pts]
. 4x Grey Knight (Sword): 4x Nemesis Force Sword, 4x Storm Bolter
. Grey Knight Justicar
. . Nemesis Force Halberd

+ Elites +

Brotherhood Apothecary [6 PL, 100pts]: 3: Sanctuary, Sigil of Exigence
. Nemesis Force Halberd

+ Fast Attack +

Interceptor Squad [14 PL, 240pts]
. Interceptor (Halberd)
. 8x Interceptor (Sword): 8x Nemesis Force Sword, 8x Storm Bolter
. Interceptor Justicar

Interceptor Squad [14 PL, 240pts]
. Interceptor (Halberd)
. 8x Interceptor (Sword): 8x Nemesis Force Sword, 8x Storm Bolter
. Interceptor Justicar

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [53 PL, 10CP, 980pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Brotherhood: Preservers

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

+ HQ +

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [11 PL, 225pts]: 1: Gate of Infinity, 3: Sanctuary, A Noble Death, Dreadfist, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword

+ Troops +

Brotherhood Terminator Squad [24 PL, 420pts]
. Grey Knight Terminator Justicar
. 7x Terminator (Halberd): 7x Nemesis Force Halberd, 7x Storm Bolter
. 2x Terminator (Warding Stave): 2x Nemesis Warding Stave, 2x Storm Bolter

+ Heavy Support +

Nemesis Dreadknight [9 PL, 175pts]: Dreadfist, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword

Nemesis Dreadknight [9 PL, 160pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadfist, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon

++ Total: [111 PL, 9CP, 2,000pts] ++

Secondaries - Teleport Assault ,Grind/Wound one I am forgetting and whatever I'm against. This list plays primarily aggressively - with Kaldor, BC, One Interceptor Squad, and the 10m terminator blob in deepstrike - making full use of the Teleport Assault secondary. I could take the purifying ritual as well if I need to. The 3 GMNDK/NDK make the anvil, with the apothecary and the interceptors perched on a point. NDKs advance up the board (or move if you got second) to contest the closest point and then charge the unit to grab engage. Reinforce weak points with the 10m interceptor squad in reserve, and contest the weakest point on the enemy side with Kaldor/BC/Terminators. Apothecary has Sigil, so I don't have to waste a GOI cast on him and that he can reinforce the terminators.

Some considerations - One NDK will be armed with two dreadfists because of points, and because of that's how he's modelled - same with the all GMNDKS and psilencers/psycannons. Brotherhood selection is an interesting one - With the NDK detachment I could go swordbearers or preservers - I went with preservers due to the NDK having a 6+ FNP to make them that extra bit durable. Obviously with the terminators benefiting from that power - they don't need the rapiers extra attacks. The second detachment I'm eyeing Prescient or Blades of Victory so I can start off in convergence faster and saving me 2CP on the BC.

Cant really go wrong with 3 dreadknights. :)

As for my opinion I think 20 interceptors is a bit too much. I would look at just taking 15 and using 2 five man squads to push objectices and 1 squad for counter punch.

As for the Terminators i would look to drop them and take 2 five strikes squad and then maybe a 5 man paladin squad.

With the left over pts you should be able to get your dreadknights fitted witb better cc weapons.

I have found the grey knight secondaries to be very situational and in most situations traps. I would look to build around the book secondaries when coming up with a list.

I have played about 15 games with the new dex and have played agianst admech, new orks, drukari, guard, spac wolves, dark angels, and ultra marines. We have some really solid builds and i dont really feel like you will have trouble winning games with your current list i just would suggest some those tweaks.

Cant really go wrong with 3 dreadknights. :smile.:

As for my opinion I think 20 interceptors is a bit too much. I would look at just taking 15 and using 2 five man squads to push objectices and 1 squad for counter punch.

As for the Terminators i would look to drop them and take 2 five strikes squad and then maybe a 5 man paladin squad.

With the left over pts you should be able to get your dreadknights fitted witb better cc weapons.

I have found the grey knight secondaries to be very situational and in most situations traps. I would look to build around the book secondaries when coming up with a list.

I have played about 15 games with the new dex and have played agianst admech, new orks, drukari, guard, spac wolves, dark angels, and ultra marines. We have some really solid builds and i dont really feel like you will have trouble winning games with your current list i just would suggest some those tweaks.

Do you think so? I had my first game with mostly PAGK units and I have to say, I really don't like the feel of them - they die far too quick. Plus I only have 30 strikes/purifiers/interceptors, so I can't add more PAGK to the list. I found terminators survive, which is what I want, but perhaps I'm too used to playing terminators/paladin bombs from 8th edition. Do you rely on DS often?

Dreadknights are also modelled like that, but I'll see if I can find 15 pts so I can find a sword on eBay and glue that instead of the double fists. Fully agree with the grey knight secondaries - however I found a way to reliably score both teleport assault and GOI. However as I haven't touched my Grey Knights in a bit, I kept forgetting to get that secondary, like today's game demonstrated. Purifying Ritual is something that I feel can be scored easily, but with my playstyle in mind, it might score Teleport Assault more easily than the alternative.