Returning to The Game 2k Space Wolves Successor List

Lord Blackwood

So after nearly a year of not playing thanks to the way the worlds been as of late , I have a game penciled in once my friend and I  finish a few units were racing to get done. 

The enemy will be Death Guard  and I think instead of Imperial Knights I  will be bringing my wolves to the table. 

Here is the list that I have in mind it is based off some of the powerful lists ive been reading about but with a few different things tossed in to better suit my collection. 

+++ Return Game Dreadwolves (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [99 PL, 6CP, 2,000pts] +++

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Space Wolves) [98 PL, 6CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**: Born Heroes , Custom Chapter, Space Wolves Successor, Whirlwind of Rage

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +

A Trophy Bestowed [-1CP]

Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics

+ HQ +

Chapter Master [8 PL, -1CP, 155pts]: Chapter Command:  Chapter Master, Frost Weapon, Hunter, Jump Pack, Lightning Claw (Pair), Stratagem: Warrior of Legend, The Imperium's Sword, Warlord

Primaris Librarian [5 PL, -1CP, 95pts]: 2. Murderous Hurricane, 4. Instincts Awoken, Rites of War, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, The Armour of Russ

Primaris Techmarine [5 PL, 100pts]: Chapter Command:  Master of the Forge

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]
. 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
. Incursor Sergeant

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]
. 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
. Incursor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 120pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant: Thunder hammer

+ Elites +

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [10 PL, 175pts]
. 4x Bladeguard Veteran: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted power sword, 4x Storm Shield
. Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Heavy Bolt Pistol

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, -1CP, 150pts]: 2x Twin volkite culverin

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, -1CP, 165pts]
. Dreadnought melee weapon: Dreadnought combat weapon, Storm bolter
. Twin lascannon

Wolf Guard [7 PL, 150pts]: Jump Pack
. Wolf Guard: Lightning Claw, Storm shield
. Wolf Guard: Power fist, Storm shield
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Power fist, Storm shield

Wolf Guard [7 PL, 185pts]: Jump Pack
. Wolf Guard: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

+ Fast Attack +

Cyberwolves [1 PL, 15pts]: Cyberwolf

Cyberwolves [1 PL, 15pts]: Cyberwolf

+ Heavy Support +

Eradicator Squad [7 PL, 155pts]: Heavy melta rifle
. Eradicator
. Eradicator Sgt
. Eradicator with MM: Multi-melta

+ Dedicated Transport +

Impulsor [7 PL, 125pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Shield Dome

edits:1

Edited by Lord Blackwood

Look pretty good overall although maybe a bit light on heavy firepower. Still, there is plenty there that will enjoy getting up close and personal with the foes. I do have a couple of queries though.

1. What is the purpose of the Chapter Master upgrade in this context? Most of your units will be hitting on 2s in melee and so will be getting full rerolls from his normal Captain aura. I don't see any big firepower units looking for full rerolls. Lastly, Lightning Claws seem a bit underpowered. Maybe replace with a Thunder hammer or spend an extra CP to upgrade them to Frost Claws.

2. If you can spare a few points somewhere, upgrading him to a Primaris Librarian is a steal for +1W and +1A.

3. Heavy Melta Rifles and Multimelta are better for the Eradicators. There seriously increase their firepower and we have "Keen Senses" to negate the penalty for moving a firing Heavy Weapons.

If you drop the Chapter Master upgrade, that should give you points for some or all of the above changes.

Chapter Master upgrade for re-rolls is uncredible, though I would replace with a Master of Sanctity Primaris Chaplain on Bike with The Vox Espiritum, and Wise Orator Warlord trait. This will give a fast moving 9” re-roll hits aura 2+, add in Canticle of Hate for extra Charge Range, and Exhortation of Rage when you have good Charge Ranges to add +1 to wound. In the Assault Doctrine re-roll everything that isn’t a 6, you will hit more times than you swung, all 6s will count as three hits. With Lightning Claws extra hits and re-rolls to wound they are a great use for the Savage Strike Stratagem if they took extra charge range from the Chaplain.

To add Mathhammer to the mix:

Say you have 5x Lighnting Claw and Storm Shield Vanguard Vets.

That is 21 attacks, 5x (2 attacks base +1 Charge + 1 Lightning Claw)+ 1 sarge

Out of 21 attacks that is 3.5 6s, we’ll round down to 3x 6s. Re-roll the remaining 18 dice to get 3x more 6s, and three 1s. That is 18 hits, 6x of which are 6s. Those 6x 6s count as three hits for 18 hits plus the 12 remaining hits for 30 hits.

Even Lightning Claws can get wounds through with that weight of Dice.

I live doing this on Bladeguard Vets and Assault Intercessors, Assault Intercessors are most fun with a ThunderHammer on the Sarge, coupled with the attack twice Stratagem.