The Mazer Rackham Studio Press Presents:
++ Index Astartes: Scions of Gehenna ++
"Rogal Dorn, The Imperial Fist, my Son...you have failed. You did not save me from Horus...now you cannot save your Legion...and more - you cannot save the Imperium..."
The Primarch was awake in a moment. Dark dreams clouded his mind, even as black warplate adorned his flesh. His vision was shattered – his own sons lying broken and scattered across the wasteland of the Iron Cage. The Iron Warriors would suffer for it. His kin would avenge. They would scourge the traitors from the galaxy, as would all his sons, until the end of humanity itself.
Whether they were a Legion or not.
The old Scions of Gehenna can be found here: http://www.bolterand...enna/?p=3185510 in the dim and distant past of these hallowed halls. I thought it was time to try and dust them off and update them a bit. I'm going to try and keep the new version true to their roots, but with an updated focus on the squad level, since really this IA is in support of a DW RPG character or two.
- Founded as the Legiones Ducemus Ferrum (High Hothic) by the 116th Writ of Succession by the High Lords, form Imperial Fist Genestock.
- Cognomen: The Iron Dukes Legion
- Founding date: 052.M32 (3rd Founding)
- Did not attend the summons in 544.M32 to attend the “Last Wall Protocol”
- Reason for Founding: Standing Force, Chaos Incursion Countermeasure.
- Geneseed Purity: New Generation (an attempt to correct Sus-An Membrane deficiency – failed, both Betchers’ Gland and Sus-An Membrane do not function).
- Chapter Demeanour: Cleanse and Purify
- Chapter Flaw: Faith in Suspicion – The Scions of Gehenna (The Gehinnom) do not trust the Ecclesiarchy, since the Incident of Glass and Darkness in 209.M36.
- Chapter RPG Characteristic Modifiers: +5 BS, +5 Willpower
- Figure of Legend: Chapter Master Renthus Draekor, lost in the warp 092.M33
- Homeworld: Aridenus Secundus (Civilised, Urban but now Post apocalyptic, Feudal)
- Homeworld Relationship: Stewardship
- Organisation: Divergent (Inception) Unique (Current)
- Specific Chapter Wargear: Modified Throne Pattern Shotgun
A reinforced Astartes Shotgun, or a fully automatic Astartes Assault variant, the Throne and its ammunition is simpler to manufacture than Boltguns and Bolt shells. As supplies dwindled during the final years of the Great Siege, desperate times called for equally desperate measures, and the Throne was issued to Brethren in place of the holy Bolter as stocks dwindled through attrition.
- Combat Doctrine: Siege and Urban Warfare Operation Specialists
- Chapter Belief System: Revere the Primarch (Rogal Dorn)
- Chapter Friends: Adeptus Mechanicus (Ordo Centurio Ordinatus Gehenna)
- Chapter Enemies: Iron Warriors, The Order of the Martyred Vision of St Jaeda
- Heraldry: Non camouflage uniform of grey with single left pauldron in yellow, upon which is a black portcullis with speartips upright. In theatre, the Gehinnom wear and use camouflage appropriate to the environment, albeit mainly solid colours, so tan in the desert, green for jungle worlds or environments. In Urban environments they prefer to use either standard warplate colour or a scheme of their own devising called Berlinertarn, a three/four colour assortment of blocky lozenges (green/grey/white/brick red).
- Chapter Status: Endangered, possibly extinct.
Chaplain/Captain/Sergeants: “Serve the Emperor!”
All: “We do so ‘ere Gehenna comes!”
There are a lot of additions to come to this, thanks mainly to the Deathwatch: Rites of Battle book, the Chapter started life as a siege breaker arm of the Imperial Fist line, but diverged as things went on. The Chapter’s homeworld is currently swamped by the Cicatrix, so no Primaris Marines as reinforcements, no Indomitus Crusade, no Ultima Founding. This is strictly Old SchoolTM - especially as the hideously conceived and mangled German (for which I apologise to our native speakers) of "Berlinertarn" above is basically this:
I plan to have the Chapter with a standing roster of something like a reinforced company, since the Chapter would have operatives on the fleet, in transit, taking up arms elsewhere on a crusade etc. They’ll essentially be arranged into ad-hoc squads along Deathwatch lines.
The original IA is now nearly ten years old, so plenty of things could have happened to them in universe for them to end up like this, but I plan on having the Chapter in decline from about M.36 (maybe) onward when the Ecclesiarchy blew up most of their homeworld...
Anyway, that’s it for now, thanks for looking!
Edited by Mazer Rackham, 03 October 2021 - 03:49 PM.