Skywrath's Grey Knights - 4th brotherhood

Skywrath

Starting this thread, just to keep tabs on my painting. Not the best of painting, but hey, I suppose in a year or two from now I'll be looking at this and thinking - man did I consider that paintjob good back then, haha! First up on my list - got a few paladins coming up! 

Edited by Skywrath

Lol you didn’t start a build log previously….for shame. Good thing we have the WIP thread to find your previous models ;)

Lol you didn’t start a build log previously….for shame. Good thing we have the WIP thread to find your previous models ;)

I'm struggling to understand which way to read this honestly..

• 4 weeks later...

So after repainting this wonderful beastick of a character at least three times, I can finally say I am proud for what I achieved. I also replaced his sword with the one from the paladins and added the book on top of his banner (as the old one looked too low res). He's also my first Grey Knight that is shaded! Presenting - the Supreme Grand Master himself - Lord (yes titles are important!) Kaldor Draigo!

"We did not know where the warrior had come from. We felt the haze of warp translation, but no teleportation signature, no cipher-sending from the fleet. He bore a panoply that, had I now known better, would have marked him in my eyes as a Grand Master. But we did not know his face, but we knew his aura. We saw his intent, though, when he cleaved through the chaos spawn we fought. With the brother at our side - aye, I name him brother - we cast down the insane prophet and banished those he had summoned. Yet with the sealing of the portal, our brother spirit was pulled from our sight. To this day I do not know who he was."

- Attributed to Brother He'nemann, the Cleansing of Jostero.

I43owDB.jpg
r0larfi.jpg
7AbAUmp.jpg
ll6o0Am.jpg
jHNv9gy.jpg
Edited by Skywrath

• 2 months later...

Finally mustered some motivation to play my Grey Knights and with some encouragement from @Angrom, here are the newest generation of my Grey Knights and their conversions! Definitely my finest work yet, now to painting them..

Disclaimer: yes they are primaris, but they still look distinctly like Grey Knights.

Castellan Crowe from Hexfire

Cs74o2x.jpg

Brotherhood Apothecary

FCavg0Y.jpg
uzrrTnf.jpg
9GsqpC5.jpg
uDIQUcJ.jpg

Brotherhood Ancient 

jA2gLgY.jpg
b8sbNVl.jpg
PxnBTT5.jpg
PoDDDQF.jpg

Brother-Captain Ionarr Grud (yes, in lore he's depicted with a hammer, but in this case, he's armed with falchions)

6AuRJXu.jpg
WqU47wY.jpg
yKAS7gh.jpg
NBcvf4W.jpg

Brother-Captain and Terminator Squad

eePmD8O.jpg
Edited by Skywrath

Very nice. Ancient is my favourite.

One slight critique though. Its always worth taking a tad more time removing parts from the sprue, and ensuring all sprue connection points are cut/shaved/sanded off.

I've taken aboard that suggestion, however due to me not doing that step before I painted the torso, the results ended up worse. Because I shaved the mouldline on the arm that was already pained, when I went over it with stormhost silver (as you know it's a very thin color), the color was distinctly different and the arm ended up looking patchy, distorted and frankly two-tone. Because of this, I had to remove his arm, but luckily for me I had an identical arm to give him. Just waiting on the shoulderpad to arrive next week and I can paint that separately. 

That being said, I should really pick up some greenstuff and some files - never worked with that before, would help make the conversions smoother.

Very fine work:thumbsup:

Thanks!

Looking good so far

Thanks!

Edited by Skywrath