Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Skywrath's Grey Knights - 4th brotherhood

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Skywrath

Skywrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,935 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels | Thousand Sons

Starting this thread, just to keep tabs on my painting. Not the best of painting, but hey, I suppose in a year or two from now I'll be looking at this and thinking - man did I consider that paintjob good back then, haha! First up on my list - got a few paladins coming up! 

Edited by Skywrath, 06 September 2021 - 12:32 PM.

• war009 and Helias Tancred like this

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,818 posts
  • Faction: Adepta Sororitas, Grey Knights
Lol you didn’t start a build log previously….for shame. Good thing we have the WIP thread to find your previous models ;)

Helias Tancred

Helias Tancred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,137 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels and Dark Angels

Looking forward to seeing them.

• Skywrath likes this

Eilio Tiberius on Instagram

where my hobby pics are kept .... 

Skywrath

Skywrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,935 posts

Lol you didn’t start a build log previously….for shame. Good thing we have the WIP thread to find your previous models ;)

I'm struggling to understand which way to read this honestly..

Skywrath

Skywrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,935 posts

So after repainting this wonderful beastick of a character at least three times, I can finally say I am proud for what I achieved. I also replaced his sword with the one from the paladins and added the book on top of his banner (as the old one looked too low res). He's also my first Grey Knight that is shaded! Presenting - the Supreme Grand Master himself - Lord (yes titles are important!) Kaldor Draigo!

"We did not know where the warrior had come from. We felt the haze of warp translation, but no teleportation signature, no cipher-sending from the fleet. He bore a panoply that, had I now known better, would have marked him in my eyes as a Grand Master. But we did not know his face, but we knew his aura. We saw his intent, though, when he cleaved through the chaos spawn we fought. With the brother at our side - aye, I name him brother - we cast down the insane prophet and banished those he had summoned. Yet with the sealing of the portal, our brother spirit was pulled from our sight. To this day I do not know who he was."

- Attributed to Brother He'nemann, the Cleansing of Jostero.

Spoiler

Edited by Skywrath, 03 October 2021 - 02:12 PM.

• Prot, war009, librisrouge and 2 others like this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 16,468 posts

Nice job! I like the little tweaks too. I didn't pick up the height difference until you pointed out the book. 

• Skywrath likes this
Click to see....
Posted Image
Instagram: @Prot40k

Skywrath

Skywrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,935 posts

Thanks man :)

Skywrath

Skywrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,935 posts

Finally mustered some motivation to play my Grey Knights and with some encouragement from @Angrom, here are the newest generation of my Grey Knights and their conversions! Definitely my finest work yet, now to painting them..

Disclaimer: yes they are primaris, but they still look distinctly like Grey Knights.

Castellan Crowe from Hexfire

Spoiler

Brotherhood Apothecary
Spoiler

Brotherhood Ancient 

Spoiler

Brother-Captain Ionarr Grud (yes, in lore he's depicted with a hammer, but in this case, he's armed with falchions)

Spoiler

Brother-Captain and Terminator Squad

Spoiler

Edited by Skywrath, 17 December 2021 - 12:41 PM.

• war009, Brother Lunkhead, librisrouge and 2 others like this

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,818 posts
  • Faction: Adepta Sororitas, Grey Knights
Looking good so far
  • Skywrath likes this

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

++ ANTICUS ÆSALON ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,093 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

Very fine workthumbsup.gif

• Skywrath likes this

sml_gallery_49400_16059_1314.png sml_gallery_49400_16059_25207.png sml_gallery_49400_16059_4939.jpg

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,565 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
Very nice. Ancient is my favourite.

One slight critique though. Its always worth taking a tad more time removing parts from the sprue, and ensuring all sprue connection points are cut/shaved/sanded off.
  • Skywrath likes this

Skywrath

Skywrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,935 posts

Very nice. Ancient is my favourite.

One slight critique though. Its always worth taking a tad more time removing parts from the sprue, and ensuring all sprue connection points are cut/shaved/sanded off.

I've taken aboard that suggestion, however due to me not doing that step before I painted the torso, the results ended up worse. Because I shaved the mouldline on the arm that was already pained, when I went over it with stormhost silver (as you know it's a very thin color), the color was distinctly different and the arm ended up looking patchy, distorted and frankly two-tone. Because of this, I had to remove his arm, but luckily for me I had an identical arm to give him. Just waiting on the shoulderpad to arrive next week and I can paint that separately. 

That being said, I should really pick up some greenstuff and some files - never worked with that before, would help make the conversions smoother.

Very fine workthumbsup.gif

Thanks!

Looking good so far

Thanks!

Edited by Skywrath, 18 December 2021 - 05:04 AM.

• Brother Lunkhead likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users