1K of Ultramarines Successors for a FLGS Tourney

Scrapknight

Hey all,

So I've played my first few games with this list and I was wondering both what steps to take next as I work towards 2K and if there were any suggestions for improving it as is. I like it for the most part - it's pretty balanced overall and have been able to put up a good fight despite making newbie mistakes - but I feel like it's lacking mobility which just kinda leads to some problems. Similarly, most of my heavy anti-armor is melee, which has given me some trouble against armor-heavy lists with really powerful shooting. Also my dreadnought has been shot off the table more often than I'd like, so IDK if I really need a librarian for Psychic Fortress or if it's just about being better at positioning.

I know a lot of competitive stuff has been leaning in the direction of Dreadnought spam lately but I'm not dying to just follow that route. Finally, I'd like to keep it all Primaris if at all possible, though anything I can easily enough kitbash from a Primaris model could be an option.

I also already have the following that I was thinking of including in the 2K version:

- Gravis captain w/ heavy bolt rifle

- 3-man Bladeguard Vet Squad

- Eliminator Squad

- Primaris Apothecary

- 5 more Intercessors

Basically I wanted to go in an infantry-focused direction with the Apothecary in the middle of a castle, but I just feel like I need some more mobility to help get on objectives more easily. Suggestions on that front would be appreciated too.

As for how to improve the 1K as is, objective-wise I've usually been taking Oaths of Moment, Engage on All Fronts (the Inceptors help here) and either a mission specific or something tailored to the opponent's list (Assassinate, Bring it Down, No Prisoners, etc.)

So yeah, thanks for your help! Here's my 1K list:

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Ultramarines) [48 PL, 4CP, 1,000pts] ++

+ Configuration [6CP] +

**Chapter Selector**: Born Heroes , Custom Chapter, Master Artisans, Ultramarines Successor

Battle Size [6CP]: 2. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-1000 Points)  [6CP]

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems [-1CP] +

Relics of the Chapter [-1CP]: Number of Extra Relics [-1CP]

+ HQ [11 PL, -1CP, 200pts] +

Lieutenants [5 PL, -1CP, 90pts]

. Primaris Lieutenant [5 PL, -1CP, 90pts]: Adept of the Codex, Frag & Krak grenades, Seal of Oath, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter [-1CP]

. . Neo-volkite pistol, Master-crafter power sword and Storm Shield [1 PL, 15pts]: Master-crafted power sword, Neo-volkite pistol [15pts], Storm shield

Primaris Chaplain [6 PL, 110pts]: 4. Mantra of Strength, 5. Recitation of Focus, Absolver Bolt pistol, Benediction of Fury, Chapter Command:  Master of Sanctity [1 PL, 25pts], Crozius arcanum, Frag & Krak grenades, Litany of Hate, Warlord, Wise Orator

+ Troops [15 PL, 300pts] +

Assault Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]

. 4x Assault Intercessor [76pts]: 4x Astartes Chainsword, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol

. Assault Intercessor Sgt [19pts]: Astartes Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Heavy Bolt Pistol

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 205pts]: Astartes Grenade Launcher [5pts], Bolt rifle

. 9x Intercessor [180pts]: 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Frag & Krak grenades

. Intercessor Sergeant [20pts]: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Astartes chainsword

+ Elites [15 PL, 320pts] +

Aggressor Squad [6 PL, 135pts]: 2x Aggressor [80pts], Aggressor Sergeant [40pts]

. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher [15pts]: 2x Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets, Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod [5pts], Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon [5pts], Redemptor Fist

+ Fast Attack [7 PL, 180pts] +

Inceptor Squad [7 PL, 180pts]: 2x Inceptor [80pts], Inceptor Sergeant [40pts], Plasma Exterminator x2 [60pts]

++ Total: [48 PL, 4CP, 1,000pts] ++