Which three HQs?

brother_b

Hello I’m starting a White Scars army and have so far completed a fully painted 500 point list; infantry heavy with three troop choices. We are playing a slow growth crusade campaign.

My HQ currently is a Primaris Captain with sword and relic shield.

At 2000 I believe I’ll be running a battalion with 3 HQs. I’d like to take a librarian, but can’t decide what my 3rd HQ should be.

I’ve considered lieutenants because I could take two for the single slot but a Chaplain would be amazing as well. Maybe even a second librarian, not sure really.

Thoughts from the battle brothers?

Chaplain or Lt will give you utility, it really depends on your needs and aversion to expensive HQ's.

I run an Lt all the time,expense and function being my goal. To wound reroll is great and they are not expensive.

However the multi user chaplain is a great unit as well.

Others with far more playtime will come in soon, they should have good anecdotal intel.

I say Chaplain on bike, but you are starting at 500 and working up to 2000 points. Do you have any ideas about how you plan to phase units into your list that you would like to share?

Or are you going to let the meta at this event decide what you add and when?

If you have Grey Knights or Thousand Sons players, a librarian becomes more of a hinderance than an asset. A Chaplain on bike is really good for scars.

In case you want 2 Redemptors, a Techmarine is also worth a look.

If you use the Indomitus Captain, I assume you run him with Bladeguard. I would rather put a Lt. Or Judiciar with Bladeguard and make the Captain more mobile with bike or jump pack

I say Chaplain on bike, but you are starting at 500 and working up to 2000 points. Do you have any ideas about how you plan to phase units into your list that you would like to share?

Or are you going to let the meta at this event decide what you add and when?

Great info so far, I’m definitely not chasing the meta, just using what I like. I were working up to 2000 from 500, 250 point increments. I probably have won’t have room for my third HQ until about 1500 points.

Ive posted my 500 point list over on the white scars forum. I will link it here.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/371349-the-storm-follows-us-brother-bs-white-scars/

Edited by brother_b

If you have Grey Knights or Thousand Sons players, a librarian becomes more of a hinderance than an asset. A Chaplain on bike is really good for scars.

In case you want 2 Redemptors, a Techmarine is also worth a look.

If you use the Indomitus Captain, I assume you run him with Bladeguard. I would rather put a Lt. Or Judiciar with Bladeguard and make the Captain more mobile with bike or jump pack

Great info, we have 1000 sons players. That being said, crusade doesn’t use the same secondaries so I’m not really concerned about the matched play secondary that thousand Sons used to crush other psychers.

I really want to add blade guard, not sure when they will get into the list. I’m hoping for a squad of five, and yeah a lieutenant  would be awesome with them.

The bike chaplain seems iconic, I’m really leaning towards him.

At 750 points, I’m considering adding some eradicators, and my librarian. In fact I think that’s pretty locked in stone, at 1000 points I will add a redemptor dreadnought.

after that we skip 1250, and go to 1500. At that point I hope to add my blade guard, and perhaps my third HQ.