Alternative Daemon Prince

dbrollsdice

I'm looking at using an Ogroid Myrmidon as a Word Bearers DP- cutting off the head of the spear and making it into a large debased crozius. Then the shield arm will have the shield removed and a heavy bolter put in its place as a warp bolter with some GS detailing. Strips of GS "nailed" to the back to represent wings and be Word Bearer-ie... Seems like it will be big enough to be a decent stand-in.

Until we get a new codex that doesn't include it, yes.  We are still operating under the same codex as we did in 8e, so nothing has changed in terms of wargear options.

I'm concerned that a heavy bolter would be ridiculously huge, Lord Ikka - you might want to look at cutting it down or converting some other gun (perhaps one of the primaris rifles) instead.  The cursed crosius is a good idea - any idea what you would use for the head?  As well, I assume you would use the crosius to represent the sword option?

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Until we get a new codex that doesn't include it, yes.  We are still operating under the same codex as we did in 8e, so nothing has changed in terms of wargear options.

I'm concerned that a heavy bolter would be ridiculously huge, Lord Ikka - you might want to look at cutting it down or converting some other gun (perhaps one of the primaris rifles) instead.  The cursed crosius is a good idea - any idea what you would use for the head?  As well, I assume you would use the crosius to represent the sword option?

I'll have to see when I get him- the heavy bolter in question is the FW Mars pattern from the HH line, so I think it is a little bit smaller, or at least thinner, than 40k heavy bolters. Cutting it down shouldn't be a problem at all. 

Depends- I'm doing a small (8-man) Word Bearer "kill-team" as more of a diorama/painting break than an actual army at the moment, but I would probably use it as the axe given that it will be big and unwieldy. Right now I'm looking at scratch-builging the crozius- can't find a good mace head big enough that will look suitably nasty, so I've got a couple of ideas. The main one is using an old plastic chrismas tree lightbulb that is somewhat geodesic in design and adding some spikes and flourishes to it. We'll have to see when I get my hands on the actual model. 

That's a cool demon prince, TPS - very creative and no confusion over which god he/it draws his/its power from. :smile.:  Is the halo/collar (the gold bit above the head) part of the hound, or is it from a different source?

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui