Noctems Night Lords Kill Team 2021: Tracker finished 24/9

Noctem Cultor

Greetings Brothers (and Sisters)!

I return to the VIII Legion after a break and 2000+ points of Daemons, to dip my toe in first a Kill Team to see how we go with all I have learnt since my last attempt.

The whole W I P progress will be in this album.

But let's get indepth for ive started with the first half of the Kill team 20 man Roster with the Marines, so far here they are before spraying arms and heads are bluetacked on so I could get a feel for them.

First up my Aspiring Champions:

NL 2021 WIP Aspiring Champions 1

NL 2021 WIP Aspiring Champions 2

NL 2021 WIP Aspiring Champions 3

For one ive gone with a disgraced Raptor and removed his turbines as punishment, red gauntlets ahoy!

Here are my gunners:

NL 2021 WIP Gunners 1

NL 2021 WIP Gunners 2

NL 2021 WIP Gunners 3

I'm a beliver that Night Lords will avoid bright light where possible so my ex Breacher Melta Gunner rigged up a shield from an Inceptors gun to block out some of that pesky light.

My warriors:

NL 2021 WIP Warriors 1

NL 2021 WIP Warriors 2

NL 2021 WIP Warriors 3

I have head swapped since as I've been given an old possessed head so the kneeling tracker will be tasting blood he has found. The other has the belt feed equipment.

My Icon Bearers:

NL 2021 WIP Icon Bearers 1

NL 2021 WIP Icon Bearers 2

NL 2021 WIP Icon Bearers 3

I didnt what full on chaos icons so just defiled Imperial icons on the backpacks.

And finally my Heavy Gunners:

NL 2021 WIP Heavy Gunners 1

NL 2021 WIP Heavy Gunners 2

NL 2021 WIP Heavy Gunners 3

I chopped up the champions arm from the upgrades to have a grizzly trophy equipment shoulderpad.

So you may think hmm needs more flayed skin but worry not! I plan on painting them up first before this stage as I will make PVA skin once I know where it will look best not covering up nice lightning on the armour etc.

I hope you guys like them so far as of posting I have done 80% of the bases in a concrete city theme and have a box of Cawdor and bits to make my cultists/ship crew/live bait to fill out the roster.

C+C welcomed.

-Noctem Edited by Noctem Cultor

I forgot to add that I added the bottom trim from the new CSM shoulder pads to some of the Nightlord shoulder pads to even out the look of some of the models, I wish they would do Legion upgrades sprue but hey we work with what we've got.

-Noctem

Okay I risked the rain to get a basecoat on, trying something different with the new metallic spray.

I've washed the heads and put some red on the eyes (not pictured) as a start (I do most of my stuff during lunch breaks so short bursts). The rest has a basecoat on and has been rebagged up so the bits don't get mixed up.

Basecoated CSM heads

CSM Basecoated

I'm going to do the heads first going forward, fingers crossed this basecoat works.

-Noctem

Edited by Noctem Cultor

No picture but an update, heads are all done so im now moving onto the bodies. Torn between going through doing each step on them all before moving onto the next one or finishing them one by one.

Tracker has had his trim washed so I will start the blues tomorrow.

-Noctem

Some new pictures!

First up the heads (struggling to focus my camera at the moment).

Heads

Heads

Heads

Heads

So my process is to do trim with Night Lord blue it doesn't matter if its messy as its to break up the effect of the next step.

Trim

Trim

Okay so I didnt finish adding the blue but hey I wanted you guys to see a bit more, this is the Leviadon Blue added. As you can see it gives a darker blue which is what I want so the Terror markings will pop.

Basecoating

I resisted the urge to share a picture of the bits together as I'm hoping to have him done soon and then post a finished picture.

-Noctem

TRACKER IS NOW FINISHED!

I wasn't sure if id finish him in time for a Friday update but I did, the photos don't do the light and dark contrasts well as they wash him out but hey here he is.

Tracker finished

Tracker finished

Tracker finished

Tracker finished

Tracker finished

Tracker finished

I wanted a darker colour scheme compared to the brighter one GWs been sporting, so Darker Midnight blue armour so the can jump out of the shadows. 

I subscribe to the theory than Night Lords are not Batman but Slasher Horror villains,  they toy with their prey in a very Freddie way so I wanted Tracker to have that sadistic playful vibe to him.

Thanks to my colleague for coming through with the old possessed head so he's tasting the blood rather than just looking at it.

I hope you like him onto the next one!

-Noctem