I’ve wanted to get back into the hobby for a little bit, particularly building minis. When I was choosing what army I wanted to play, I knew that I wanted something that would be fun to build and convert having played Space Marines back in the day which was quite an easy army to stick together.
I first saw Ghan’s Primogryn on Pinterest and followed that image to their Warhammer-Forum and Facebook page to read all about them. I loved the idea and wanted to have a go at making my own so I ordered some 40k ogryn and Blood Bowl ogres, some bitz, and have started to piece together some DreadnOgryn.
Beginning with a pair of ogryn legs, I started to cut off their leg and file away their knees to attach Kastelan Robots legs and feet.
Following Ghan’s original design, I had planned to try and use Nemesis Dreadknight arms; however, I found that they looked too big and unwieldy.
Leftover bitz from the Kastelan Robots legs provided an answer. The natural shapes of their armour look like muscle, I feel, placing the DreadnOgryn somewhere between robot and giant quite nicely.
Adding some pouches helped to hide how thin the ogryn's waist looks when it's dwarfed by the bullgryn plate and the robot's legs and arms.
Right now, everything is held together with blu tack until I find a pose that I’m happy with.
I have no idea how I'm going to attach the Kastelan Robots legs to the ogryn's torso, but that's an issue for another time!