What's Your Crusade?

Axilleas

My group is going to start a Crusade campaign and I'm wanting to use the Sons of Titan. The difficulty that I'm running into is just how prohibitively costly our units are, especially when you need to be battle forged and can only use a Patrol detachment at lower PL missions.

Once you've picked your hq and your strike squad (forget about using Terminators for troops), your not left with much room to work with.

I think I found a decent 50 PL battle roster to play. I'm just sad that I won't be able to use my GM and Paladins together in smaller games, nor can I accompany the Paladins with the P Ancient. I'm looking towards the long run though and I think they'll be beast mode in bigger crusade games once they've been upgraded some.

I'd love some inspiration from any brothers out there that have been enjoying Crusades of their own.

Back in the dark pre 9th edition codex days my crusade (which actually grew from my Kill Team) was the following:

• Brotherhood Champion
  • Techmarine
  • Ven Dread
  • Strike Squad- Psycannon, 1 warding stave, swords
  • Strike Squad- PSilencer, Hammer, Halbreds
  • Strike Squad-Incinerator, Falchions
  • Purgation Squad 4 psilencers
  • Ordo Malleus Inquisitor

gallery_26778_16349_26209.jpg

Not sure how effective it would have been but my group does not follow the current metas and most us play for fun.

Thanks for your replies. I've got my first Crusade games coming up this Sunday. I'm looking forward to rushing my GM to his first battle trait and becoming a Master of the Fleet. I really want to play around with the 2x 1cp Orbital Bombardment strat for the lulz.