Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's Your Crusade?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Axilleas

Axilleas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
My group is going to start a Crusade campaign and I'm wanting to use the Sons of Titan. The difficulty that I'm running into is just how prohibitively costly our units are, especially when you need to be battle forged and can only use a Patrol detachment at lower PL missions.

Once you've picked your hq and your strike squad (forget about using Terminators for troops), your not left with much room to work with.

I think I found a decent 50 PL battle roster to play. I'm just sad that I won't be able to use my GM and Paladins together in smaller games, nor can I accompany the Paladins with the P Ancient. I'm looking towards the long run though and I think they'll be beast mode in bigger crusade games once they've been upgraded some.

I'd love some inspiration from any brothers out there that have been enjoying Crusades of their own.
  • battle captain corpus and Helias Tancred like this

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,631 posts
  • Faction: Adepta Sororitas, Grey Knights

Back in the dark pre 9th edition codex days my crusade (which actually grew from my Kill Team) was the following:

• Brotherhood Champion
  • Techmarine
  • Ven Dread
  • Strike Squad- Psycannon, 1 warding stave, swords
  • Strike Squad- PSilencer, Hammer, Halbreds
  • Strike Squad-Incinerator, Falchions
  • Purgation Squad 4 psilencers
  • Ordo Malleus Inquisitor

gallery_26778_16349_26209.jpg

Not sure how effective it would have been but my group does not follow the current metas and most us play for fun.

• battle captain corpus and librisrouge like this

War of the Eagle

War of the Eagle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 203 posts
My area just started a crusade last month and im playing GKs in it.

So far I have

50pl
Grandmaster in NDK
Brother Captain
Venerable Dread
Purifier squad
Strike squad
Strike squad
Interceptor squad

I want to take Termies but their PL cost is ridiculous.

Axilleas

Axilleas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 70 posts
Thanks for your replies. I've got my first Crusade games coming up this Sunday. I'm looking forward to rushing my GM to his first battle trait and becoming a Master of the Fleet. I really want to play around with the 2x 1cp Orbital Bombardment strat for the lulz.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users