Homing Beacons. Did I miss something?

USNCenturion

Apologies if this is was answered elsewhere or if it’s totally obvious.

Am I correct that homing beacons and it’s similar mechanics, abilities, or stratagems are completely gone from the Dark Angels army? Due to the amount of supplements and white dwarfs and campaign books and crusade rules I’m not sure if the rule is reflected elsewhere.

Reading through the lore sections of the codex the homing beacons are mentioned several times; it’s almost like that mechanic was removed late into the codex development. It could just be inherent to the faction to leave it in the lore, but then again, why isnt it still a rule?

I’m pretty certain there’s nothing now that uses that cooperation between Ravenwing and Deathwing, but with so many publications out I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing it.

Am I correct that homing beacons and it’s similar mechanics, abilities, or stratagems are completely gone from the Dark Angels army? Due to the amount of supplements and white dwarfs and campaign books and crusade rules I’m not sure if the rule is reflected elsewhere.

Not entirely. You can still take a normal terminator or terminator assault squad and add homers for 5 points. But yes, they're gone on Ravenwing squads since 8th edition, IIRC.

Not entirely. You can still take a normal terminator or terminator assault squad and add homers for 5 points. But yes, they're gone on Ravenwing squads since 8th edition, IIRC.

Thanks. I know the index had the stratagem that let a DW deep strike within 6” of a RW, but that’s gone too obviously.

I’m just surprised we didn’t get any way to utilize that arguably vintage DA tactic.